Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Mika Karasu’s Journel
Mika_Karasu

Character Info
Name: Mika Karasu
Alignment: TN
Race: Neko
Class: Cashier
Silver: 41
Day 1

I have used some money to buy myself a journal to write in. It’s fun to do when my mother is sleeping and there is nothing else for me to do at home.

Work time is over and I bought back two small turkey for dinner. I also have earned much money, more than usual. Mother will be happy.

Mother’s still ill but she become better everyday. She doesn’t sleep for the whole day anymore and is looking healthier than ever. Mother still looks beautiful even when her skin is sickly pale and her hair is dry. 

My friends are going to be picking some blue berries so I will be leaving in some time. I could use the blue berries to make jelly to put more flavor to the dry bread Mother and I eat for breakfast. 

It is almost time to leave for berry picking and time to stop writing.
Mika_Karasu

Character Info
Day 7

I have been working hard to help Mother become well. I do not know what has happened but she has suddenly begun to be even more sick. I hope that she would become well.

I will have to stop writing to cut the bread to feed it Mother. She doesn’t seem to want to eat anymore and keeps throwing up food when I feed her big bites. Smaller bites get through and she rests well again.

Mother tells me not to worry, but can I not when she is sick and… dying… My friends tell me to stay away from my mother as I might get the sickness, but I can not leave Mother to take care of herself alone. I… I hope she become well again.

My friends came over to home to help to take care of my mother. She is too sick to be healed by simple medicine that I can buy with a 7 day worth of working. I will need to find work somewhere else.
Mika_Karasu

Character Info
Day 14

I have decided to look for better work in the land of Canelux. I have heard that it is a good place and I will earn good money from it. Then, Mother will be well again.

I have decided to work for today and collect the money so I can leave a seven day worth of pay for my friends to use to care take of Mother. It will be enough for three full meals everyday for seven days, even if I will not be there to hunt for food for dinner. Although, Mother will only be getting two meals so that if I do not return in seven days, she will still have enough money to last longer than that.

I have given my friends a present: a large turkey that I had caught. They will have a full and well dinner with their families. My friends are sad to see me leave but they wish me good luck and a happy time at Canelux. Mother is asleep and does not know that I will be leaving. It’s okay. She will live.
Mika_Karasu

Character Info
Day 14

I will be leaving very very soon. I have packed what I will need, along with my journal and quill. I still have enough ink but might need to buy more so I can keep writing. Mother has woken up and told me good luck and good bye. I wish that she would stop looking so sad and tired.

My friends have told me that the way to Canelux is very long and will take at least three days to get there. My mother cannot survive for that long and my friends are able to see my panic. They tell me that they can spare a few hours of extra work to get able to give Mother at least two meals every day for three months. I am very thankful for my great friends, that they are so kind.

I have just left home and will not be back for at least a month. I hope that I find good work. My pockets are full of money that I have gotten from my friends and some I have gotten from trading my black cloak. I will miss up cloak but I have another one, a green one, that my father used to wear. It is warm.

I have set camp for the day. It is almost dark and I have heard that many dangerous creatures roam the forest during this time. I hope that I stay safe.

I have just woken up from a dream. I do not remember much of it but there was a unfamiliar man in Mother’s bed. Mother is there too and Father looks angry. He stomps out of the room and the next day, Father, Brother and Sister are gone. The unfamiliar man is gone too and Mother is crying.

I have just heard something. I feel scared but writing in this journal makes me feel safe.

Thre isa somthanh heere in tis forst. Escpe. Nedd toh esape.

Mika_Karasu

Character Info
Day 15

After the attack, I ran away from camp. It was a large dog with red fur and a black mane. It had yellow eyes and bloody teeth. It attacked me just before I fell asleep. If I was no awake, I might not been able to get away before it killed me. 

Mika_Karasu

Character Info
Day 16

I am very quickly running out of ink. I might not be able to write more. Yesterday, I wrote only about the creature to save the ink for the next days until I am able to get some more.

{There is small droplets of blood and dirt.}
I am very lucky. Very, very lucky. I have meet a young traveler who had some ink with them. I buyed much of the ink he had for some silver and by trading food. He seemed happy about the food but then left. He is going the opposite way of where I am going. Maybe he is going to my home. 

I think I have found something good. I think it is bontruffle. I will write some information about it for the future.

Bontruffle:
Look: A small green mushroom with green dots.
Use: I do not know yet but I will take some just in case.
Found in: Forest near home

I will still need to go back where I left camp. I do not think the creature will be there as I am long gone from it now. I will need to collect my tent, backpack and the other things I have left behind.
Mika_Karasu

Character Info
Day 16

I have found my camp. My things are still there but they are scattered. I think the creature was looking for something to eat. I am glad it did not eat me. 

My tent is somehow ripped but it is still usable. I will only need it for a few more days and when I get to Canelux, I will be able to get it fixed. My map is completely tattered. It is ripped to shreds. There is no way to fix it and I do not want to go home with less than what I went with. I will carry on.

The day is almost to an end. I will have to rest again and hope that I am going the right way. I do not want to go home yet. Not until I have enough money get the best treatment for Mother.

Good night.
Mika_Karasu

Character Info
Day 17

I have just gotten up. It is early in the morning and I can hear the many birds singing. They are beautiful singers and very pretty. They are most of all, free. I wish I was free, free from having to work. It is not bad working but it is not the most fun. I am going to be packing up my things and getting ready to move again. I do not know where to go but I feel that I should go north. My instincts are usually right.

It is around noon now. There is a small lake that I can get water from and store in my canteen. I would not be able to catch any fish as I don’t have a net or a fishing pole. There seems to be a deer coming here. It is drinking the water and seems to be distracted. This is my time to hunt.