Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Cursed by Love
Orion Delightus

Character Info
Name: Orion Delightus
Alignment: CG
Race: Elven
Class: Witch Hunter
Silver: 187
It really all began on my 24th birthday, the day I was planning on leaving the mansion. Going onto an adventure was what I had always dreamed about. After the party I was hoping I'd be able to begin my journey by having everyone cheer for me with their happy and hopeful smiles. But, it didn't end that way. After receiving a sword strengthen by magic and a journal to write down my adventures SHE suddenly attacked everyone. I never imagined that my childhood friend I known for so long would suddenly do the unspeakable. Right before my eyes she drained the essence of my father and then my mother and moved on to the rest of the family. The horror of seeing family members turned into fragile beings. It all happen so quickly that before I realized it I was the last one standing. My precious family were down unable to get up and everyone else fled out of fear. It was all up to me to stop her from all this insanity before more damage could be done. I unsheathed my new blade and empowered myself through magic. I charged forward with everything, I moved faster than ever before and swung out of rage and fury. However, it just wasn't enough to beat the amount of power she had. She was faster and stronger. With just a flick of a finger to the forehead I was sent flying back several meters. That strength must have come from all the power she had stolen. I was no match for her.

I still remember her words after she forced me back on my feet. "We are destined to be together." She said to me. I had no strength left, not even enough to stand or hold a weapon. I couldn't even be angry anymore. Her beautiful face was the same as before. She was still the person I truly cared about. I wanted to ask why she did all this but before I could speak a word she moved in and kissed me on the lips. I don't understand any of what had happend but after that kiss she told me that I wasn't strong enough, she gently put me down on the ground and left peacefully with a friendly farewell. The aftermath reminded me of the criminal she was. No one was killed but everyone in my family was in bad shape. They couldn't even use magic however they were still able to spot the curse that was placed on me which I hadn't realized. The curse seemed to have the similar effects of the drain, although much weaker it seemed to be always active. We tried seeing if a local healer could remove it but that turned out to be very painful for me that it became clear that removing it would kill me. Honestly if she wanted me to get stronger then why did she curse me to make me weaker? My time is definitely limited.

She had appeared in my dreams during that night. I was unable to do anything but watch her teach me how to use the drain ability she had. I wanted none of it but she explained that if I wanted to match her, I would need to 'borrow' the strength of others. I woke up feeling conflicted. I did want the power to take her down but not through stealing the strength of others. However it feels as if I had no choice. Just one night had passed and I already feel weaker than usual. I decided to try to use drain on plants and then on some wildlife. There was really no noticeable changes unless the creature/plant had a good amount of energy which was rare compared to humanoid creatures. For moral reasons I still haven't tried draining any humanoids. Living a life like this was unacceptable and the only solution was to kill the one who placed the curse. Thus that would be how my adventures began. It wasn't a happy send off. My childhood friend which we now refer to as the witch had left a scarring mark on everyone. I'm the only one who is still capable of fighting with both blade and magic so I'm the one who must carry the wishes of my family and eliminate the witch. It's still a bit hard to believe that the one I could have been in love with did all this. Even if she ended up turning bad, I'd hate to have to kill her but I can't let her get away with all this. Agatha, I don't know what made you become like this but for your sake I will stop you next time we meet.