Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > just leave me alone...
Samira

Character Info
Name: Samira
Alignment: TG
Race: Human (of Mamlak)
Class: Broken
Silver: 211
I'm sitting outside in the free air for the first time in… months?  I don't quite know.  It's the first time I've felt well enough to go out on my own.  The mage who has been watching over me suggested that I write things down, perhaps it will help me work through my problems.  The anger at my family has mostly faded, I think I am too tired to feel anger towards them now.  Mostly, I feel pity.

But let me start further back.  When my moon's blood first showed, something else happened too.  Things started to happen when I got upset, jars knocked from the table, fires catching, voices where no one was present.  And it really was my fault, though my family did not realize it at first.  They thought it was spirits, and they brought in the priests to cleanse the house.  But of course it did not work.  Eventually, the priests started testing everyone in my family, and I was found out.  My mother… she wanted me burned as a witch.  My father disagreed though, and turned me over to the priests, who tried to 'cleanse' me.

There were days I would have preferred to burned as a witch.  They starved me, beat me, forced me to drink drugs and potions.  And almost nothing worked.  But near the end, there was one thing that did work.  It was some kind of strange stone, something I later learned is from Parvpora.  And it completely dampens magic.  The head priest ground it up, and mixed it into a potion.  And I was of course forced to drink it.  It was only then they decided I had been cleansed.  By then, I had started to think that perhaps they were right, that I was unholy, and unworthy of returning home.  So they cast me to the desert.

That might have been the end of my story, but for a strange coincidence.  A traveling caravan found me, and not far from death.  they gave me water and food, and took me in.  The head of the caravan was a man from across the seas, from Wyllmochvar.  And it was by his hand that I have found myself here.  He knew the signs of magegift, and patiently drew my story out from me.  He showed me kindness on the rest of the trip to Cittapashe, and then across the seas.

That is enough for now.  I will write more later.  I am tired, I should go back to the Academy and rest.  But I am feeling better.