Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Journal of Information
Attie

Character Info
Name: Attie
Alignment: CN
Race: Human (Dead)
Class: Wanderer/Scholar
Silver: 0
Day 1

I have learned that there are three continents in Revaliir and that each continent has its own tree. Parvpora is apparently the most extreme continent as its tree had been destroyed long ago. Canelux is a traditional continent that is protected by The Voice and its where the gods are their strongest. Onnen is the newest continent, or at least new to us, and it is based on traditions. This is the basic descriptions of these continents. The person who explained this to me was a part of the village I used to stay at. His name was Gilber but I cannot recall his face. After today I will begin writing down what the person looks like so I'll be able to recognize them in the future. Perhaps I'll even start drawing them. 
Attie

Character Info
Day 2

The village people do not like me. They trained me on how to write and read yet they seem to dislike me. Should I be bothered by this? I am not one of them after all. I want to go home. I want to go back to mother. People here never give away their true intentions, unlike the wild beasts of the forest. And they hate it when I smell things from far away or see things from a distance. Claiming it is unnatural, they tell me not to let my "wild" instincts overwhelm me. But those instincts helped mother and me survive. I won't give them up, I'll just have to hide them. Like how I hid myself when there was danger back home. Writing is still a challenge for me but I think that I'm improving. 

I have a plan…at night I'm going to visit my mother deep within the forest. I'll return before morning and if anyone asks, I'll claim I just went to relieve myself in the forest. Oh, and something that I learned today was that there were these things called gods. Gods are these powerful beings who are immortal. Immortal means that they don't grow old and that they can't be defeated by mortals.

A man named Gilgamed told me about what gods meant. He has grey short hair that stops at the end of his neck and wears a purple tunic with long brown pants. After telling me all this information, he began to brag about how he is the richest person in the village as only he was able to wear the color purple. He explained that purple was a rare color to get and as such, he was the only person who was able to wear it. Apparently I wasn't the first one he had bragged to about because other people rolled their eyes in reaction to his words. (Then they told me that rolling eyes meant that people were annoyed once Gilgamed was out of earshot).

I don't know if I like this place or not. But it has the information that I need. The information that I desire for. I'll visit my mom but I refuse to return home until I am satisfied with what I've learned. 
Attie

Character Info
Day 3

A woman named Erika Dóti̱s came up to me and demanded that I needed to start working for the village since they were giving me food and a house for free. I found this rather annoying since when I was in those houses, I was sent to sleep in the kitchen on the hard floor. And the food that they gave me was called porridge which stunk and had mostly water in it. Food in the forest was eaten raw but we wouldn't just eat fish or meat. Mom and I would search for berries, nuts, and honey. I was the best at getting nuts and berries, even better than my mother. Those nuts, berries, and honey were all a lot better than the slop they gave me for food. 

Despite all this, I went and began working for the village. They had information I needed so I didn't want to get them mad before I was able to finish gathering all of their knowledge. Since I couldn't cook or clean very well, I was sent out to hunt small prey or track down larger prey for the hunters to catch. Although if I'm being honest, I would be able to catch more than their hunters can. None of the hunters use their noses to follow their prey, instead they just rely on their poor eyesight, expecting the animals to have the same disadvantage. But animals can smell each other from miles away, didn't the hunters understand that? 

However, its not my job to catch the big prey and I don't have time to do that anyway. I have enough to do without these "chores" that the village gives me. Now onto the information section.
————————————————–

Information: Note taking, grammar, vocabulary, and manners. 

Notes: 
-Have a title.
-Put the facts in a list style
-When moving to a new topic, separate it from the previous topic and give it a new title. 

Person
Gilgamed is the one who explained this to me. I decided to try it out with Day 3 information. He has checked these notes and deemed them good. I can trust him since he got himself a proper education and this is what they taught him in his education. Apparently education is not available for everyone since he brags about how only wealthy people like him are able to know this stuff. Does this mean I'm wealthy?

Grammar:
-I comes before E except after C in common speak. 
-A period always comes at the end of a sentence. 
-The first letter of a word is to be big, or capitalized. Capitalized is the same thing as big. 
-Adding S to words makes it talk about multiple things. (I already knew this.)
-Swims will be swims even when the word is up-side down (This was my own discovery)
-You're means you are. 
-Their is to be used when describing something that belongs to others. 
-They're is they are
-There is used when describing a place. 

