Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > The Tale of a Wanderer
Icarus

Character Info
Name: Icarus Valeon
Alignment: TG
Race: Resurrected Human
Class: Saint of Hope
Silver: 471
I don't know where I am.  It's been days since I arrived in a foreign land, a foreign realm.  It is entirely different from all I know.  The last I recall was a beast of tremendous black exiting the Void and the realm of Dae Luin, a world I fought so hard to save, was consumed.  My connection to the Void seems severed.  I feel… like something truly has changed about myself, like a portion of myself was lost when that world was.  I pray Obelisk does not come here as well.  This place seems teeming with life and I can only begin to wonder how many others survived that world's collapse and if their memories remain intact. 

I fear this is only the beginning of trying times.  My age seems to have reverted several years as well, as though all the time I spent in that other world is no more than a dream.  I can no longer travel the Void willy-nilly.  I worry that perhaps it was my traveling and my interference with that demon in Kaerue that attracted Obelisk and led to the total destruction there.  What is my purpose now?

Icarus

Character Info
I came across a boy in the Laeto that went by the surname of Kouen.  It reminded me of an individual I used to know.  Was it possibly his son?  We didn't have the best relationship, what with him being an unappreciative sod when I showed him the fallacy of his position lording over some pirate haven in the previous realm.

Maybe that one hadn't survived and this was merely some sort of reincarnation of him.  I don't know.  I found him lost in the jungle.  He seemed to have fallen down a steep incline and I came upon him just before one of the jungle cats would have laid into him as though he were meat for dinner.  Glad he survived, but still.

That boy needs more experience and I couldn't spare too much time to aid him.  As it is, that exertion of my body wore me down pretty immensely although it wasn't too great a task.  I'm still not used to this reversion of my form.  I know I was much more fit when I was this age the first time, but perhaps it was due to the full reincarnation that my body is not used to utilizing its potential.

I remember the first time Keira touched my face trying to awaken me from a nigh comatose state.  My nerves were only freshly developed and hadn't yet understood thresholds of pain sensation, prompting me to recoil like I was set ablaze.  The pain was so intense, I thought I would go mad.  Yet, within a brief moment, it vanished, replaced by the dull sensation of only a slight throbbing as they developed their tolerance.

It took me a full week to recover, but I was finally able to set out on my own from Bohar, prompting my journey north into the Laeto and subsequent encounter.  I don't know where I would be now if she had not arrived as quickly as she had.

Icarus

Character Info
The further I travel, the more it seems this world was crafted by a madman.  The world, or what little I have seen of it thus far has a vast plain immediately bordering a rainforest nestled between two mountain ranges.  If one travels directly north from there, they come across an inhospitable wasteland the likes of which defy the imagination.  The very air there is poisonous and I daresay it is only somewhat less survivable than traveling too low when crossing the Highlands to the east of there.  

It seems, if one were to stay too low among the range, one would come across warbands of Orcs that were pushed out of the Highlands by those living there.  Naturally, the Greenskins hate humans almost as much as they hate Elves, their natural enemies.  Still, I came across a fellow as well as a village in the meantime.  As it turns out, the little rite to enter the village entailed defending it against a few of the scouts the Orcs had sent out to find weaknesses in its defense.  Aside from that, my time there was fairly without incident.

I crossed directly west, using the slopes to my advantage to save time.  I was able to make it down into the wastes within the same day.  Crossing that was a pain in my ass.  Fortunately, I came to find the wolf that would later become my friend and apparently the closest thing I have to a lifelong ally aside from my subordinate Keira.  I was able to rescue the wolf by clearing enough of the dust from its mouth and giving it the water it needed to survive.  He followed me around even after we finished crossing to the west.

Mamlak was interesting.  I met a man whose life I would save within a moment of meeting him and accepting a protection contract.  The would-be assassin turned out to be someone I knew from my previous life but could not remember for the life of me.  Other assassins were there and I was able to discern that she had been working alone, giving her added credibility when she decided she would not pursue the old man's life.  I'm preparing to head south with him to Vilpamolan as a part of the contract.  It will be a bit of a journey, but the money is good and preserving life is a worthwhile cause.