Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Kit's (Not So Secret) Journal
Xavier Kit

Character Info
Name: Xavier Kit
Alignment: CN
Race: Shape-Shifter
Class: Rogue/ Trickster
Silver: 244
At long last, the ship has finally docked on the Vilpamolan Coast. I'll have to admit, I never thought I would be happy to smell putrid city air, but I am. It took months of nothing but sea to get to the Pirate Haven and now at long last I can go looking for some ill-suited mischief. My legs still haven't realised that I'm on solid ground yet and shamefully I have almost fallen over half-a-dozen times already. My hair's also horribly matted from the salt air and I think if I don't get some good ale down me soon, I'll loose whatever I have left in my stomach.

Note to self: No more boats for the time being.

I've made refuge in a small inn a little way off of the docks, seems to be multiple issues going on all at once. On the way in I believe I saw someone trapped in a coffin (living of course) and a small bar fight. Nothing exciting enough to pique my interest though. I'm writing this in a small corner and watching the other patrons as I do. I'm hoping there will be someone in this town to share in some mischief making, and maybe a little travelling. Although maybe a few drinks and a card game would be a nice start to my wanderings here in Canelux
I've also realised far too late that I've left my arcane spell-book on the ship and it has already departed for the journey home. I believe I am going to have to make do with memory and find myself another. I have my knives but I feel rather naked without my ability to shape-shift, it is in my nature after all.
This new start is more than intriguing and if the first few hours after my arrival are anything to go by, my time here is most likely going to have its challenges. 
I suppose I've written all that there is to say for now. Perhaps I will have more to record soon. 

'Manners matter. Good looks are a bonus. Humour is a must'
Xavier Kit

Character Info
I took a walk through the Pirate's Haven this morning, I decided to familiarise myself with the new terrain. I have my land-legs back and I don't feel so nauseous anymore, which is a bonus. 
The whole Port is completely dependant on the docking yards, the fishing boats come back to shore early in the morning and the seagulls screeching woke me up. On my walk I found the the town has a distinct pattern, as all the main streets connect directly to the dock. There are a multitude of inns and taverns, by my count, at least two in every street. None of them so far have proven useful in finding anything of interest, despite the vast majority being quite seedy.      

On another note I finally managed to refill my tobacco pouch, the blend is native to the Vilpamolan Coast and is as muddy as the streets are. Unfortunately I believe I am acquiring a taste for the earthier blend, it is less aromatic (there is no flavoursome herbs included in the mix) but it has it's own charm.                                                               
My enjoyment of a particular native blend of tobacco is always a precursor to a long venture in the lands. I do not suppose I will be returning from where I came for a substantial amount of time. 

I'm thinking of travelling further inland soon, in pursuit of remaking my lost Spell-book. My pack of tarot also sustained an unfortunate amount of water damage on the voyage, they too will have to be replaced. Despite my location being in a port town, I have yet to see many adventurers and for the most part the entire area has a human population. I have yet to feel the need to shift my form though, good luck on my part as I still feel lacking in the strength to do so.
Despite the void of inactivity going on around here I think I may have caught wind of a task that entails a gem-thief hiding in the sewers under the Town. Not my first choice of a hide out but perhaps it will be an easy cure to the lethargic aura that has settled upon me. 

Xavier Kit

Character Info
As it turns out, the thieves of Pirates's Haven are of a lot higher calibre than I had expected. I pursued the bounty for the thief that I had caught wind of, hiding in the passages under the city. A petty jewel thief, who had managed to steal some very sentimental family heirlooms, or so I thought. In actuality I found that, first of all, the sewers under the town are not in fact sewers, but just passageways between buildings. And secondly that the jewel thief just so happened to be a very versed and very angry (albeit very short) professional.

It pains me to say that on this occasion, I took a lot more of a beating than usual. I did complete the task though, and my coin purse feels heavier for it. The woman fought with steel plated gloves and suffice to say she used them well.
After having my ribs thoroughly bruised and my backside handed to me, I eventually managed to knock the poor sap out. The chest of jewels was quite pleasant to carry. The thief, not so much.
I brought her up from the tunnels and dropped her off in a pig-sty in the cattle market for someone else to find. I suppose she will make off with the remains of her pride. Although I would not be surprised if she returns to seek payback (but I highly doubt it).

In slightly more cheerful news, with the bounty in my purse I was able to replace my damaged tarot deck. The spell-book is still a work in progress but I did find some interesting information while doing some networking in the dockyards. Apparently, the neighbouring country Parvpora is renowned for its magical prowess. The city of Iria is the crowning glory for the arts. Once I have finished exploring here, I can take an airship across. It may just be the perfect place to start re-collecting the arcane knowledge I lost from my Spell-Book.