Person
Again, Gilgamed is the one who explained all of these grammar rules. Except the one I added. Some of them I already knew, some of them were new, some of them I knew I had to do but didn't know why. Gilgamed is the only one in the village who seems to be able to explain all of this. I asked him some more questions and it seems that he is a merchant who was able to buy himself education then returned to the village to spread his knowledge to everybody else and boast about it too. Gilgamed is a nice person, even though he is arrogant. 

Vocabulary:
Notes- A brief record of facts
Title- A name to something
List-A number of stuff/things/ideas/anything written down
Education- Having received knowledge from a specific source. 
Vocabulary- Words used in a specific language. 
Language- A method of human communication
Communication- People telling each other things by speaking or through body language.
Topic- The main thing in a sentence.
Arrogance- When one is too proud of oneself. 

Person
Gilgamed talked about notes, titles, lists, vocabulary, and education. Since I was getting tired of talking to Gilgamed, I went and talked to a few other villagers. Erika was the first one to tell me about arrogance and communication. Language and topic were explained to me by a man named Bacchus Fattore who is normally drunk but had finally been not drunk enough for me to talk to him. 

Manners:
-When meeting somebody new I'm supposed to say Hello and introduce myself. 
-Sometimes I'm supposed to shake hands when I meet somebody new. 
-When I leave somebody I'm supposed to say goodbye. 
-I cannot have my mouth open when I eat.
-I am supposed to say thank you when someone does something for me. 
-Say "please" when I want something. 

Person
Erika was the one who taught me these manners after claiming that I was too wild for my own good. She said that manners would make me a better person and….if that's true then I can't really argue with that. Although I don't understand what she means by too wild for my own good. Why do these people, who live so close to the forest, seem to despise the wild? Isn't that the thing that they rely on the most? I'm confused….

Conclusion
There are so many words that I'm learning everyday. I cannot write them all down since there are too many. From now on, I'll focus on facts besides language. 
Attie

Character Info
Day 4

I got into trouble today. Today was my birthday, or at least the day that they found me. According to them I am an adult now. At first I was wondering how that was any different from being of 17 years old? But they quickly made it clear what that meant. The entire village seemed to agree to not give me any homes or food. I don't mind since it means that I don't have to work for them anymore. However, everybody's been treating me differently. They act closed off and whisper about me behind my back. Anytime I hear them talk about me its somewhere along these lines. 

"Where did we go wrong? Why isn't she normal yet? Now she's going to end up as a homeless stranger. She's an adult now, we won't do anything for her. She's never going to amount to anything at this rate." 

I don't understand why their attitude has changed all the sudden. Did I do something wrong? I've done everything they've ever asked and have tried not to cause any trouble for these villagers. I've never cared for them that much but I've never hated them either. Whenever I ask for help they simply refuse, claiming that I ought to know how to do it or that is for me to figure out. Their cold attitude confuses me. I figured out why later when I accidentally knocked over a barrel of apples which I did try to pick up until the apple seller began to shout at me. 

"What the hell are you doing?!" He shouted, "Why are you still here?!"

"Sorry, I'm going to clean it up." I responded. 

"No, why are you still in this village?" He raged, "You are an adult now! Get the hell out of here! We took you in as a kid because you were a kid. Now you're an adult and we don't want you here. You've been nothing but a strange kid all your life and we don't want to deal with you anymore. Nobody will miss you so get on out of here!"

…Today I learned something very important. 

No humans care about me. Only my real mother cares about me and she lives in the safe forests. The only reason why I stayed at the village was for the information I could learn but now…I just want to go home. I miss my mom and the safe cave. Nobody shouts at me there. Nobody says terrible things. My mom's the only one I can truly rely on. She's the only one who would care if I was gone. She's the only one…

I'm going home. I'm heading back to Viren's forest to see my mother. I've packed up all of my stuff in a bag I found in the trash. It's clean enough to use. Perhaps I will hunt down a rabbit as a gift for mom when I see her. It's been a long time since we've seen each other. I wonder how she is doing? 
Attie

Character Info
Day 5

Today I met three new people. One of them was a woman with bright red hair who is named Nelenna. There is a handsome guy with blonde hair who is named Camthorn. The third person was a woman with black hair named Seo-Hyang. Nelanna and Camthorn invited the rest of us to eat at their place. The food was delicious and their home was so cozy. I hope that I'll be able to meet them again soon. I couldn't stay though. I have to figure out what I'm going to do. There is nothing left for me anymore. I'm homeless, without a family and without a purpose for living. …Maybe I should just die. Nobody would even notice and I'd be free of this life. The pain of my mother's death would be gone. This growing feeling of loneliness would be gone. I'd be able to go wherever everyone goes when they die. But I can't help but wonder, is that what I'm meant to do?

