Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > The Art of Theivery
Arcane Trickster

Character Info
Name: Pick
Alignment: CG
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Arcane Trickster
Silver: 274
Today is the day I leave the pride, and I feel like I have worms in my stomach. I've stolen for them for so long. I hope they can get along without me. 

Maybe I could put off leaving for a while?
No. Not again. I can't live the rest of my days stealing from roaming merchants. If I'm to be the best thief in the world I've got to travel. I wonder where I'll end up. 

Hunter and Tamer want me to bring them back trinkets every now and then. I hope I can find some good stuff. I'll miss the cubs, and my mother and father. Even though I'm an elf they've treated me so well over the years.

Anyway I thought I would compile a list of guidelines to steal by to keep me sharp and maybe even to pass forward my knowledge to some other aspiring rogue. So without further ado:
The Art of Theivery

1. Don't steal from the needy.

• They have it hard enough already. No need to take what little they do have.

• Also, what they do have isn't worth the hassle.

2.  Don't act guilty.

• Yes even if you are.

• Just keep walking.

• Only you know what you've done.

3. Choose your mark carefully.

• It's best to steal from people who don't have a weapon on them

• It's best to steal from people who do. It suspect you

4. Robbery is not art.

• There is no challenge in demanding things be given to you.

• Robbers are more likely to die if they choose the wrong mark.

• Generally less fun

That's all I can think of right now. 

You'll have to catch me first.
Arcane Trickster

Character Info
So, my first foray into the real world began with me being hopelessly lost within the depths of The Laeto Rainforest. I can say, with certainty, that I was less prepared than I previously thought for this. I ran into a woman named Daphne who tends to the rainforest, or at least a small portion of it. She was herding Tree Ents away from her palm trees. Real Ents! I couldn't believe it. She is taking me to her home so I may rest before I begin my journey again. She probably knows I'm lost, but I'm not about to say it in front of her.

Thought of some more theivery guidelines by the way:

5. All items can be valuable.

• Doesn't matter what you steal. Some body is going to want to buy it.

• While this is true it is important to keep in mind that some items are still more valuable than others.

6. Don't steal from friends.

• If they can't trust you they won't help you.

• You don't want to lose your friends.

Arcane Trickster

Character Info
Lucky me, I found a monastery that I could rest at. It was quite the journey out of the rainforest, and I needed the downtime. I made a new friend named Tea. He's a monk from that monastery. His master is quick; I hope I can become that fast one day. 

Tea is leading me towards the mountains. He says it's the quickest way to Adeluna. I hope he knows where he's going. 

No thief tips this time. Haven't had a chance to practice.

Arcane Trickster

Character Info
It's been a long night. Tea and I were chased into the Virens Woods by a pack of beasts Tea called A seltrusk. Not long after entering the woods we stumbled upon three trolls who were murdering people. I almost didn't help, but I couldn't just let the people who were fighting get slaughtered.

I saved an unconscious old man named Drysl from a log he had gotten himself stuck in, and used a poisonous mushroom to kill one of the trolls. Tea assisted a woman named Claribel who had knocked a troll unconscious, and a third person named Cedric killed the third troll. 

We were tired from battle and starting to get to know one another when more trolls began crashing towards us. I panicked and ushered everyone into a tree to hide while the trolls searched the camp with these monstrous dogs Cedric called Whisperhounds. Just as I was worrying we were about to be found a cat appeared and spoke to the trolls in a language that resembled gravel being chewed. Then, the trolls just left. 

This cat then began talking to us! She said it was safe and that her name was Cinnamon. Then, Drysl said that we should get going. Naturally I agreed and after we all got ready we headed towards Drysl's house. I don't know if I trust the cat though. I can get over the fact that she talks, magic does exist after all, but I can't help but think of the old joke my family would say to describe their dealings with traders: "how do you know when a cat is lying? When it opens it mouth."

We've made it to Drysl's house, well fallen log, and there is a locked chest just calling out to me. I might have to break rule 6.

Arcane Trickster

Character Info
I broke rule 6. Never break rule 6.

This may be my last entry for a while.