Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > New Malati and a New Journal
Malati

Character Info
Name: Malati
Alignment: TG
Race: Tiefling
Class:
Silver: 266
Sigh….

Can I just write 'sigh'? It seems a little bit like cheating. But then, this is my journal, no one else's, so who is going to stop me?

I suppose I could stop me. It would be an epic struggle, one for the ages. Vasa Malati against Vasa Malati….

Sigh…

Look, I did

Okay, I have to stop this. I'm putting it off because it sucks. Not as bad as I feared, but worse than I hoped for sure. And even as I write that, I'm putting it off. I suppose I should start from…

Not the beginning, nope not going to do that. But I'll start from the most recent beginning.

I've been living alone for a little over a year. Let's not go into why, we know why. It's been tough, but good. I feel more like…myself I guess? But it's been lonely too, I was done being alone. So I left the little place I'd made for myself in the Highlands and returned home.

It wasn't very far, me and my family lived in the foothills of the Highlands ever since I was born. After Dad died, Mom and me made the homestead pretty self sufficient. We had a good garden, and lived near a stream for fish and water. It was a small house, but more than enough for the two of us.

I got there about a day later, and the place was almost exactly as I remembered it. Its like my mom hadn't changed a thing in the three years since I left. Hard to think I was not even 16 years old back then. The first thing I noticed was that the crops weren't growing in well. There were weeds in the garden, preventing them from growing as thickly as they could have.

I have to admit, that was scary. Mom would not have let even that small amount of weeds pop up. I went inside after that, and it was one of those good news, bad news situations.

So let's start with the good I suppose. There was no sign of struggle or blood. And I searched over our home for hours. If someone did harm to my mom, they were the absolute best at cleaning it up. There was not a single sign of harm, no blood or broken things.

But the bad news is that my old home was filled with cobwebs and dust. No one had lived here in at least six months. There seemed to be some clothing missing, but after three years of being away….it was kinda hard to tell if anything else was missing.

I spent some time there. A couple days. I had been expecting to go home, but home didn't feel like home without mom around. It took me a while to figure out what to do, and I guess that's why I'm writing here now.

I don't know if it's a good idea, but I have no idea where mom went and I don't have any where else to go. She was the last person I really knew…the last person alive anyways.

Damn, sorry about that, writing around tear drops is annoying.

Anyways! So right, what I'm doing next. Mom was an adventurer before Dad died, she saw the whole world…well a lot of it at any rate. So that's what I'm gonna do. I'm going to see the world.

I guess I'll write more in this later? I don't know. Probably.

With less crying through.

Hopefully.

No, definitely less crying.

-Vasa Malati
Malati

Character Info
Name: Malati
Alignment: TG
Race: Tiefling
Class:
Silver: 266
I found her!

Journal, you have no idea how excited I am! I am so excited that I'm not sure that I can end any sentence in anything other than an exclamation point! See?! Even when asking a question I end with an exclamation!

Okay, I've got to stop that. Constantly yelling is exhausting, even when its only written. But the first line, that's still important and worth of the exclamation. I found my mother!

So, let's see here, where did I end last time? Right, tear drops got it. None of those today!

I suppose I should actually start telling this story now. After going home and not finding anyone there, I sat around on my old bed for a while, not sure what I should do next. Then I went to get something to eat from my pack, only to find I didn't have any food left. That kinda limited my options. There wasn't any food left in my old house, and if there had been I'm sure that eating it would have been a terrible idea.

So I could go forage something in the wilds of the Highlands, or I could trade a few of the coins I had for something at the village near my home. The same village where doing my good deed got me sent to Jyeir. And I don't need to tell
you how that ended up. But….I guess I was lonely, and I was tired, and I really really did not want to go back into the woods to find food. Besides, that was years ago. I've changed since then, gained a lot of muscle and a couple years, lost a horn and some hair. No one would recognize me.

And for some reason that seemed like enough. I made my way to the village, and surprise surprise, no one recognized me. Which is not to say I received a warm welcome. They could still tell I was a tiefling. The red skin, natural purple hair, horn, and tail kinda gave me away. I got more a than a few stares, and even a glare or two. But where the 16 year old version of me would have slunk away, I now just glared back at them.

I am happy to report that there are a number of people in the village who likely think they're curse now. Even if I hadn't been able to get some traveling food, that would have been worth the effort of going to the village.

Anyways, I bought some food and was making my way out when I was finally recognized. A boy…man now I guess, my own age who I'd known from before I trained with Jyeir. Galin was the one person in the village who treated me with something more than indifference. Had it been a different place, we might have even been friends…or more than friends given what happened that one time.

Hahaha, you'll have to find my old journal if you want that story.

But as I was saying, he recognized me and caught up to me. Apparently he thought I was dead?! I was surprised by this until he explained that when I didn't come back after the two years I was supposed to be away, my mom had gone looking for me. Apparently she found the scene of my fight with Jyeir and seen the blood and broken horn. She was never much of a forester, so she followed the blood trail as best as she could, but I guess she didn't find me. With the amount of blood, it was fair to assume that I'd died. I should have died. Galin said she had kept looking for months, but eventually gave up. She moved to Iria in Parvpora shortly after, not wanting to be here in my dad's homeland alone.

So I started doing odd jobs, maybe hitting some people who needed to be hit, and saving every coin I could. Eventually I had enough for an airship ride to Iria…and now here I am in my mom's house, sitting on her guest bed writing in you. After getting here turns out my mom went back to her old life of doing mercenary work, and made a bit of a name for herself. Dagon Vasa, you've got coin? She's got a sword.

After we caught up, and yes before you ask Journal, I told her everything that happened with Jyeir, we talked for a little while. I am going to see the world. I spent the last three years alone or with someone who would betray me, now was a good time to put my skills to use and see the world. So that's what I am going to do. Now I've just got to decide where I'm going.

Until next time.

-Vasa Malati