What is the point of my existence? My mother never had the words to help me answer that. Growing up, all the other kids had a future ahead of them. All I've ever wanted is to be with my mom. Be where I'm happiest. But I can't do that anymore.  Why was I born? Is there some reason that I am alive? Will my birth ever be important or will I just be one of the other people born to only die and be forgotten? What if I'm not living up to my full potential? What if there is something great I'm supposed to do but I fail? Or perhaps my purpose must be decided by me. Yet, I feel as though I'll never amount to anything. One day I'll die like everybody else. What happens when I die, having done nothing important? People would forget me. Then again, even heroes and kings are forgotten to the sands of time. 

I love doing everything. There isn't just one thing that I want to do. I can't decide on one thing and be trapped with that thing forever. What will I do when death is staring me down? Should I run from it or embrace it? I will die. There isn't much time for a human like me. I am going to die. The death part is easy, you just die. The harder part is figuring out what to do with the life that I have left. People like Nelenna and Camthorn seem to have it all figured out. Nelenna is a champion and Camthorn is a warrior. I wonder how they were able to figure it all out. Then again, their life has value. They have each other and probably tons of people who love or rely on them. Right now, I have nobody who loves me. 

I am scared. 

But, for now, I'll make myself live. Maybe there is a purpose out there, waiting for me. Besides my mother went through all the trouble of raising and protecting me. If I were to die I'd be destroying all her hard work. Despite my desire to be reunited with her, I couldn't do that. I've always been good at learning. I'll focus on that until I can get this whole mess figured out. Haha. It's almost funny. I have all the freedom in the world to do whatever I like, and that thought is what is keeping me a prisoner of fear. 

I'm such a pathetic waste of space, aren't I?
Attie

Character Info
Day 6

…I realize that my last post was a little intense. So I'm going to try to put as many positive things as the negative things. Perhaps that might help my outlook on life a bit. I don't think these feelings of mine will ever go away. But what I do with it is what is important. I'm going to head out to find a village in the Jasumin Plains. I talked to a passing traveler who explained that in Jasumin Plains, anybody can learn how to fight. Fighting will be important if I want to be able to survive in this world for longer than a day. I learned fighting from my mother but I always was aware that I didn't have the claws or the teeth to be able to do the things she did. So I'm going to get a sword and fight. Swordfighting can't be too different from fighting like a bear right? Swords are just bigger claws. 

If I come across something to learn, I'll go ahead and learn it. I've got all the time in the world. At this point I'm just waiting until I grow old and drop dead. But on the positive side, it also means that I don't have to worry about things like running out of time. Not to mention that I'll get to know new things every chance I get. I wonder what the world has to offer for knowledge? This journal entree is going to be short, I don't have much to say and travel isn't exactly exciting. 
Attie

Character Info
Day 19

(I'm only going to prioritize the journal entries I think are important for the story. She has a lot more of these but for now, these are the ones I'm going to highlight.)

I found out what happens when one drinks the alcohol too much. Apparently there is a chance that the drinker will forget everything and end up on an unknown island with no memory of what happened before. And you will get a massive headache. This was information that I didn't know before. Another lesson I learned is that people will take the chance to hurt you when you are by yourself. A stranger tried to kill me for my money, which isn't that much. The thief failed and I ended up being helped by a woman with bright pink hair. I didn't know that people could have pink hair growing naturally. 

Her name is Jesgil Yamar and she is a travelling maid. I have no idea what a maid is but I decided I would ask later. The defeated thief wasn't dead so we took the time to discover who he was and why he was there. We ended up giving him to the local village where he came from. The villagers decided on sending him into their prison. But I don't mind the fact that he tried to kill me. If he was trying to kill somebody else, I would be upset. But he was just trying to hurt me. Why would I be mad about that? It'd be like if I got mad at somebody attacking air. There is nothing to worry about. 
Attie

Character Info
Day 27

I traveled back to the village where I learned how to speak. The village of Luton is the same since the last time that I came here. Its as if time stopped here. The only thing that indicates change is fact that the villagers are aging. I got to see Maelon again, he was the one who taught me common language and helped with my growing up. He would have taken me in if it wasn't for his nagging wife and many children. Of all people in Luton, he is certainly the kindest. Time hasn't been kind to Maelon. His left leg has developed a limp. I asked about it. 

"Oh that? Don't worry." He said, "This is just what happens when you get old. Sometimes your body doesn't work like its supposed to. The muscles in this old leg is starting to weaken. I had a healer look at it but there isn't much she can do about it. So I'd say not to worry about it." 

