Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > Hired Swords [Open, R]
Silanus

Character Info
Name: Tacitus Silanus
Alignment: LE
Race: Human
Class: Swordman/ Battlemage
Silver: 553
Ah, the Bohari. Mysterious nomads who are always mounting their horses; they can be dangerous, but a strong ally, too. Tacitus Silanus has been trying to communicate with those nomad tribes for months, but his letters never got an answer, until now. 

The Bohari were, well… In a very bad situation. The Skull Smasher Marauders became a plague in this realm! The SS marauders are a faction of bandits from the Vipamolan Coast. The thugs decided to establish here, since the place is rich with merchant caravans and the like. The Marauders usually outnumber the caravan guards and sack their merchandise. This had to end.

The Bohari horsemen have been trying to repel the criminals from their lands for weeks, but it seems to be impossible. There are like more than 60 bandits, all armed with maces and heavy blunt weapons. The Marauders have a fortified camp where they hide their loots and riches, and it's not easy for a horseman to guide his horse inside a camp surrounded by primitive and simple, but effective traps, like iron thorns, holes with wooden pikes and the like.

The Boharu sent a letter to the Fratis, offering a good amount of silver and also promised to become their allies, if they killed the Marauders.

Now, Silanus and 15 spearmen, 10 pikemen, 10 armored swordmen and 10 slingers marched to the Skull Smashers' garrison. All following the horsewoman Saramaika, who showed them the path.
 Saramaika also had 5 Boharu skirmish cavarly with her, ready to help the Fratis.

The troop attracted a lot of attention between the worried merchants. 

"Some men by ancestry are only the shadow of a mighty name."

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
Bohar was where she was going to go. This place was devastated and by the wake of fires the Goddess woke. Her bare feet crossed the scorched burning grounds. The skirts of her dress began to set fire as she approached a hoard. It wasn't a main one, hardly anything to be afraid of.

Those ivy eyes that were once the same color as the green grass of the plains were now on fire, at least on the inside. The orcs began to approach. It was one woman how much trouble could she really be? A hostile smile crossed Angela face. Mother Nature was a bitch.

Spikes of rocks shot up and through most of the small platoon. The orcs were startled as Angela continued to approach. The dusts of war were upon them all. "I wish to know where your leaders are." She gave them a kind smile filled with nightshade. She was quick to pick one up by the neck she dared the ones left to make a move. The flames from the plains began to spread onto the orc. "Speak quickly Orc. You won't live forever." There was a fear in its eyes as a bloody scream left its lips.

She made quick work of them and shook the flames from her now bare body. Her red hair covered her as she began to walk to the nomadic plans. Seeing the soldiers she smiled a bit. "MY LADY!" One of the merchants dropped to their knees for a moment as they stared at the slightly scorched body of the Lady of the Land. "You must be treated!"

"None sense, do not waste your resources on me. I was merely trying to find out where those orc leaders were… sadly it was just a little group." A robe was brought over and placed onto her as she fluffed out her hair and tied it. "I'll heal just fine. I know one of my daughters was passing through here so I was worried. Don't think I am just here to help you." It was cold but the merchant understood the Mother. The bear had been disturbed.

"Who's the leader of this pack of soldiers?" 

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Silanus

Character Info
How could one not notice this couple of strangers? A madman yelling "my lady!!!" and dropping in his knees, and then a woman acting like she is the queen of Bohar, not your typical caravan… It looked like the soldiers were travelling with the merchants, like guards or something, but they were two different caravans, with different goals. 

One of the spearmen heard the red-haired woman talking about orcs. Trying to find leader of orcs, a little group, a daughter? What was she talking about? The clan of the Fratis are allies with 14 different clans of orcs and enemies with none. (All the enemies have been killed or sold as slaves) What if she is seeking for one of their allies? Of COURSE, this is something this loyal spearman had to tell to his leader, Tacitus Silanus.

"Ehem, Tacitus Silanus, a mysterious stranger is talking about orcs… She is, seeking for… Orcs… And I was thinking, what if SHE is trying to find one of OUR allies? We can´t afford to lose orcs right now, not in times like these." Silanus frowned and simply thanked the soldier, after that, he, accopmanied with his orchish co-leader, Braltak, walked towards the couple of people.

Braltak glared at the red-haired lady and asked: "You´re looking for orcs? A leader of orcs? I, Braltak, am the chieftain of a powerful tribe, and I know most of the other orc tribe-masters in the Motherland. What´s your business with our people? Answer, now. We orcs are not patient folk!" And Braltak was not lying, he is the chieftain of an orc tribe, the main allies with the Fratis. Braltak considers Silanus a shield-brother. They are almost family, if it´s possible to say.

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Angela picked her leg up and crossed it over the other. Watching the orc with amusement in her eyes. "I would be careful if I were you. Talking like that to the gods tends to get one smited." The words left the woman who was caring for Angela's mouth.

"No, it's alright. I suppose even after two hundred years of reign some people don't know who I am." Curling her red hair she took a long hard sigh. "Don't tell me when to answer you. I am your mother. I allowed for your conception and birth into this world." She finally got up and pat her robes. "My child is wandering out in the Plains of Bohar. I'm looking for the Orcs responsible for the damages. I will change their minds. They will change their path of war by choice or I'll force it."

Realizing that he might not know what was going on she steadied herself. "An assault has come through here and planning on heading towards Mamlak. A group of orcs came through the dungeon and began to raise all holy hell. I just came from the east of here and the lands are completely scorched because of them. If we don't stop them they will make the land unusable for a time and no one will be able to live in the plains. Not only that but my daughter, as I said, is travelling through here. While she can handle herself it is a mother's duty to worry."

