Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Mysterious Leather Bound Tome, Narshe's Catalog of Adventures
Narshe

Character Info
Name: Narshe Delvar
Alignment: CN
Race: 1/2 Human, 1/2 Beastfolk, Fox breed
Class: Chained Geocide
Silver: 191
Unknown day, unknown time

I am Narshe Delvar and this is a journal to keep mention of events of note and to catalog my new adventures in a new land. 

It has been a long time coming. A truly momentous time since I last journaled anything. There are large gaps in my memories, as if I were sleeping, and everything I experienced was but a dream. I was randomly given a rather large leather bound tome, a proper spine line one would see in a library that could afford more than just leather chord to bind the spine. It looked weather worn and likely seen its fair share of vistas and environments that one could only dream of. The man who gave this leather bound tome to me was a cripple, someone who could barely stand on his own two legs, let alone carry what looked to be a book a thousand pages thick. The first half of this journal had writings in a language I had never seen, the second half left blank, untouched to the pen. What is most disturbing about this tome is that there is some sort of magicks that emanate from these pages. The leather looks as old as time itself and the written pages yellowed and the ink faded but the newer parchment looked as if it were newly pressed. It was incredibly disturbing, like looking at the other side of an otherwise bright and shiny coin to find that the other side was dirty and scraped from years of being dragged across something. The old man never said anything and literally pushed the tome into my body with the strength of a dozen oxen. It winded me! Battled hardened and near the pinnacle of peak physical condition! After pushing the burden onto me, I turned around and saw that he had disappeared. It was an incredibly surreal moment. Even as I'm writing this first journal entry down a few months later, I still think back to that mysterious old man.

The ship that I am on is swaying to and fro. The sea undulating and taking its fury out on the ships that float atop it. That is why my penmanship may not be the best for this entry. I had to leave my homeland and was lucky enough to catch a merchant ship that seemed to be heading in a direction that I never thought of. We had stopped once already to resupply, buy, sell, and trade at a port that seemed to be the main hub for a chain of islands out here in the middle of the sea. I never asked the captain where this ship was going nor asked the crew anything about them or their trade routes, as this was a merchant ship. They normally don't carry passengers like myself but the saw that I was a battle veteran and would be a great bodyguard in case privateers decided they wanted the goods within this ship.

Day 22, midday
I had just finished fending off a ship that housed privateers disguised as fellow merchants. They were pretty obvious, even to me. The captain had called out to me since this was the first time that I would be used for what I was originally allowed onto the ship for. It did not even take me ten minutes to completely clear the other ship's deck of most of their crew before the privateer's captain gave up, knowing he was in way over his head. This ship's captain put the man into the brig at the very bottom of the ship, shackled up and behind a solid steel door that even I would have issue trying to break down. The merchant ship's crew saw what I did through the eyepieces that they kept to scout the high seas and realized what kind of veteran I was. I usually never leave people alive since the smell of blood stirs my inner beast more than I'd like but the merchant captain told me to at least spare the privateer's captain and first mate. Unfortunately the first mate decided he'd rather commit suicide than be captured but the captain proved to be a lot more level headed and pragmatic. I liked that kind of person so I wasn't really all that bothered by his capture.

I was continuously praised by the merchant crew when I came back aboard ship and even the captain gave me a little bonus due to how efficiently and quickly I dealt with the problem. Telling me he had never hired a bodyguard not even a 1/10 worth the skill I displayed, I was a little dismayed by where I was going. Was the bar for battle set that low where I'm going? It is incredibly hard to get rid of my rather competitive personality and drive but there was a part deep in me that was incredibly grateful that the level of skill may be a lot lower than what I was used to. Even though there are gaps in my memory, deep down in a place I thought long forgotten, there was a desire for a more peaceful life. The image of a dragon popped into my mind, surprising me. Who was this dragon and why did she seem totally familiar to me? I still have a lot of questions about myself that I don't know but I will not think on them too hard. I want to look forward to the future, not brood on the past.

Day 30, early morning
I had a long chat with Daerius, the privateer captain we captured. The merchants were treating him rather well for a man that wanted to kill everyone on this ship. We got to talking about a number of things: from wenches and mead to past battles. Daerius was ever surprised by the feats I performed in battle and the war fields that I've traversed. I never really fought on water before so he also explained to me just how tough it can be to swashbuckle on the high seas, praising my natural talent at such a thing. I was becoming fond of this old fox. He had been privateering for over twenty years, telling me all of his exploits and all of the women he has bed. He had quite a number of tales to tell! There was an incredible amount of information I was also able to learn about the new lands that I was heading towards as well. I am now excited for my newfound destination! There were even a number of places that Daerius told me that I just HAD to visit. Seeing as we were more similar in tastes to women, mead, and the thrill of adventure, I definitely am taking up on his word and checking everything out.

Kingdom of Adeluna
-Adeluna City
-The Winking Mermaid (the name sounds very appealing, Daerius noted wenches and mead are among the best on the continent of Canelux
-Ancense Ruins (sounds intriguing, exploring the depths of a lost civilization, something I thoroughly enjoy!)

These were the most notable things Daerius talked of. Most sounded fantastic and though I found it odd a privateer talked of ruins in the mountains as if he explored them personally, there was little doubt that he at one point in his life tried to plunder the ruins for anything of worth. I'm far more curious about the history behind it but I will have to wait and do research of my own before I even attempt to explore those ruins.

Day 45, midday
The sun was high in the sky when I heard the sound of the crew crying out land. It seems that my journey on this ship is coming to an end. But my exploration and adventure is only just beginning. We are stopping in the Kingdom of Adeluna, at the port to Adeluna City, which excited me more than I've been in a very long time. I am just hoping that I will not stick out a lot. Every person on this ship were human but they did not have any issues with my fox ears and tail that were hard to hide within my weather worn travel cloak. Most thought it was quite exotic and talked about large expanses of sand with dunes as high as mountains where a lot of people who looked similar to me were. Maybe that is where a part of my heritage originated?

Arri, The Desert Rose

It seems that these lands filled with the exotic and unknown excited a lot of the merchants who have always been on the sea. Another destination that I will have to check out some day.

The ship is setting up at port and the merchants are getting ready to unload their goods. I have come to the end of my journey on this interesting merchant ship but my adventures have only just begun.

It feels like I have never been more excited to seek out adventure in these new lands, a new world. Everything just feels…right, like I have made the right decision to leave my homelands and seek out the new and unknown to me.

I have arrived in Canelux. I wonder if I'll make a name for myself here. The crew is here to tell me I need to unboard. It is time to go!

"There comes a time, when you just have to move on. There comes a time, to let go of the past and look to the future. There comes a time, when you have to wake up from the dream. Wake up, and move forward. Become an adventurer in another land. Leave your past at the threshold and make a name for yourself again."
– Narshe, to himself