"But you're not that old." I insisted. 

He didn't give me much of a response, instead just shrugging it off. I think there is something that he isn't telling me. But I decided drop it. After all, if he says that its fine or not to worry about it, then I shouldn't. Maelon wouldn't lie to me. We chatted for a while about a bunch of stuff. I told him about my recent travels, leaving out the part about my mom. He told me about his blacksmithing job and how it was going. Most of his kids had grown up and moved out or married. His wife still was nagging but she had started to leave him alone since his leg was injured and all. Towards the end of the conversation, he pulled out a small box and placed it on the table. 

"You know…before I was a blacksmith, I was a hunter." He started. 

"I know." I said excitedly, "You were one of the hunters that found me in the forest with my mom."

"Yes. Well we didn't find just you." He explained, "Around your neck was an amulet. Some of the other hunters wanted to steal it so I took it before they could. It was around your neck so it is rightfully yours. Besides…for all we know it could lead to your original parents." 

I opened the box and looked in to see an amulet with a blue stone in the center. Looking back up to Maelon, I could see his curiosity but I didn't share it. The one thing I would never be curious about is my birth parents. 

"Is this a gift from you?" I asked. 

"Well it was originally yours and it might-" 

"Are you giving this to me?" I asked, "I don't care about my birth parents. They weren't the ones who raised me. They aren't family. But you….you are the closest I've ever come to a…well…"

"A father?" He asked with a warm smile, "I've always considered you one of my children, even if my wife doesn't. And yes… it is a gift." 

"Then I'll take it!" I said happily. 

It took me a little while to put on the amulet, as I had to figure out how to put it on. With a little help from Maelon, I was able to wear it around my neck. This was a gift that I will treasure forever. However, I noticed that Maelon had become suddenly quiet. 

"What's wrong?" I asked. 

"…I have something to tell you." He said, "I am very sick. The limp is due to a muscle failure but it has more to do with my brain. I'm slowly loosing control of my body. Soon I'll be unable to do things like walk, talk, eat, sleep without assistance. My wife has already arranged for a servant to come and help but I know that my days are going to be numbered. The idea of being unable to do simple things like feeding myself….I hate it. So I have made a request to all of my children. Don't come back until I have passed. I know this will be a difficult request but…. I want you to remember me as I am now. A strong father figure who was always smiling." 

It felt as though a boulder was shot through my chest when he said those words. I had just admitted that he was a father figure and suddenly the world was taking him away from me. What was worse is what he asked of me. It meant I couldn't spend his last days with him. At that moment, I broke down into tears and held him. I didn't want to. I didn't want to leave him. I didn't want him to leave me. 

"T-there must be some way to heal-" I managed to say through tears.

"No." He interrupted, "Even if there was, I doubt that we would have the money for it. I do not want anybody to waste time or that much money on me." 

I kept holding onto him. Tears fell onto his shirt as I realized that he had accepted his fate long ago. But I wasn't ready to accept it. My grip on him only grew tighter. 

"It's time to go." Maelon said holding me, "Everybody has a time. Everybody has a place. This happens to be mine. Remember that I do care about you and the rest of my children. But….I'm not going to have you remember me as a mindless idiot who can't even walk by himself or use the bathroom. I want you to remember me this way. As a strong person who held you." 

We stayed like that, holding onto one another. Despite everything he said, I know he was hurting. Knowing that the only family members he'd ever see again was his wife. But in the end, he made me leave. If I stayed, he would have had one of the guards remove me from the house…. Once again, a parent has been taken from me. Once again I'm alone. 

The world really must hate me…
Attie

Character Info
Day 40

Today a group of thieves caught me off guard, went through my stuff, and threw me off of a cliff into water while tied up with metal chains. It wasn't the greatest of days but I got lucky and got saved! There was a little girl by the name of Mira who saved me. She had this strange orb in her hands and had to ability to control water. It was fascinating! I've never seen anything like it before. After the rescue we sorta talked. She was able to understand me but I wasn't able to understand her language. But she got her point across through body language and writing. At one point she gave me a small lesson in water magic. It was incredible! I was impressed by her skill. We both wanted to get off the island but there wasn't any clear way of doing it. Then we met the locals and they were able to help us. I remembered a spell that I once found in a library in Adeluna City so I decided to perform it. The spell went fine enough, although I was nervous on how it would turn out. I was able to transform into a griffon and fly off the island with Mira. I think Mira and I are friends now, but I didn't ask before we parted ways. 

Maybe I'll see her again? Who knows.