Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Past and Future
Caius

Character Info
Name: Caius Amare
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: A Jewelry Maker
Silver: 400
The past is unable to be changed. It is the firm rock in time that does not bend to anyone. The future, however, is not set in stone. It is more like a thousand streams, each changing at the slightest of movements down a different path. I can see many of these twists and turns if I look. The visions are the ones that hit my mind on a whim. Visions of the most likely future. Since the future is not set, this likely path I see might change. Which is why I must be careful. Sometimes people hear about my visions and come to me for them, although it is a rare occurrence. So far this has only happened three times. I'm afraid it might happen more. I don't hate telling people what might happen. Especially if it helps them.

The problem is that once they know what might occur, they will try to improve upon it or overly focus on it. Where before, they wouldn't have known anything about the future. The result is a different path. A path that may be better or worse than the one they had previously. Or they focus so much on that path that it becomes certainty to happen. A self-fulfilled prophecy. These paths can be good. But I have known some where they have turned out miserable because I mentioned it. But…I think I figured out a solution. I still want to help them.

I need to make the vision vague enough so that they don't obsess or switch to a new future accidentally. I've been reading up on symbols and poems recently. My plan is to send out the themes of what may happen through symbols and unexplained terms that they can interpret. Any visions I come across in the future, I'm going to write them down. Even if it is just a dream vision or a daydream vision about nothing.

I would like to see the world how it is. Not how I want it to be.
Caius

Character Info
On the day full of love
Gifts are gathered at the edge of the water
A hopeful soul praying to above
Waiting at the river is the lion's daughter

Hands roughed from hard work
Heart filled with passionate desire
Confidence displayed in her little smirk
Her love burning like a fire

A shadow caste upon her treasure
Danger lurking in the dark
Losing her confident composure
Fighting the enemies and leaving a mark

The many rats gathering around
Almost hundreds of enemies to fight
Poison in her blood to take her down
The lion daughter's skin becoming white

The valuables were taken and pride destroyed
Her love traveled to the place to meet
But instead of being overjoyed
He saw his beloved fallen at his feet

When his love awoke
She apologized for letting the rats go
Not a word he spoke
He held her and let his words flow

"You are the most valuable of all,
Forget those jewels and trinkets,
Never apologize for your fall,
Your heart is all I needed."

The lion's daughter survived
And soon became a warrior
Her family grew and thrived
The rats were never sorrier

Caius

Character Info
This next one is going to be a little different. I'm going to write down what I said but I will also write down what I saw. I realize that there might be important details for me to remember just in case. Protecting the future is crucial, but I had forgotten about the past. To hide the fact that I am coming up with these poems, I need to make sure that the past visions also have a poem to describe it. If a small piece of information about the past can help someone in the present then I want to be able to help them. So, I will write down all the past visions while explaining what I saw. This way there won't be any tiny bits left behind. 

The fiery wings spreading across the horizon,
Two birds having to make a painful sacrifice,
Searching for a form to put their child in,
The bright flames travel across the blue-skies,

A new form with hands and feet,
Her abilities locked and hidden away,
Having her saved became bittersweet,
The two birds tried to keep sadness at bay,

The birds wanted to stay with her,
But to keep would birth regret,
The sweet moments became a blur,
Her little face they won’t forget,

Abandoning her at the door,
Worse than ripping off a limb,
Away they had to soar,
Leaving their faces forever grim.

In this vision, I saw more than I described. The birds were fiery phoenixes. They both were flying through the bright bly sky searching for a way to save their baby. The baby was in danger, although I didn't see how she was, and so the parents were working to find a solution. The next thing I saw was a soul being bound into the form of a baby elf. Any special abilities the baby would have was locked away. The parents stayed up all night discussing what to do. Eventually, both of them agreed to give the baby to an elf to raise so she would avoid knowing about her abilities.

If the girl knew about her abilities, she might be filled with eternal regret. She was picked up by her mother's gentle claws and flown off to the doorstep of an elf. They rung the doorbell then hid, making sure that their baby was found. Once she was found both the birds flew away. I could feel every sorrow, worry, and emotion that the birds felt. I wanted to change the past and try to find another way but the past is set. No matter how much I try, I cannot change the past. I can only see it.