Aaron Thain

Character Info
Name: Aaron Thain
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Southern Glen Assassin
Silver: 68
Day 5

For five days I have been lost, both in body and mind. Even as I write these words, I feel my grasp on the life I lived before fading, slipping away. The harder I think, the harder it is to focus on it. My head hasn't stopped hurting since I woke up five days ago. The name… the name of the place I came from escapes me, and it terrifies me. because of this I've bought a journal to record my thoughts and memories in. The land I came from was of fire and technology. It was far more advanced than this place in every way imaginable. The name, I still can't remember the name.

I think my name was Aaron. Yes, Aaron Thain. Saying it out loud sounds right, but my voice is unfamiliar even to myself. Who was I? I think I was a soldier of some sort. An assassin. I was a good man I think, or at least I did what I though was right. What I had been taught was right. Still, the teachings of the Southern Glen aren't exactly black and white… Southern Glen? Was that my homeland? My city, my religion? I don't think it was any of those things. No, more than likely it was the name of the art I was trained in, the people who trained me.

Anyway, that's all I'm going to write for now. Little else is coming to my memory, and the harder I try to remember, the more painful it becomes. I'm going to catch some sleep before planning what I should do. If anything else comes to me, I'll write again. These past few days have left me exhausted, and even as I finish these few words, I feel the last of my strength failing. Still, I doubt that sleep will come easily to me. I fear that I'm in for a long night.
Aaron Thain

Character Info
It's hopeless. I'm not gonna be able to get anymore sleep tonight, not with all these thoughts running through my head. I still don't know what I'm gonna do, but I do know this: I have to hold onto the belief that I can get back home, that I can stop my memories from fading. There's a small town just a mile to the east. It took five days, but now I feel strong enough to make the trek into town. Hopefully from there I'll be able to find some help there. Whatever got me here may be able to get me back home.

It's so cold out here. I'm shivering now. Hopefully there'll be a warm place to stay in town, or at least a place open to buy blankets. I'm unsure how the villagers will react to a new face in town though, so I'll be cautious. Still, I don't believe any problems will arise tonight. Just so long as I keep my wits about me I'll be fine. Anyway, best not to delay any longer. If I remember anything along the way, I'll write it down, but until then…
Aaron Thain

Character Info
Well, I made it to the village, and found a place to get warm. I don't really have any money to my name though, so I wasn't able to buy any food or drink. Still, it's better than sitting out in the cold, and I've still got a few rations of food on me (though I'm not sure from what). I spoke with the innkeeper, keeping the conversation casual for a while. I didn't want to reveal to much about myself or my dilemma, but there was still a lot that I was able to get out of him. This land has men that may be able to help me out with my problems. There are powerful people who can tap into the powers of the world around them. Maybe there are even those who can bring my memories back, though the mind's a bit unpredictable.

The innkeeper spoke of a land, of a city known as Wyllmochvar, which houses mages of great power. Perhaps if I travel there, I will be able to find a way home, or at the very least, regain the memories of who I once was. A long and painful journey it will be, no doubt about that. The innkeeper spoke of many dangers along the road I would have to take. It also lies across the ocean, past the creatures that lurk within the depths.

I will have to think on these things. I see no other path for me, but I won't needlessly put myself in harms way. At the very least, I'll see if there's any work for me around here, a way to earn some extra money, or at least a way to fight off the skull-splitting pain I've been in for the past five days!
Aaron Thain

Character Info
Day Six
A Quick Exit

It seems as if I've learned something new about myself, though it came at he cost of the village's trust. I didn't have to look far for work. The innkeeper took pity on me, gave me a few tasks to take care of for him. They weren't anything that difficult, probably stuff he could've easily taken care of, but I was grateful. The man even paid me some silver in advance. Trouble didn't take long to find me though. It came in the form of a birdbrained moron who had dunk one two many drinks that night. The idiot was harassing the costumers, molesting the innkeepers daughter, just being a complete numskull. I stepped in to intervene, to talk the guy into taking his act outside, but things escalated. I'm still not sure how it happened, but within seconds, he had thrown a punch, and then was halfway across the room, scorched, barely moving. Everything was silent. You could've dropped a pin. And then…

Chaos. Total and absolute chaos. I quickly showed myself out, not even taking the time to look back at the mess. Kept running all night. That, that power, had come from me. I didn't even see myself do it, but I knew I had been responsible. Somehow, I had created that blast of energy, that power that sent the guy flying. Of all the things to forget, how could've I let the fact that I had that sort of power slip my mind? Ah well, what's done is done, and one thing's for certain: Wyllmochvar seems like my best bet now. I'll set out that way as soon as possible, but first, I'm heading south, out of these mountains. The innkeeper said the smartest place to go first would be to the city south. It's big, and full of information. Hopefully I'll be able to gather some supplies and learn of the strange world I've found myself in. After that, it's time to find a boat. And that's pretty much the extent of my plan for now. I know I'll need to get some more money along the way, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Anyway, it's a pretty long journey out of these mountains and I've been sitting still long enough. It's time to get back to walking, though my head still feels like it's been used as a drum for the past few days.