Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > The Red Wizard's Notebook
Jago Fleetfoot

Character Info
Name: Jago Fleetfoot
Alignment: CG
Race: Halfling
Class: Wizard
Silver: 0
The Red Wizard’s Notebook.

The house is finally finished! I completed the building last week, the furniture has all arrived as planned. I’ve filled it with rugs, fine curtains and tapestries. My house is one of the finest Halfling houses I have ever seen; I have done my ancestors proud despite my gifts. If only they could see me now eh? Never mind all that now- The house! It’s quite beautiful, a traditional mound with a circular door and windows. The outside walls are made of a fine flowering moss, with a copper chimney sticking out the top. The house is surrounded with old oaks and maples, the autumn colours are staggering! 

The cider is out back in barrels, it’s almost ready. Two more nights I should think, then this Halfling is having a good long meal and a sweet drink in the evening sun.

Shopping list –
Bread
Cheese
Cured meat
Sausages
Eggs
Flour
Once I’ve settled into the house and I’ve made sure it is secure, I’m going to head over to Abed. I’ve received word of an artefact I could acquire.
- Don’t forget to buy a beef and ale pie from the butcher’s wife.

Jago Fleetfoot

Character Info
Three weeks have passed since I cracked open the first batch of cider. I have outdone myself this year! This is possibly the best cider I have ever tasted – though that has led to there only being one barrel left. A serious problem considering I’m supposed to be supplying the wedding cider for the Gurrowhood’s wedding party. It’ll be another relatively boring affair again I suppose, but what am I to do? I don’t get involved in many community occasions.

I need to travel to Adeluna as soon as possible. There is a book in the palace collection that describes a replication spell. That’ll certainly come in handy – and solve my overindulgence problem.
When I’ve collected the book, I need to hit the market.
BreadEggsDragon ClawMercuryBaconBrandySilver mixing bowl (Not from Jack – His are fake, as you found out the hard way.)
Also, pop into the tavern. See if you can’t catch that dirty lout Runhin. Lying sailor will probably be drinking his way through the silver he owes you! See if you can’t extract it.

Jago Fleetfoot

Character Info
Well! What a day! I got myself the book I was after – but deciphering the text inside must wait for now. As I was fleeing the scene in my favourite skilful and stylish way, it appears I was seen and followed! (You really need to work on this! Can’t have folks going around following you.) As I rested, my follower caught up – a Faerie by the name of Nixie. She’s big and just like the lore books I have studied, she feeds on emotions, and stirs them up in any way she can. She started a bar fight without ever lifting a finger! Despite her unusual manner – the manipulation of those around her to feed, I think I do actually like her, I probably shouldn’t but I haven’t had a decent friend in years.

I suggested we take on the secret library of an ancient necromancer hidden in the hanging gardens – I’ve wanted to get in there for some time. Now with a companion I might succeed! Now, I’m on the road again sharing my cart home with a few barrels of the finest cider I could lay my hands on. I think If I pour it into my barrels it will pass for homebrew and the Gurrowhoods will be none the wiser! Next time I must watch how much I drink!

I have a lot of preparation to do as soon as I get home,

Backpack
Overcoat
Bed roll
Tent
Protection Spells for the Advanced Magi
Magical Un-Trapping Guide
Faeries, Folklore and Fables
Necronomicon
Canteen
Journal
Quill

I’m sure more will come to me as I get closer, but they’re the essentials for this trip. Now, I’m going to finish my flagon of stout, (As if I’d leave good beer to waste- bar fight or not!) put out the candle and get under a blanket on the back of this cart.
I’m safe enough.
Let’s hope the same can be said when I try and get a little rest on my next adventure, with my new companion.