Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Dance of the Storm Wolf
Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
This place is strange…  It feels like I have only been here a month myself.  But for other it has been months, or even years.  For Angela, we cannot agree how long it has been since we crossed over.  But this place… it feels more like home than anywhere else.  I fear I was losing myself again on Daeluin, down in that dank labyrinth that I created.  My home here is open, wild… it is the place that I saw calling to me through the cracks in the Air Shrine.  Here, I have become something else.  They call me the Storm Wolf. 

But I feel diminished somehow…  Perhaps it is that I have a counterpart here?  perhaps I should seek that other self of mine out.  But that begs a strange question.  Who is the true self?  I suppose I will find out, already I have sent out creatures to seek out this other self of me.  I only have to wonder what they will find.

Moliira

Character Info
So I have found out a few things.  Only a few, but they are useful.  Some of my fellow deities from Daeluin have found their way here.  And there is one in particular that I wish to speak to soon.  Of all my divine siblings, Mendean will likely have the clearest view of what has happened.  But for now, I am learning other things.  My self here is… darker.  An evil thing, feared by most.  A vampire who hunts purely for the sport of it, and the joy of the kill.  Those I have asked cannot remember when her domain transitioned to me.  But we have the drive to hunt in our blood.  And we seem to be weaker, now that we are both here.

But that dark shadow of myself is elusive now, and I cannot pin down a solid location.  But I have already found a pair of people who just might be able to help me.  One is a native of these lands, from a place that I do not remember existing before.  The other is a face I remember from Daeluin, and our last encounter was amiable enough.  Perhaps I can ask his aid as well.  Though that will be a delicate task.  Perhaps his good nature is something I can take advantage of…

Moliira

Character Info
I have begun my hunt.  Stalking myself… more or less.  I have come to the conclusion that this will be quite a task.  I know all her tricks, and she knows mine.  But we each have our weaknesses, as perhaps that is what I will exploit.  I think back to my own dark days as a vampire, a dead thing walking, and I remember the hunger that would not end.  If I can herd her away from her favored feeding sources, then she will get desperate.  And desperation will cause mistakes.

But I have come to realize I am already desperate in a way.  We both cannot exist in this world, and it is a race as to who will win.  And I plan to win.  It is merely a matter if I can.  But no.  I will.  I have survived so far, and I will keep one step ahead.

I will go search in the grand cemetery soon, perhaps I will find signs there.  Or perhaps I will find something else.  Revaliir is always surprising me in interesting ways.  Perhaps I will speak with Angela again soon, I know that she merged with her counterpart here, and perhaps she will have some advice that I can use.

Moliira

Character Info
The hunt ended… and with good timing.  I was whole again, just in time for another disaster to befall the world.  I have to chuckle at that thought, I think I would be quite bored if something terrible wasn't about to happen.  Even with all my complaining about it, I'd much rather live in a place with interesting happenings than somewhere tranquil.

While my shadow dragon was lost to me years ago, I've found a new companion.  A frost dragon, and she calls herself Eirlys.  In an odd twist, I rescued her much in the same manner I had Zaknual, from slavers with no respect to life.  And she has asked to stay with me for a time.  I would be a fool to refuse the aid of a dragon, especially one who has lived for quite awhile.  Her stories are fascinating, and I have enjoyed speaking with her.

And the boys are enjoying it here as well.  A new land to explore, new friends to make, and I am learning to let them go.  They will go out whether or I tell them they can.  I suppose that's all part of being a mother.  Valth has been learning from the fae too, and they are teaching him the ways of the land.  And Quil loves the ocean in my realm.  So the move seems to be sitting well with them.  That is quite the relief.

Now all the remains is to wait for the next impending disaster.  Perhaps I will see Mendean soon, he always seemed to have a grand insight to the world.

Moliira

Character Info
It's been far too long since I've made an entry in this funny little book of mine.  So much has happened since then.  Mendean has fallen, I never got the chance to speak with him.  Other gods have risen and fallen in that time too, some things never really change.  I found my sister Paige again, but we've lost Misty.  And I will soon send my boys into the world, it will be bittersweet to see them seek their fortunes in this world.  But I have great confidence in them, and I will not be sending them without protection. 

Some things change, but some things never do.  Dalanesca in no long Justice in life, but after death in a way.  Angela is a child for now, but her personality is the same.  But I… I have not changed in that same way.  What lies in the future for me?  I don't know.  I cannot read the stars like my niece Ynnarah.  Perhaps I will ask her.  But after Yazaere and I take care of some family business.  That will be interesting, seeing this incarnation of the city of my birth.  In another world, it has been gone for some time, but the same disaster has not fallen here.  The daemon-queen still fell, just in a different city.  I may visit there as well, and search for echoes of my past. 

That enough for now, I will write again here soon.

Moliira

Character Info
The wilds are calling me.

And it is not a call I can ignore.  The lands themselves are calling me, seeking out a protector, and I must go.  I will leave my brothers and sisters, my mate, my sons.  Because I must.  If they understand what must happen, I do not know.  But I will go, and I will commune with the wilds.  I will live as a wolf, free of the trappings of civilization.  And I will learn from the beasts, from the storms, from the souls of the trees.

Krys, you have held my heart for many years now, and you always will.  Don't wait for me, if you find another who makes you happy.  Quil, Valth, take care of each other.  Even if your paths separate, watch for each other.  Yazaere, you broke free of our people.  Don't lose that freedom.

The wilds are calling me, and I must go.