Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Strange happenings
Franklin

Character Info
Name: Franklin
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Eviscerator
Silver: 131
Franklin's Journal - First Entry

Something happened today. I was walking home from my workday in the quarry. The sun was setting and a strong wind was stirring up the dirt into a fine mist all around. Two men appeared in the swirling dust no more than fifteen paces in front of me. Within seconds of their appearance they both leapt at each other and began fighting, their heavy swords clanging together. I know nothing about the art of combat but these men seemed evenly matched. Their blows rained back and forth against each other. Swings and parries and counter-attacks were met with sharp clangs of steel on steel. Neither man seemed to hold advantage over the other. I watched with open amazement. I had never seen combat this closely. I kept my distance and they seemed to not notice me. Suddenly, as one man was lunging at the other, they disappeared. One moment they were there and then as if they had walked through an open doorway they were gone.  I walked to where they had been but I saw no evidence that they had ever been there.  I could not believe my eyes. Was I so tired from work that I had a hallucination? Was this just a dream and I would wake up and only have vague memories of it? This whole episode had happened so quickly and I was completely dumbstruck. I quickly turned in all directions trying to see if anyone else had been nearby and also seen what I had just witnessed. There was nobody else here.  I continued my walk home playing the scene over and over in my head. I had been mesmerized. I had been awestruck. I was so impressed that I could not forget it, even if it had been a day dream. 

Surely this means something. I will continue to ponder on it.

—SLICE AND DICE—
Franklin

Character Info
Name: Franklin
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Eviscerator
Silver: 131
Franklin’s Journal – Second Entry

IT HAPPENED AGAIN! I knew it would and I was waiting for it. My wife has been tormenting me because of my experience and my adamancy that I had not been hallucinating. Unfortunately, she will not believe me this time either, and she says that my mind is becoming addled and I am probably going mad. I don’t care. Something strange is happening with me and I fully intend to figure it out.

Today, while sitting and eating my lunch I heard a horse whinny somewhere in the distance behind me. It was strange because horses are fairly rare in this part of the world, I haven’t seen one in many months. I stood up and turned towards the sound and saw a lone horseman on the nearby rise. He was wearing a full set of armor and holding a long spear. He pointed it at me and let out a yell. A deafening roar rose from behind him as an entire army of mounted, armored, spear-wielding knights charged straight at me! I fell down in absolute terror and tried to scramble backwards to get away from them. As they reached me, they raised and pointed their spears forwards. I raised my hands to my face to try to protect myself and cringed, waiting for the impact. The heavy thumping of hooves thundered past me, ignoring me completely. I quickly spun around onto my hands and knees in the direction they charged but they were gone. They had disappeared. I spun around again, hoping to see the rider on the rise, but I was all alone, in complete silence except for the hard, rapid beat of my heart.

—SLICE AND DICE—