Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Lady Aigumo, spin me a tale [R?]
Gumo no Aijin

Character Info
Name: Gumo no Aijin
Alignment: TE
Race: Aranea (shapeshifting spider)
Class: Illusionist charmer
Silver: 106
Lady Gumo, Lady Gumo, tell me now. Is it truly a cage that you sow?
Or do you spin for me a gown so soft, a garment that shall make me feel aloft?
Your touch so smooth, your love oh so soothe,
my mind is without worry. Without care. I'm not sorry.
If I meet my end here, then let it be in your arms.

Lady Aigumo hums a playful tune while she continues spinning. The tarsussi that grow from her feet nimbly spin the silk from her spinnerets around themselves, while her clawed fingers take the silk one thread at a time and continue to weave the coccoon around the young bard. The lad looks at her with adoration and pure devotion, completely unaware of the predicament he was in. Humans were often feebleminded, but even they broke out of her charm once they found out that she was no normal woman.

The bard whose name she had already forgotten doesn't, though. He just looks at her human face, almost as if he were completely unaware of the spider-like feet that were weaving more and more silk for his burial shroud. He doesn't seem to notice the spider legs that sticked out of her back and supported her while her legs were busy. No, he was completely charmed to a point where all those details just passed by him unnoticed. He probably wouldn't snap out of it before the painful part.

Lady Gumo, Lady Gumo, tell me please. Won't you grant me release?
Not from your embrace, Gods no! But from this aching in my heart, which longs so.
For your music, for your kiss. For your affection. For you, my miss.
I long for you, my Lady, my muse. For your everything, for the alluring beauty you use.
If I were to die today, let me die with you, if I may.

Lady Aigumo picks up one of her little spider babies before it could crawl up on the bards face. It was too eager, too hungry. It shouldn't dig in quite yet, not while their prey wasn't fully constrained. Not that he would break loose, his bindings were too strong for that. But he was yet to be gagged, the voice that was his livelyhood was still to be silenced. And they wouldn't want their dinner to be disturbed by worried bystanders, now would they? Lady Aigumo pets the little spider and puts it back on the floor.

Still humming her alluring tune, she looks back at the love-struck bard. One of her hands softly touches the side of his face, and he closes his eyes in extacy. The lad had been so confident, such a ladies man. He had laughed and played his lute with such swagger while buying rounds for all the bar wenches and single ladies. But when she hummed her alluring tune from the confinements of the little shack she had claimed as her own, he had sought her out and played his lute for her. First he merely tried to woo her with his tunes, but then her charming magic began to do its thing. The more he focussed on her humming so that his lute would align, the further he fell in a dreamlike state of adoration. The longer he didn't realise how strange the situation was, the more her webs entangled his thoughts until they could move no more.

Lady Gumo, Lady Gumo, tell me if you can? Is there another, or am I your only man?
Are you true, are you pure? Do you flirt with anyone, are you sure?
Please tell me, please do. Tell me I'm the only man for you.
And I shall change, I'm honest to my core. You shall be my bride, forevermore.
So tell me you love me too, and no woman shall ever draw my gaze. None but you, my saving grace.

Lady Aigumo smiles and hums the last few tones of her tune. The bard was somewhat amusing, at least for the insect that he was. Certainly more entertaining than her regular prey. But then again, he was an entertainer and they were unconscious. So it wasn't that hard. With a smile she presents the silken rag she was weaving, and the bard tells her that it looks wonderful. She lied that she was glad to hear it, and placed it over his head. With a few more stitches it covered his face completely. Even now, the bard remained still and didn't panic. He only told her with a muffled voice that he was having trouble breathing, and how he lamented not being able to see her face.

His breath grows ragged and warm as she brings her face close to his. He shivers as her nose softly brushes past his neck, and he doesn't resist. He moans as she presses a soft kiss onto his neck, right on top of his artery. He doesn't even realise the situation he's in, until her stinger pierces through his skin. He tenses up and tries to call out for help with his muffled voice, but he cannot produce more than a mere whisper. The paralysing poison flows through his system and takes his consciousness from him. Lady Aigumo smiles, relieved that he was finally quiet. Now they just had to let him be for a few minutes while his stress and adrenaline left his body, tense flesh tasted awful after all, and then her babies could eat. The spiders all began climbing over him, taking their places but not yet digging in. They wouldn't until she'd allow it, until she had taken the first bite.

