Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Lost Logs In The Marshes [R]
Suchus

Character Info
Name: Tavor N'eveth
Alignment: CG
Race: Crocodilian
Class: Warrior
Silver: 534
As a traveler went to the Moritius Swamp, seeking treasures near the outskirts, he stumbled upon an object wrapped in boar hide, hidden beneath the roots of a tree, covered in moss, vines, broken twigs, fallen leaves, mud. He picked it up and after sold it to the Mage Academy of Wyllmochvar, for it belonged to a person titled Tavor N'eveth, written beneath the cover, before the ancient pages. The mages of the academy studied it, reading what they can, from the first page. It read the following…

It took three days to reach this new land. Canelux, the people here call it. They say that, eastwards, there's another land known as Parvpora. I was stripped of my powers before I was banished from Shedet, and I cannot say I will return any time soon, if ever. I'm going West, for there is a river there, and I can stay.

Th~

The rest of the page was covered in blood, and so were the next several pages. Many were missing or torn, obviously. The next intelligible page read,

The ground shook once more, and more villages have fallen. I know not what to do, for my powers are not strong enough to stop the flood. The best I can do is leave, or die. The water isn't stopping, it's like a curse. Snow is disappearing in the South, and the land there is growing ever hotter, it seems. Someone in the small nearby village had spoken of a god. Of course, gods.

Men have passed and attacked, and were met by a great crocodile. I managed to transform at last, into what I have called Sarcosuchus, a great crocodile, larger than any this land had ever seen, I assume, from the looks that the men gave when they saw the beast that I had become. They're all dead now, but I had to leave, for the water erupts from the river like a fountain, and a wave is rising.

The next page read,

The rising tide has crested and fallen, and the lands are still covered in water for miles. Good thing I have left early, for even birds in the sky soaring were drowned. South. It feels like Shedet; almost, but not quite. There's an Ibis, and that's a good sign. There's also a river here. I shall remain here until I can leave, or have to.

[[[OOC : TO BE CONTINUED]]]