Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > With Eyes painted Gold...
Ramla

Character Info
Name: Sybille 'Ramla' Blaque
Alignment: TE
Race: Eldritch Prince
Class: Countess/sorceress/alien?
Silver: 378
Ramla

Character Info
Journal Entree,

~Date x - xxx ~

A new world, a new collection of journals. I keep them because my memory isn't what it's used to be. Humans aren't meant to become this old, my age has affected my long-term memory mostly. I can not even remember my children's faces. But before I lost those precious moments I wrote everything down in a journal so that at least I could always read about them. The way they looked, what they were like, what had happened to them… That's what this book will be about; my memories, and my knowledge on the Eldritch Race and the Realm of Umbra where our palace Irkallah resides.

Where are my manners…

Allow me to introduce myself, I am Ra-Mh'ri-La; Slave-Queen of old Sumer and Egypt. Dark Mother to those who chose to follow me till the end of our world. Just titles now of a previous life. That empire is long gone now, swallowed by the sands of time. Oh, but you should've seen it. A glorious nation born from blood and magic. Reaching from sea to sea, even the deserts were mine. Every city that I conquered I gave them a choice; surrender and join me or die and feed my army. Their pride and stubbornness was the biggest obstacles and eventually led to their ends. That was a lot of power for a Queen who was once a slave. And for such a young race as 'humans' power was toxic. 

I know now that back then I never ruled as a fair queen, or a just one. I ruled them with fear…I was a cruel woman, and a bloodthirsty one at that. I never should've done that, I should've remembered where I came from. That I was once like them, an equal who suffered just as much under the cruel hand of slave masters. My intentions were noble back in those -very- early years. But like I said, power is toxic…I learned from my mistakes now, and while it is far too late to amend them I try to treat my fellow (wo)man with kindness now and patience. 

I am still ashamed about it. But don't get me wrong, I have not lost my wild ways despite just being a harem girl to my Pharaoh now. 

Now, to whomever might read this in case I lost this journal. It is rare but one might never know when my goldfish brain decides to misplace this book and then forget about it. I can only hope that you, the reader whom I shall call 'hivya' from now on, would be gracious enough to return it to me. For what you hold in your hands are my memories, my secrets, my desires and my demons. 

Just ask the imps that hide in the darkest corners of your home, they will guide you to me. With some luck you might even befriend one. Yes, there are imps in your home; in every home. In every building, every cave, every forest. Hiding in the darkest crevices as they shy away from the light. I'll explain this another time, for now it was a long day and I'm tired. I will write again soon.

Ramla

Character Info
[Journal Entry]

~ Date x - xxx ~

My pharaoh, Nihr-Th'tep-Ar, has left for Canelux now. Chasing mercenary jobs and most likely loose women as well. He invited me to come along but I'll be damned to set another foot on an airship again. No, I decided to travel on Parvporan soil for now. On foot. Do some sightseeing, meet new people, learn from the cultures here. I even know which routes I'm taking. It starts here in Tarishitar of course, making my way to the Jasumin Plains towards the lake. Then across the Haza Savannah. I heard that there are Tribes that roam these lands, tribe made from Beast-folk. It would be interesting to know how they live, hopefully they are a friendly sort. Then I'll make my way to Ataiyo, from what I hear its culture might be similar to Asia on Earth. My home world. Then going through the Menomori Forest then over the Arazan Mountains. Then I'll go into the Eldingarheim to reach Wyllmochvar and then Abed as my final destination.

Who knows maybe I'll make a detour here and there. Or I might just not visit some of the places at all. I am curios about one thing though. Two old ladies came to the restaurant I work at. Speaking in hushed tones behind their colorful paper fans. They spoke of gods that once walked these lands. And a Tree that could help mortals ascend into godhood. It's silly of course, in ancient times my people thought of such things as well. That the king of our lands was god reincarnate. But one can wonder, I've seen many strange things in my life and a tree that grants super powers might just be one of them. 

But if such a tree exists, then it could give me and Nihr the strength we seek. There's a reason why we suddenly decided to travel, and why we separated our ways for now. We want to learn from this world, obviously. But we are also seeking. We seek strength to help us defeat the Narzjun and one day the Purple Star. We also seek people who are eager to change their life. People easily manipulated, or desperate enough to make a deal with the devil. Nihr and I are starving.

My dear Hivya. You might wonder now why we are starving when food is abundant here in Tarishitar. I work at a restaurant as a cook! We of the Eldritch Race do not feed on fruits or vegetables. It is the void. Negative emotions; fear, hatred, anger, despair. We feed of war and pain and blood. We feed of Dark magic, or energy whichever you call the phenomenon. We drain the living of their soul, their consciousness, their taint. The more tainted their soul is the sweeter. Their carcass is just a bonus really.

I know. You're thinking I'm evil, wretched. Disturbed.

I've heard them all. But all this simply means that I'm on top of the food chain my dear. Like a wolf who hunts down sheep, it must feed. The lion feeds on the gazelle. And we Eldritch feed of mortals. You. Don't be discouraged, we're polite. And have somewhat some honor. We reward those who freely surrender their lives to us, who feed us. 

Like I said, we seek those we wish to make a deal with the devil. And if we like you we might let you live.