Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Chronicle of Stories
Maia

Character Info
Name: Maia Alekios
Alignment: TG
Race: Half Elf
Class: Healer
Silver: 247
Today is finally the day I set out for my Journey. Yesterday was my seventeenth birthday. Father gifted me my beautiful new vardo to shelter me along the way. Mother presented an alpaca to not only pull it but to provide company on lonely roads. I've decided to call her Noel. My sister wove for me a cloak of the nights' stars to hide me in the dark and keep the rain pleasant. Not to be outdone, my brother bestowed a candy striped staff for my protection. He refused to say how he came by it. That it was a secret he would share when I returned home safe from my Journey. 

Other preparations have been made over the years. The Headwoman has taught me all she can of my magicks and the Shaman has shared every secret he knows of herbs and medicines. My survialcraft is adequate. I can read maps and follow the stars. I know how to barter and trade to assure my advantage. My combat skills are lacking; unavoidable really. The Shaman suggests to run if it comes down to it. I can borrow enough swiftness for that. Additional learning must come from afar. It must be lived experienced. I am as ready as those who have come before me. 

My memory is better than most but I will keep this record of my Journey nonetheless. It will serve me well to transcribe the happenings along the way so that the Stories will be preserved in more then just memory. That is the goal of the Journey after all; to seek out the Stories of the world and bring them home for the Clan to preserve. 

Thus I leave for my Journey like my parents before me and my grandparents before them since the beginning. I am ready.