Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > The Parvporian Knight
Foxal

Character Info
Name: Collin Wilson
Alignment: LG
Race: Human
Class: Fighter/Knight
Silver: 70
I am Collin Wilson, and well, a self proclaim knight really. 

I was born in the City of Wyllochvar, and in the city knights, soldiers, even swordsman are looked down upon and don't exist here. In fact Parvpora is ruled by the use of magic, not the sword. At an early age people are taught magic because work revolves around magic here, it is extremely rare a child can't learn magic and guess what? I can't. This didn't help me in every aspect of my early life, I didn't do well at school and was bullied with magic. To help with these struggles, I read, a lot. I found many history books about heroes with weapons who overpowered powerful being, this was a book written by the Archmage, so it must have been true. It gave so much hope, so I trained myself the best I could, swordplay training is a lost art in Parvpora, but the books still exist. I did my best with what I had, but the books stressed that muscle condition was imperative. So for many years I trained myself in swordplay and designed my own routine in muscle training, I wanted to bring the title of "Knight" back to Parvpora. My technique might be sloppy but I think I can handle a duel, if they don't use magic, which was problem, everyone did. Though a stick and planks of wood doesn't work well for a sword and shield. I was lucky my grandfather was a retired blacksmith. He agreed to make me armor, sword, and buckler for me when I grow up.

When I finally reached adulthood, my grandfather kept his word, but it became even harder for me, I couldn't find a job that didn't need magic, all complex and simple jobs required the use of the simplest spells. I traveled for awhile looking for anyone who just needed some muscle but magic was always the request, but one day a kind woman told me an idea the gave hope to me, "Canelux is a beautiful land that you can start at, they don't fully use magic there." Canelux of course! Why didn't I think of that, then I remembered, Parvpora is my home, and I wanted to show that the sword can be as mighty as magic. But I can't live a life here, for now, so I made my way to the docks of my home city. I said my goodbyes to my family, packed my provisions, geared up, and payed for a ride to Canelux.

Welp, ready to try again.
-C.W.