Standing on her two human feet again and allowing the spider legs to retract back into her body, she looks at her latest prey and at the lute that he had brought into her shack. She picks it up and studies it. It did produce a lovely tune when the bard played it, one that complimented her own. And if this babboon could do that, she could certainly produce a much better result. Yes, maybe she would practice playing this instrument for a while. It was easier than trying to fence it off for silver, or leaving it somewhere to be found.

With her human hands, the talons that she had once again returned to lovely fingernails, Lady Aigumo plinks the lute a few times. The result wasn't pretty, incoherent as it was. But then again, she had never played this instrument before, so it was to be expected. She was certain that she'd learn how to play it in no time. And once she did, it would carry her allure further than her voice could.

Lady Aigumo places the lute back down again and turns to the bard. His flesh should be clean again, and ready to be eaten. She smiles candid for the first time since the bard had entered her shack, and opens her fanged mouth.

-Hobbies of Lady Aigumo: the Lute.

Give me a kiss. Don't worry, it will only sting a bit.
Gumo no Aijin

Character Info
"Oh, this place is just wonderful! I cannot believe that this is the same house that we called a swinery just last week. You're a very lucky man, Bernard, to have found yourself such a lovely and caring woman." The old lady says, patting Bernard's hand. "Miss Aigumo, I simply love what you've done with the place! It's so clean and vibrant!"

"Aw, thank you so much, Lady Serrte. But I don't deserve your kindness, I merely swept the place and dusted it off. It was nothing, really." Lady Aigumo says, feigning a blush.

"No, no. Lady Serrte speaks true!" The other middleaged woman says, placing her cup of tea back down and waving at the room as if she was presenting a miracle. "This house has deteriorated into a pitiful state in Bernard's care, or rather the lack of care. Just a broom wouldn't have saved the place. You must've worked real hard to tidy it up in such a short amount of time!"

"Indeed. I probably would've needed a whole week to do it! And that's not including the time I'd have to spend dating this lug!" Lady Serrte says, nodding at Bernard. he looks at her with glazed over eyes and nods sullenly, as if his mind wasn't even present. Which was the case.

"Truly, you embarrass me with your words, Lady Carae, Lady Serrte." Lady Aigumo says. She sits down next to Bernard and softly strokes his chin with one hand. Bernard moves along with her touch, like a puppy almost. But once she lets go, his head turns back to its previous position of staring ahead emptily. Neither lady seems to notice his strange behaviour though, they were both too focussed on his new and lovely girlfriend.

"Oh, how unfortunate that Bernard meets you exactly now, when his parents are off to the capital! I'm certain that his mother would have positively adored you! She was so worried that he'd never find himself a wife, not with his rude manners and his lack of self-care! But look at him now! Dressed well and I haven't heard a single inappropriate joke from him yet! You truly are a miracle worker!"

"Indeed! What's your secret? If I can do even half this much with my husband, he would be perfect!"

"No secret, I'm afraid. He just decided to change for me, to better himself." Lady Aigumo says and the two ladies awe. They both look over at Bernard for a moment but clearly don't care to see anything beyond than what they want to see.

"Now, pardon me if this seems too sudden but I have to ask. Are you planning for children?"

"Gracious, Mary! They've been together for less than three days! Surely even you understand that it's much too soon for that kind of talk?"

"Oh, shush you. Miss Aigumo is still young and lovely, but that doesn't mean she might be longing for it. And one doesn't just move in and do this much work if it's not a serious relationship. So tell me, what about it?"

"I have to agree with Lady Carae, it is much too soon. Bernard and I haven't even discussed it yet, not engaged on anything that could result in it. But for the future? Maybe."

"Ohoho! Maybe? You know what that means."

"I know what you think it means, Mary. But lay off, lest you scare her away with your prying. I apologise on her behalf, Miss Aigumo. You're right, it's way too soon to speak of such things. You haven't even met his parents yet."

"That's true, I suppose. It wouldn't be right to be thinking of such things without the permission and blessing of his father, and yours for that matter."

The two ladies continue talking, and Lady Aigumo continues to nod politely and keep up appearances. As human women tend to do, they continue gossiping and discussing all their self-obsessed interests for almost an hour before they excuse themselves. All the while Bernard doesn't move much and just sits there with them. His eyes are getting a bit more alert however, as the poison slowly clears from his mind.

"Oh, it has been a delight meeting you, Miss Aigumo! But I must leave for now."

