Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Tales from Brighter Days
Raeguel

Character Info
Name: Raeguel
Alignment: CG
Race: Daywalker
Class: Radiant Knight
Silver: 836
Many that know of my existence today know me as the knight Raeguel; but only a few in this world know of my history, of my true identity. I am, or more so I was Nemesis Shira, lord of the most powerful clans to ever walk the realm back home. Things have greatly changed though once I had crossed over to Revaliir. I no longer held the power I once carried and I am no longer influenced by the darkness that kept at my heart for so long. I was in the middle of nothingness, being haunted by the actions of my past. A big part of me had wished that I was left there, to atone to my sins and yet there was another that wished to be freed and if I was, then I would change my ways and do better by the many I had wronged. Angela would later on find me as I gave up hope and took me to this realm. I was barely alive when she summoned one of her clergy, a young woman named Melina to come and offer up her own blood to save my life. My resolution was strengthened by learning that my own children were here as well and they were perhaps the ones that had suffered the most by my hand. While its true that I had never laid a single finger against them, I was less than a model father to them. But when I saw them, I swore that I would protect Lucian and Nerezza to my dying day as I watched them, sick from an unknown illness.

I seek to make this realm a better place, and yet like myself, I recognize that people can change for the better. No matter what they are, they can be reformed if they wish it. I'd prefer to help them change their own ways instead of having to stop them using deadly force. But I will not hesitate if they harm the innocent without remorse or if they were to try and harm children, mine or otherwise. And as much as I am a solitary being, I realize that I can not do this alone. If I have to, I will search all over and find other like-minded individuals that share my opinions and beliefs. Together, we will hope to help improve this realm, this new home of mine. I have been thinking about this for a long time now, whenever I have free time.

Generally I do have plenty of it when I'm not having to deal with situations like my daughter and her teacher. It started out small, with it being among plenty of gossip that Angela's other daughters and clergy would indulge themselves into while I overhear it during my studies. I hadn't expected for any of it to be true, but given that her mother allowed her and Kaiser free reign over her house in Arri, I had to seek it out for myself if it was true or not. I met with him a few days later, and though I believed him in not trying anything out right on Nerezza, I had a feeling that he was hiding something. It wasn't until she came and confessed to the two of us of her feelings that it all made sense. He shared in her affections and I decided to have them get engaged- for one thing they were both of noble houses and I am of the old ways when it comes to that. Both had accepted and now I have the honor of trying Angela, that is if she's hadn't heard of it yet from the gossipers. But that would land me into a situation of my own when I was informed of Melina and her feelings for myself. I do not know to what extent of how she feels of me, whether it was purely a lusting from a young girl, or more, but I had decided to find that out for myself as well. I had arranged for a picnic between the two of us and from the moment she arrived, I could see that it seemed as though it was more than a mere infatuation. I do not know how to feel about this- love had never been my strong suit and yet I do feel as though she is different from the others I have encountered. Perhaps some form of lust still exist in me, after all though she is human, she is quite beautiful and has a good head on her shoulders typically. I can not fault her for that though; from the sound of things, she was kept in the temple for so long that she doesn't know how to properly handle herself around men. I suppose…I need to spend time with her more, more so than what had been said in rumors about the both of us.  

The Daybreaker