Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Artist's Notebook
The Virtuoso

Character Info
Name: The Virtuoso
Alignment: TE
Race: Human
Class: Artist/Performer
Silver: 539
John walked off the stage to the sounds of cheering. This was the final night that he would be performing in Wyllmochvar. While it had started off somewhat slow as each day went on the theater became filled with more and more people. Truly John was the talk of the town. As he walked down the hallway he took a right and entered his dressing room. After sitting down John found a bouquet of roses on the table next to his chair. There was a note on it. It was a typical love note that might come with roses. While reading through the note there came a knock on the door. "It's unlocked" he said absentmindedly. John thought the person just left after that as he didn't here the door open or close. However he was alerted to the presence of someone when a man spoke to him.

"That was quite the show you put on tonight" said a strange voice that seemed to echo throughout the room. "Thank you. I think this was my best yet" John finally turned to face the man in the room. He was rather off putting which was mostly due to the strange mask the man wore on his face. "Tell me what are you doing back here? you don't look like a normal play goer". "What me? Why I've come to see your performance" the stranger said with some animosity. Before John could ask what he meant the man drew a blade from a hidden spot. Johns face turned pale as he realized who faced him, anyone who becomes an actor hears tales of the boogeyman himself The Virtuoso. John had chocked it up to legend, after all someone like him should've been captured by now. But here he stood in the flesh.

The Virtuoso descended on John with his blade. Making several light cuts on his body each causing blood to spill out from the poor actor. As he cut the virtuoso began talking. "A costume, some makeup, a spray of blood!" and other various comments about his latest work. After a few minutes his latest masterpiece was almost finished John who was barely alive by this point tried to say something though was unable to say anything louder than a faint few words. Mostly asking to end his suffering. The response he got was "Death should never be quick it should be an opera". Though he was just about done just one more thing to do. With one final slash The Virtuoso cut across his neck causing a spray of blood. With that the true beauty of his work began, twisting yellow gems emerged from a few of the cuts creating a glorious crystalline tree.

Once his work was complete The virtuoso took the bouquet of roses left on the table and left. Walking down the hallway and out the back. Nobody thought to stop him after all he looked like just another performer. It wasn't until a few hours later when the woman who had sent the flowers arrived. Upon not hearing anything after knocking several times she peered in through the door. The first thing she saw was blood. After that she threw open the door and ran in. She immediately screamed, here was John not so much cut into pieces, as having been cut into many times. On the wall behind him splattered in blood was a picture of a lotus blossom.

Art requires a certain cruelty.
The Virtuoso

Character Info
Name: The Virtuoso
Alignment: TE
Race: Human
Class: Artist/Performer
Silver: 539
The Virtuoso sighed as he watched down from the top of a building. Holding his crossbow up against his shoulder, it was unusually large for a crossbow. That came from the fact that The Virtuoso had specifically designed it to be able to shoot a bolt from an extremely long distance. The bolts themselves were large and could punch through plate mail, though it took a while to reload. But back to why he sat upon the top of this building. The Virtuoso had been hired to an Egjoran noble by one of the rival houses. While one might think The Virtuoso would be delighted, perform and get paid for it what's not to like. Well it was going to be a dreadfully boring performance. As it seems like everyone who hired him said the same thing "Kill them quick and quiet". Not only that but they said it as if it was the greatest way to have the job done. Bah they knew nothing of art "Death should never be quick, it should be an opera" he said to himself. Though no matter what he thought of this current job it paid well and he already had someone in mind for his next masterpiece. But that would have to wait, as the noble he was hired to kill finally left the tavern he had been drinking at. After following the man with the point of his bolt for a few seconds The Virtuoso suddenly pulled it to the side slightly and shot. Thunk it hit its mark right in the heart. The Virtuoso saw a plant began to grow from where the bolt had struck, though it was small in weak. Such is the norm when given such a droll job to do. With that The Virtuoso quickly attached his crossbow to his belt and began to make his escape. Knowing Egjora They'd never let someone escape after killing someone of such wealth and power. Maybe that's what his employer hoped The Virtuoso kills the rival gets arrested and hanged before he could talk. Though if that was the plan then his employer would be deeply disappointed. The Virtuoso had done a number of jobs in Egjora and had never been caught. So if he wasn't paid then this noble would be The Virtuoso's next masterpiece. After getting into the streets The Virtuoso removed his mask and hid his crossbow. After that he began to slowly disappear into the crowd; using his acting skills to adopt the mannerisms of the people walking. After a walking for a bit The Virtuoso turned down into a side street and began walking towards his hideout for his stay in the city. It was a small home carved into the ground below the streets, it was lacking in light but it served its purpose. After arriving inside The Virtuoso placed his crossbow and mask on the table and retrieved a glass and a bottle of wine from one of the cabinets haphazardly put on the wall. It was still rather early in the evening, so The Virtuoso sat in the sparsely decorated room. Drinking wine and humming to himself; his pay wouldn't be arriving until the next day. Thinking about all the things he would be called in the newspapers tommorow, if they'd even be allowed to report on it. Egjoran newspapers were heavily censored so as to keep the cities pristine look intact. Though it'd be unlikely that censors would be able to cover this up. Well he'd check on them after he slept. So he put the now empty glass and the still half full bottle of wine away and went to bed. Upon awaking the next morning The Virtuoso heard a knocking at his door, had the authorities found him. Quickly hiding his equipment in a secret compartment The Virtuoso went to the door. He was met not with surly policemen but with the kind old woman Jane that lived nearby. "Hello Thomas, I brought you some leftovers that I had for dinner last night". She was an extremely kind woman she also knew nothing of The Virtuoso's profession. No for Jane he was Thomas the struggling actor, simply a part he played in a larger play. "Thank you very much Jane, I'm sure it will be delicious". After accepting the small iron pot she had brought The Virtuoso considered inviting her in. Best not to, she might stumble upon his equipment and it'd be a shame to kill her. Well that is kill her without the proper planning The Virtuoso put into a masterpiece. If he was going to kill Jane she deserved to be beautiful. But for now he had no such plans. Instead he asked "Do you have the newspaper, and if so could I borrow it?". Her response was "Of course dear, though I've already scoured through it there aren't any plays looking for people currently. No but there is some business about a murder". Upon acquiring the newspaper The Virtuoso reentered his home and sat down to look through it. His work was on the front page, if such a tawdry piece was front page material wait until they saw his latest masterpiece. Though reading the article they claimed he was mad, shaking his head he said "They call me mad, all artists are mad".

Art requires a certain cruelty.