"Indeed, it's getting late. I should head off too." Lady Carae says as they both get up. Lady Aigumo gets up and tactically positions herself between them and Bernard while they walk to the door. When Lady Carae tries to open it however, it won't budge.

"I'm sorry, but that door is jammed a bit. It would be better if you'd leave through the garden door, same as how you came in." Lady Aigumo says. "Bernard already promised me he'd fix it first thing tomorrow, though."

"Nonsense, I can open it." Lady Carae says and tries to open the door with more force. It doesn't budge, nor does Lady Aigumo worry that the woman might succeed. The spider webs that were woven on the other side of that door would keep it closed with more force than a human could hope to produce.

After a few more attempts, the ladies agree that they should take the garden exit. Lady Aigumo thanks them once again for their visit and sees them out, sighing in relief when they're finally gone. Annoying wenches.

Bernard looks at her with a somewhat panicked look as she comes back in. The poison was all but gone from his system, so those gossip vultures had left just in time. Bernard tries to scream, but doesn't produce more than a murmle. The spider webs spun between his teeth made it impossible for him to move his jaw, similar to how the spider silk gown that he was wearing tied him to the chair he was sitting on and the table right in front of him.

Ignoring her helpless 'husband', Lady Aigumo sits down and begins to knit again. This little talisman would look great on that wall over there, and could cover up the hole she'd make in it for her spider babies to crawl through. She shows it to her hubby and he mumbles something incoherently.

"Yes, I think it came out great too. Now, I think it's back for you to go back to sleep."

Lady Aigumo licks her lips and her tongue turns into a stinger. Bernard tries to break free and mumbles something panicked, but his attempts didn't matter. None could hear him and he couldn't escape. Not when she had already eaten him up from his toes to his knees. She wondered if he knew that, considering she did numb the pain with some local paralysing venom before feasting. Well, it didn't matter. He was just an insect to her anyway, his opinion didn't matter.

-Hobbies of Lady Aigumo: Home decoration

Gumo no Aijin

Character Info
"Oh, this is just the cutest shop! We should most definately get something here. Pretty please?"

"I don't know. Do we really need any of these things?"

Lady Aigumo smiles at the young couple that walks into her store. The girl looks absolutely woo'ed by the talismans, tapestries and ornamental carpets that are on display, while the man seems more reluctant to get anything that doesn't have some practical function in the house.

As they browse through her wares, the girl becomes more and more jittery as she finds so many little and cute things that she wants and should definately have. There were woven talismans that warded off bad spirits or increased the health of infants. There were little rugs with some fine patterns that could be placed on a table or cabinet and banners that would liven up any room.

As they ask for the prices of the wares, the boy grows more accomodating as he hears the low prices. The items were useless and their value only in how they'd break the monotony of their house, but he knew that his girl would get them one way or another. If it was cheap here, he'd rather avoid having to buy it for more at a later store at a later time.

Lady Aigumo smiles politely and tells them tales, stories behind the weavings that they browse. She laughs adoring and compliments them true, telling them how much nicer their homestead will become with these little ornaments. With her charm and their desire, the girl ends up buying three items while the boy ends up paying the bill.

And they left, to return once more.

"Hm, the stitching is good at least."

"Indeed, my lady. I have been told that Lady Aigumo here only uses the best threads, the softest of silk to avoid even the most gentle of skin such as yours to be annoyed by the seams. And she takes commissions, so you won't have to wear this tacky cloth."

The old hag looks at the kimono and her bony fingers rub over the seams to feel how soft is really was. She rubbed and rubbed again, and her cloven fingernails almost get stuck in the fragile stitching. Lady Aigumo's lip twitches but she remains silent. Both she and this noblewoman's servant remain silent, waiting for this stuck-up hag to come to a decision.

"Well, of course she'll have to take this on commission. That speaks for itself. You cannot possibly expect me to wear something with such poor dying and a thread count so low. Have Jeoffrey's from the capital send a long bolt of his finest cloth with the flower pedal motive, and Hendries shall take my measurements. This girl can do the seams, but that's it. I wouldn't trust her with anything else, looking at the quality of this commoner's garb."

Lady Aigumo smiles her most customer-friendly smile while the servant sighs warily. As much as Lady Aigumo wasn't contesting this disrespect to all tailors, Jeoffrey's and Hendries wouldn't be so easy. And as usual, it was up to him to make sure it happened as his lady wished, though. With her calm and her politeness, the noblewoman ended up commissioning her, while her servant worked out the details.

