Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Luna's fall
Miri Luna

Character Info
Name: Mirizuki Sukiyaki Luna
Alignment: CG
Race: Luna snow elf
Class: Cryomancer
Silver: 219
"Last Luna scout that passed had a letter from the south. It spoke of drakes waking and ravaging the towns…. We wrote it off as a rumor and continued patrol, the cities around us lit up like torches last night as the moon rose… The drakes had reached Luna Kingdom in a matter of hours. The captain and king both are in the war room… Planning…. Arguing…. The other guards are nervous and the people are panicked…. I joined the guard a month ago. I'm barely old enough to leave home but this is the safest kingdom so my family thought it was the best place for me…. Now the city has been singled out and I fear we will all die before they even land…. Princess Luna presented medals to us for our courage and spoke to us to keep our minds off the drakes…. I'm still trembling however…." -trainee Leroes.

I found this scroll tucked into the saddle of the horse I rode out on. The soldier who gave me the horse said it's owner died at the gates of the castle… I remember this boy… I knew him my whole life, he was my brother's best friend and very gentle and generous. There was little time to prepare and I didn't bother to choose the horse I used.. maybe I have some help from above… I need to rest however… The books are making me faint more often and the whispers get louder…. I wake up and apparently I do something terrible but I can't remember anything… Just black ice… Just wrath and hatred. After the first of these events I started freezing the book bag shut to keep it away from others… Before this reaches the end…. Before it leaves my hands… I fear what monster I will become… What monster the books attempt to turn me into…

An ice bound fate is worth it, as long as you're able to help others warm their own descent.