Angela's 3 God Rules
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Silanus

Character Info
A Goddess? A Mother? 200 years of reign? After hearing such words, Silanus thought to himself: "How much fungi did this woman consume, damn it!" Let´s say members of the Fratis are what some people may call, "pagans"… They believed in a race called kelonians and that sort of thing, they did not know ANYTHING about gods or divines or angels or demons or whatever. Braltak frowned and licked his lips, he hated such thing as a "god"; they had ugly experiences with one of them.

Silanus looked at his orc companion and said: "Braltak, we can´t follow this who-knows-what, even if she says orcs are rampaging around. We are getting paid to remove the bandit plague." Braltak frowned and remained in silence for two seconds, then answered: "I can simply guide our troops and obliterate the brigands, you should go and look what this woman is seeking for, Tacitus… Who knows, it could be something dangerous or important atleast." Silanus sighted and closed his eyes in dissapointment, he really wanted to cooperate in the bandit-camp raiding, but he realized that helping someone who claims to be a goddess could be more important…

Silanus nodded and said to Braltak: "Very well, you Braltak, guide our troops to victory and establish an alliance with the bohari, me, Tacitus Silanus will help this… Woman or divine or angel or whatever she is, honestly, it matters NOT." Silanus cleared his throat and called for his 11 year-old servant, Cassia. She inmediately came, with a bag of food in one shoulder and a small leather satchel. She was wearing a simple orange tunic, just looking at her made one think that she was a plebeian or atleast a not-so-wealthy kid. 

Tacitus Silanus looked at the woman and said: "As you may know, my name´s Tacitus Silanus, it would be a dissapointment if you haven´t heard from me… Perhaps we should gain more fame in this little world, and the folk will know us, hah! What you say is… Interesting… Our faction, the almighty Fratis, dislike raiding orcs, even in foreign lands." Silanus paused for some seconds, licked his lips and then, with one hand, he held his long, red cape and covered his left arm with it. Such fancy movements… With a sarcastic, yet sassy voice tone, he continued talking: "Shall you accept Silanus´noble company, oh mighty mother goddess of whatever you are? Hah…"

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Angela found herself displeased with the entire situation. If her daughter wanted to run a muck on her own at least she could do it safely. She swept her hair a bit as she remember that this particular daughter was a war strategist in her own right. Aaryona's father had been a noble ruler and had taught his daughter how to rule from the day she stepped into the light.
Crossing her arms towards Tacitus she simply shrugged. "I've not heard of many men who wander the mortal realm as it is large. You'll have to forgive me on that end." She took strands of her hair and moved them. "I'll accept your help. You'll have to forgive me for being so forceful. I am goddess who gifts fertility and holds the cornucopia. I am Mother to all and Blesser of Seasons. So many titles too little time. One of my daughters wanders the lands here in Bohar. I wish to find her before the orcs do. If you would accompany me and make sure she is either out of Bohar or safe that would be wonderful."
A young elven clergy member ran to her side and began to whisper in her ear. Angela took all the whispers in before straightening up and smiling at the woman. “I am really sorry that Iva is being a pain in your behind. I would say a good spanking would help but by the Tree that girl doesn’t learn. You may restrain her in her sit if she doesn’t sit still for her lesson. I am not raising heathen children. I’ve raised over one hundred children successfully and I’ll be damned if she doesn’t turn out semi-proper. Thank you Maria for putting up with her.” The woman bowed and ran off.
I apologize for that my daughter Iva is quite a pain for a five year old. She is my biggest challenge I swear but at least she keeps life interesting. Now Sir Silanus where should we begin to look?” She summoned the godly weapon Trandafir to her side. The godly power of it resonated off of it to the surrounding area. The obsidian staff was etched with gold and looked as if it had always been. “I am hoping I won’t have to use Trandafir but if worse comes to worse I’ll rip the earth apart.”

Angela's 3 God Rules
Silanus

Character Info
Silanus looked at Angela´s weapon and opened his eyes quite a bit, he slowly nodded twice and said: "Not bad… Not at all." Of course he´d like to take a closer look at that staff, perhaps even use it, but staves were not his style. Silanus stretched his arms and said to Angela: "If Silanus, oh mighty leader of the yet-to-be powerful Fratis, future hah, governor of this dirt blocks, is to follow you, consider to stop talking about being a mother or about cornupia; hah, we don´t even know what cornupia is, and honestly, we simply don´t care…" Tacitus Silanus was in a good mood, but he disliked hearing words that he didn´t know, they made him look inferior. He wanted his intellect to be as high as his ego, meeting smarter people were humilliating for him. 

Silanus did not know what to say to this person, claiming she was a divine. That went against EVERYTHING these people believe in, after all, those days anyone can claim to be a god, the hard part was to prove it. Members of the Fratis believe in the kelonians, not in mother earth, not in those things! This was the second woman that randomly claims to be a divine, this was going out of hand!

Silanus looked at Angela and said: "You know, ehm… Poor of me, not even knowing your name, so what will me, Tacitus Silanus leader of the Fratis and future leader of the whole world, enemy of the Adeluna empire, ally of orcs, conquer of lands, what will I, commander of people call you know? I´ll call you mom, as simply as that, hah!" Silanus cleared his throat and continued talking: "You are the second person that comes to me saying she´s a goddess. I met a drow who liked to climb trees. Hah, saying she was a divine she simply decided to attack us! We did not even bother in learning that fool´s name, after all she escaped, pfff. Anyways, mom, lead the way, oh Silanus is eaaaager to rescue his little sister!" 

Silanus´story was not completely true, the other divine did not attack them without reason, and did not escape. 

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.