Roleplay Forums > Character Activities > Character Journals > Galvin's Log
Galvin

Character Info
Name: Galvin Gears
Alignment: TG
Race: Goblin (albino)
Class: Mad scientist
Silver: 100
Time to start putting things in order, as well as try my new writing machine! I think I shall call it the "letter-puncher". It is the fruit of countless hours of labour and fine-tuning, a process through which I must say I learned quite a few things about reliefs in metalwork as well as earning a new scar on my right arm! This one is a burn mar, approximately 1,2 centimetres in diameter, afforded me by a piece of molten iron. It holds the shape of a droplet, which has inspired me to invent a method for gauging water toxitcity, but I will get to that later.

Now, letter-puncher. This machine was created for the purpose of easing the process of writing, allowing things like logs, scripts, and contracts to be written up with ease, speed, accuracy, and guaranteed legibility. The way it works is that I carve a mirrored letter in relief on a piece of metal, then attached that piece of metal to an arm of specific length. This arm, in turn, is connected to a lever system which is in turn connected to a button. For future reference, I shall mark the blueprint as AOI-09, which is coincidentally also the word for fried fish in ancient moravoproxarian when pronounced aloud.

Now, each of these buttons will do two things when pressed. The obvious thing is to engage the arm connected to it, punching the letter iron (coated in ink, of course) onto a piece of prepared parchment, paper, or other easily wirtten-on material. The other is to move the plate holding said material slightly to the side, so as to prevent a briofazillion letters from overlapping and becoming an illegible ink smudge. Which reminds me, I must catergorize my invented numbers, for a briofazillion is surely more than a dillion, but certainly less than a gigamontrodixolaarofilliard. In any case, there are some more advanced aspects of this new machine not yet mentioned, but they can be found in the associated blueprint.

Now, I have been an inventor for quite some years. I managed to introduce light-filtering impurities in glass to create a goggle lens which prevents the sun from blinding me, as well as a focal adjustment procedure which allows me to use my goggles as both vision correction device and zoom lens. (Note to self: do not use zoom lens while ambulatory, as associated symptoms include nausea, dizziness, loss of orientation and low-hanging branches to the face.) But I think it is about time to head out and travel soon, for I am running out of brilliant ideas to improve the world, and it would be a shame, no, a crime! to not share my inventions with the good people of the world.

As a post scriptum of sorts, I add that I will need some new samples of harrowwort and nightthistle, as well as oxidated zinc, as I am about to run out of helioraditatory insulation cream.

Post post scriptum: make "to-do" list.

End of Galvin Gear's log entry 1

- Theme Song: Waterflame - Chaotic
- Voice Actor: Max Casella (Daxter)
KeeXeyn.
Galvin

Character Info
Name: Galvin Gears
Alignment: TG
Race: Goblin (albino)
Class: Mad scientist
Silver: 100
Time to write another entry in the log! This time, I shall provide details surrounding my new shop in Adeluna.

I bought the place two weeks ago. It was quite the bargain, for the place seems to be unpopular among the locals. The broker who sold it to me, quite the friendly fellow despite my appearance, said that the place used to make many a man happy before an embarassing disease affected both clientelle and staff. I cannot help but conclude that the place must have been a restaurant before, though I cannot see any signs of a kitchen having been present. Did they take their equipment with them when they left? And what's with all the beds here? The chef must have been a very strict man, for in the basement, there is a dungeon with chains and whips and stockades. No matter, the materials are still good, so after a thurough sanitation they should be safe to recycle.

I have sanitized the ground floor, first floor, and the attic using one of my many inventions, an aerosol alcohol distributor. I probably should get around to inventing a vapour-filtering mask, for inhaling the fumes of rubbing alcohol left me in an incoherent state of general not-feeling-well-ness, but I can get around to that later.

I have decided to call my shop Galvin Gears' Gadgets and Gizmos, with the grand opening next week. I have noticed a distinct lack of mechanics in this city, as most people tend to rely on pointy things to overcome their everyday problems, or large hammers. I am thus hoping to enlighten the city's inhabitants with my brilliant inventions, such as the rose-coloured inverted binoculars, corrosive glue grenades, and aerosol room sanitizer (must remember not to sell it until vapour-filtering mask has been invented). I also imagine I will be building and repairing a lot of small mechanisms suchs as clocks, but that is perfectly fine.

The inside of the place has been equipped to suit the needs of both myself and my costomers. I have a rolling stepladder attatched to my counter so both I and my clients can remain at comfortable heights. One of the restaurant's many bedrooms(?) has been turned into an examination room for the fitting of glasses and such, and th first floor has been turned into a library. I have elected to keep the shop space small and deal with my customers in person to satisfy their needs, as opposed to having a lot of floor space and allowing them to browse. The rear end of the shop, hidden away from prying eyes, has been redecorated into a laboratory / warehouse / living space, customised to my height.

I will begin saving up money for a stagecoach, as there is a section on the side of the building which seems to have been some form of high-end entrance before, much like a garage. It would allow me to take on jobs further away as well as allowing me to experiment on various forms of transportation and modifications to a regular carriage.

As for the basement, I shall turn it into a forge in which to make the more metal-intensive projects I am working on, but that will take a bit more time. The chains, stockades, odd rods (very peculiar, about ten inches in length and two inches wide) and cages should provide all the metal I need to build a proper forge. The wood can be converted into shelves and racks.

End of Galvin Gears' log entry 2

- Theme Song: Waterflame - Chaotic
- Voice Actor: Max Casella (Daxter)
KeeXeyn.