Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Out of the Woodwork
ILoveIcees

Character Info
Name: Elowen
Alignment: TG
Race: Fae (Dryad)
Class: Herbalist
Silver: 20
My people are not known for straying far from our birth regions. Dryads tend to stay near the tree from which they grew. We are connected to them by our life-force, destined to live and die with the tree. So, we remain in a single place for all our lives. But that life seems so… unappealing. I don't want to stay in my home forest, where I'm just another fragile nymph. Rather, I'd like to travel, meet other species, experience adventure and romance and everything that my people consider to be too dangerous for our vulnerable bodies. 
 No one tried to stop me when I set out to explore, though I can't blame them; Dryads aren't particularly close to one another, which means many of us live in solitude. That's not for me. I'm going to make friends, enemies, and everything in between, because I want to be known. Truly, I'm not worried about what happens to me while I journey. Death is an inevitability, but when I die, I want to have lived a memorable life. And, I suppose I'd like people to remember me. Recently, I met an old sorcerer while wandering through the forest. He was kind and introduced me to what he called "alchemy". The process was extraordinary; he simply added a few ingredients to river water and imbued it with magic, creating a glistening potion of healing. I've been practicing on my own since we parted ways, but I think it might do me good to have a book on the subject… Finding one should not prove to be too difficult. Other than continuing to practice alchemy, I don't have a plan for how I'll get by, though I'm sure I'll manage. After all, with the endless possibilities this world has to offer, who's to say I won't find my own way?
~Elowen