Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Histories of the Aurai
Lianna

Character Info
Name: Lianna
Alignment: TG
Race: Aurai
Class: Aurai are bound to their Aura by creatures called Crean.
Silver: 2153

Seeing as I have the memories of an entire race, yet remain the only one alive I figured it was time to write down the memories I have been shown about their histories as accurately as I can. I don't have control over what the Crean show me, but I will do my best to organize them chronologically. First and foremost I need to detail what the race entails as I'm sure few books have been written about them as they have always been rare. As i have only been one for a few years now I cannot tell you all the abilities one has. I do know that I can do a considerable amount of healing and light weaving. My aura is constantly visible to others and reflects my mood, I do know from memories that eventually I will be able to control the color fluctuations. I can't even begin to tell you how much I miss having my emotions hidden from others. 

I have found that the Crean give me memories based on my situation, I assume that eventually they will help me with my note taking. It is frightening though when you are in a dire situation and suddenly feel transported through time to see something that will assist you. From what I can tell the memories happen in mere seconds so they haven't hindered me in any way other than a moment of shock when they begin. Here is a summary of what I know about the Aurai race, there will be more to come when I figure out what order the memories I remember are in.

The Aurai:

Seeing as I have the memories of an entire race, yet remain the only one alive I figured it was time to write down the memories I have been shown about their histories as accurately as I can. I don't have control over what the Crean show me, but I will do my best to organize them chronologically. First and foremost I need to detail what the race entails as I'm sure few books have been written about them as they have always been rare. 

The Aurai:

An Aurai is strongly bound to its aura, Lianna’s moods are reflected in the color of it. The glow around her is made up of a semi-sentient magical species known as Crean. These Crean have become dependent on the Aurai for survival. For this coexistence to be possible, an Aurai must have as much contact with sunlight as they can. The Crean feed off of the light and use part of the energy harvested to help maintain its host. On the other hand, an Aurai’s body helps feed the Crean with the magical emanations created by their existence.

Starved of sunlight an Aurai will sicken days and die in two weeks. Overcast days don’t stop enough of the sun's energy, but with enough consecutive cloudy days, Aurai becomes lethargic. Since they thrive off of light, Aurai has a dislike of caves or other perpetually dark places.

The Aurai were created by higher beings known as The Guardians who selected a small human clan to receive teachings in the way of goodness. All Aurai are good aligned. It is said that Ombrai are Aurai who turned their backs on the teachings of the Guardians and feed off of darkness instead of light.

It should be noted that Aurai seldom reproduces  due to their auras. Unless both partners are a perfect match, no children will be born of the union. They are however exceedingly long lived, with the average lifespan easily reaching five hundred years. Since the Crean are passed from Aurai to Aurai, they retain memories of the entire race.