Lady Aigumo smiles at the servant, who blushes under her kindness. She whispered her condolances for having to put up with this hag, and hinted that she'd like to see him again. Perhaps he'd be the one to pick up the dress, once it was done?

The lady left, to return nevermore. The cloth arrived a few days later as promised, as did the measurements for the hag's body. The servant never did, however.

The town guard came by a few days later, asking Lady Aigumo for his whereabouts. She smiled and said she didn't know, the servant had never entered her shop a second time, or so she said. She smiled and lied, knowing that none could hear the servant boy's desperate murmurs from the basement.

"Oh my, you are absolutely a master artisan!"

"No, no. Such praise is too much for me. I'm not as talented as a master, I'm just lucky to have good materials to work with."

"But then, why would you buy from me? Certainly my weaving isn't even near the quality of your work." The spinster says. "Yours is so fine and so smooth, while mine is rough and bruised."

"Nonsense, my lady, my new friend. Your cloth is without flaws in its stitching. You are truly more gifted than me, spinning this quality from cotton where I make mine from silk." Lady Aigumo says. "My silk is running dry and has to be sold cheap, I'm barely making enough profit for my own upkeep. I need cheaper cloth but to maintain my quality promised, and none other than you can deliver such."

"Oh well, you flatter me so. I'm not sure if I'm truly that amazing, though. But you pay me more than most, and your rates are fair. I shall deliver your orders in the bulk that you ask. I'm glad to make your acquaintance, and for your patronage. I shan't let you down, my Lady, and I'll deliver true. I hope we'll do business many times, and pray for your success."

Lady Aigumo nods and the spinster left. She would return many more times, carrying rolls of cloth. She'd leave the shop every time, even if none would notice if she'd disappear. Her cloth joined the silk, creating a cheaper product to make the silk more dear.

"I say I say. This quality is quite outstanding, for its price. And you are honest that those are truly your rates?"

Lady Aigumo nods, and the merchant's eyes sparkle. She could read his thoughts, clearly as day, his expectancy of profit if he were to sell this fine silk anywhere else. He thought of her as a fool, a naïve girl to use as a tool. She sold her wares in such a small town without wealth, where the market was quickly saturated and the prices dropping just as quick. He thought of her as unknowing, unaware of the high rates for her work just outside her little pool of customers.

"So, how many of these products can you sell me, fair maiden? Ten? Twenty?"

"I have a whole box in the back, waiting for more room to be displayed. A hundred pieces or so, from how far I can count."

The merchant's breath eluded him, and there was pure gold in his eyes. But his mind forced his mouth to smile in a devious way, and his merchant ways returned. "Ah, that is quite impressive for a store as small as yours. But surely you know that products become cheaper when you sell them in bulk? Let's say, by 30%?"

"30%? That's surely too little to pay me, kind sir. I have to make a living too, I fear. I can lower the price by 10% at most, but would be making a loss on anything less."

"Just ten percent? That's taking quite the profit out of my earnings, but I understand your situation." The merchant lies. "Could you go to 15% by any chance? And I should probably see this box for myself, so that I may properly gage the wares. I don't accuse you of misleading me, my lady, but what if the items on display are your best works?"

"Of course, kind sir. Please, follow me. I shall show you that all my work is of the high quality that you see here." Lady Aigumo says, and she smiles politely. The merchant follows her into the back room to see this treasure trove of cheap woven silk that he had stumbled upon.

He would never find it, and he would never come back out. A hooded figure that could've been the merchant was later seen, riding his horse and carriage out of town. But he never returned, nor did his business.

Lady Aigumo's shop attracted many such customers in the few months that she was around, and she wove many such tales of customers both satisfied and overjoyed. It was not for long before people would start to notice the disappearances, though. Always men, and often ones that wouldn't be missed. But the disappearances piled up, and were soon too many to be coincidences.

Before the people's suspicion turned to Lady Aigumo though, she met a tragic fate. Her house burned down shop and all, a fire that spread quick and hot with all the flammable silk that she kept around. The people found her burned body, charred beyond recognition, in the smoldering ruins the next day. Along with eight others. They knew not who these bodies belonged to, nor did they make the connection with the nine men that had gone missing.

Too many of them were considered missing and too many had left, only two were truly declared abducted or killed. And without any clues and any further disappearances, their cases soon faded from the town's memory. Lady Aigumo's little shop would be remembered fondly, her silken stitching and talismans kept as treasures by the lucky few to have bought from her in time. 

-Hobbies of Lady Aigumo: Weaving and spinning.