Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Emotions of the World
The_Pasty

Character Info
Name: Tea
Alignment: TG
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Monk, Teaching of the Elements
Silver: 1966
Chi, The vital essence that taps into the true potential to the spirit, body, elements, and more.

I am Tea, I wish to master the use of Chi, my temple believes that if one connect to the elements via this method, one could reach a form of enlightenment. To achieve this goal I have trained with them sense I was six, I have made good progress in learning their style of martial arts.

Unfortunately, I have great difficultly with the use of chi, I have made no progress. Even my master, Jiemu, finds this uncommon, his followers have purpose that I am half High elf, a type of elf prone to using magic more effectively than chi. When I became nineteen still showing no sign of progress, I was given an option; I may leave the temple to explore the world, in hopes to gain clarity naturally, then teaching. I accepted, I felt this might be the only way. Master Jiemu said this was common practice, but most have never return, mostly due to integrating to society, and those who do return are the only connection to the outside world. A small ceremony was held for me. I was given some scrolls to keep up with my martial art training, provisions, and a proverb from Jiemu, "Fall seven times and stand eight."  

Two years later, and I think I have used my chi to cast fire from my hand, I was happy, up until I tried again and nothing but smoked appeared after.

After another two years I think I finally understand, emotions seem to be connected to each elements. When my masters said "Control your emotions." I thought they meant suppress them, not use them. Fire seems to connect to ferocity, or even wrath, but I don't know about the other element though. Before now, I have just been blindly follow instructions without understanding them, everything will change from here on out.

T. Leaf
The_Pasty

Character Info
I have returned to the temple, though I shouldn't have, tradition states I must be able to use all the elements to return. But I was too excited and wasn't thinking clearly, lucking for me the healer Angela return from her travels, so Jiemu couldn't stay mad at me. Angela gave me a check up, sealed my wounds and bruises disappear. Her magic was magnificent, we also had a nice conversation, we learned more about each other, she even invited to her temple to help with earth training, I might take her up on the offer. She left soon after that day, I was let off with a warning by Jiemu the next day, told wasn't to come back until I am able use the elements. 

I left toward the north forest, hoping maybe I'll get some nice meditation there. But as I drew near, I saw a wood elf tired and a mess, I helped him back to the temple. I learned his name is Pick, a young elf who desires to be a great thief, I was surprised that Jiemu let him stay for the night. Jiemu made good judgments, so I helped him clean his clothes and armor. Though I am nervous, I know I'll have to be met with conflict tomorrow about coming back again.

T. Leaf
The_Pasty

Character Info
It has been a day indeed, today day I needed to show my progress of my travels in order to leave. I had to fight Quantou, a young man that never really liked me. It was a difficult fight, he had more advantages over me but with luck, I was able to win. Pick seemed to be honestly impressed, even though he made slightly insensitive remarks earlier about my temple. We moved on that same day into the Bohar plains, he allowed me to talk about chi, but it seemed he didn't understand the idea.

I was so concern with explaining chi to Pick that I didn't realize we were walking too slow, the night was going to descend upon us. This is not good, there were no pictographs nearby to offer protection from the night. Strange beast lurk the night, but we were lucky enough that Pick found a ruin to hide, though this isn't recommended by the local nomads, but there wasn't much of choice. Well, I thought we were lucky, their was a seltrusk in that ruin. Seltrusks are lone predators, heads of hyenas, snout of a pig, body and arms of a bear, and back legs of wolf. Their claws are sharp like daggers and teeth jagged to that of a crocodiles. It chased us out of it's home, but we were able to kill it, but at the cost of more coming and my foot bleeding.

We ran into the Virens woods, I have never been there, and I soon learned why. We enter the woods only to meet more conflict, the seltrusk were gone, but there were three trolls terrorizing and eating people. We needed to help, and Pick took charge, there were a lot of close calls, but we managed to kill all of them. We were met with Cedric; a man in strange clothing, Claribel; a very beautiful young lady, and Drysl; an old man with a useful journal. We had to make camp, Drysl's journal gave us information to protect ourselves, for he was unconscious and couldn't tell us himself. Soon after, a black cat appeared out of nowhere and made itself comfortable, which was very strange in my opinion. But I didn't have time to think about long, more trolls appeared, we ran before they saw us. Thanks to the same cat the trolls moved on somewhere else, we found out she was able to talk. She convinced the trolls that we ran somewhere else, what a sly cat.

Drysl was able to wake, and lead us to his home. When we got there, Claribel wanted to leave and the cat, Cinnamon, left with her. Everyone else was able to rest, I am glad to finally do so, I hope tomorrow will be better.

T. Leaf
The_Pasty

Character Info
And of course it isn't, we didn't even sleep the whole night. Pick decided to find out what was inside Drysl chest, I didn't see it I was still resting, but some sort of singing from inside the chest woke me. Next thing I know, everything goes crazy after Drysl flew out of his bed to shut the chest. Apparently Drysl has been hiding what ever is in the chest from someone or thing. I didn't have time to ask questions, the chest had a chip in it, letting whatever singing out.

We run outside, found a spot, then Cedric and Pick start digging, Drysl only had two shovels so I took the chance to talk to him. He seemed to dance around the question, but I guess Pick's curiosity got the better of him and just tossed out the item out of the chest. It was just another chest, but it had some strange design, and there was no way to open it, it didn't have a seam to part the lid. Then there was utter confusion, everyone had a different idea to defuse the problem. But everyone stopped when a dark figure covered the moon, the shadow of five dragons were above us.

Four of these dragons were silver and smaller than the biggest one, which was as black as the night around it. They took the chest and Drysl and left one of the silver dragon to us. We were lucky enough to kill it before eating us, but now we had to save Drysl, Pick wouldn't leave him to die and I couldn't just leave him behind. So we make our way to the Ancense Mountains, hoping we can do something to help Drysl.

T. Leaf