Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > The journal of exile
Eriator

Character Info
Name: Omorgal
Alignment: TN
Race: Dragonborn
Class: Mage
Silver: 1066
–day 1 of exile–
I don't know exactly what to write at the moment but I need to tell what happened. I'm not going to meet someone else anytime soon so some ink, a quill and paper will have to do. They've banished me. I knew I would suffer the consequences of my actions, but this is more than I expected. Sure, I expected to be an outcast once they found out. I could have lived with that. It's not like my magic wouldn't stayed quiet if I hadn't tried to get better at it. And sure, I knew they would throw the worst abuse they had at me once they found out I was learning from a human. But I didn't expect them to go this far. They see my actions as betrayal and heresy of the worst kind. But I expected them to still see me as a dragonborn and thus as one of their own. Obviously not though. I'm banished and can't return. I suppose I should defend my actions here, but I stand by them and that's all you should know for the moment. Later, when I've had more time to regret what I did I will try but right now the only thing that's keeping me going is the thought that I did the right thing. And I did.

Let's look at my situation at the moment. My friends back at the village were so thoughtful to give me a few things before they kicked me out and told me to never return. Right now I have:
  • Food and water for half a week. (Maybe a week if a stretch it.)
  • This journal and something to write with. (Clearly, how else would I be able to write this?)
  • The clothes on my back. (Luckily my old friends were at least decent enough not to send me away naked.)
  • My wand. (Luckily I managed to hide it though I'm sure my old friends would've kept it safe in three pieces in a campfire.)
The food might become a problem, I'm not worried about water. I'm pretty sure I will come across some stream somewhere. Right now I have to get out of here. If the locals find me they will kill me and they won't even bother to ask questions later. However, I have no idea where to go and how long it will take to get were I have to go. That's a problem. That's also were the food might become a problem. If I'm lucky I will get where I have to be before it runs out. With my luck however I will starve before I even know were to go. This is were my wand may come in handy. Sure, I am no hunter but that hermit did teach me a spell or two that could get me some meat, hopefully. Guess the best thing I could do right now is pick some general direction and go that way. Wish me luck!
Eriator

Character Info
Name: Omorgal
Alignment: TN
Race: Dragonborn
Class: Mage
Silver: 1066
–day 2 of exile–I've just gone through my first night exiled and now I'm making my first breakfast exiled. Somehow this feels like enough of an achievement to write down. It's not much of a breakfast of course. Just some old bread with salt and a bit of water but it feels like a feast to me. A small feast of course, I need to save my supplies. My friends back at the village really gave me only the least they could get away with. Speaking of them (or writing actually), I think I'm better of without them. This is of course an age old thing said by countless lovers whose hearts were broken and I must be careful not to make the same mistakes they did but I really think so. My old home was a backward place fearful of chance and anything human because we have been killing each other off since the beginning of time. It wasn't my place, not with my magic. Like I said yesterday, my magic wasn't going to keep quiet and my life there would have difficult in the best of times.I guess it's time to eat the bread, drink the water and get on my way again. Like I said, I don't have a lot of supplies and I need to get were I need to be before they run out. I'm going east, to the morning were the sun rises, to see if I can find that place.–day 3 of exile–I'm making breakfast again so I guess I should write in this journal as well. My breakfast today is not much different from yesterday only today I've decided to treat myself with a tiny bit of salted meat. Today, I've decided, I'm going to try to hunt and I need the energy. I don't what my chances are, I'm no hunter, I've never hunted and I have no illusions that hunting is easy. On the other hand, I have my wand and my magic and that has to be worth something. And if I manage to add some meat to my supplies that would increase my survival chances enormously. I've got to be realistic, I'm eating more than I had foreseen. Walking all day is costing me a lot of energy. I had expected that my supplies would have lasted a week or so, maybe even more but right now I'm already halfway through them. This means that today I simply can't fail. I got to catch something otherwise I'll starve. Guess the longer I wait the smaller my chances of actually catching something. Wish me luck!