Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Forsaken Scriptures
Abaddon

Character Info
Name: Abaddon
Alignment: TN
Race: Demon
Class: Lord of the Crossroads Demons
Silver: 166
Does it intrigue me of how fragile many mortals are with their state in this world? It…used to. When I accepted my new profession, I observed plenty of them, driven by want, desire, or envy and they are so willing to sacrifice just about everything to get their "wish". It used to fascinate me greatly how easy it was for them to throw their lives away on such a hearty gamble, unaware of the steeper prices that would come later down the road. Perhaps I pitied them to some amount; clearly they were like lost lambs that needed to be lead somewhere, anywhere.

I used to despise them from my time as an angel- overseeing them as if they were children. Unable to take responsibility for their acts and were quick to find every excuse in the book to justify themselves. Perhaps it was a personal insult? Someone had harmed them or someone they loved? That they stole from them? It’s pointless because then the other party could claim the same. In reality, it was never a good idea to let the masses be without someone in charge. However, such weakness can be exploited, not only by myself and those aligned but there are others that have a knack for preying on such unfortunate ones.

Contracts, contracts, contracts. I receive plenty of them in bulk nowadays and though it is true that I can no longer claim souls as recent gods have taken the mantle of life and death respectively, I am however able to rewrite such bindings at my leisure, given that I see a loophole or two. I reside in my stead and my agents are the main broker, but it is I who reap the rewards and share with them. Possession, coin, blood- whatever is offered in lieu of a soul is fair game in the books.

I suppose I have been in this game for far too long but as far as eternity goes, I have yet to scratch the surface of my sentence.