Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Ataiyo, Land of the Blue Sun > Nisshoki > Long Time No See [P][R]
Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Alignment: CG
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
It had been nearly two years since he’d come back to Nisshoki to visit his sister’s tayuu house, but only a handful of months since his last interaction with Holly.  Even now after having learned of the events that affected others besides him and her, he still couldn’t get the time spent in the bewitching hot springs out of his mind.  His head had gone clear, almost too clear when he’d awoken the next day, and had it not been for the markings on his body that proved otherwise then he would have thought it all a confusing dream for a time.  The scratches on his back and bites on his skin were long since healed now, but he could recall where each and every one of them had been.

That had been where the purposeful distance had started.  Before he’d wanted to give her time to heal, to keep from having anything too emotional cause a relapse or halt her process, but now…now things were different.  He’d had plenty of sexual interactions with people over the decades, more than most would expect from someone like him, but all of them had been simple and made clear from the beginning: all of it was for pleasure only. 

There had only been a handful of instances where that had become a problem, and while they had been rocky it was always worked out, usually with the arrangement no longer existing.  Some people were just unable to separate themselves in the way he was able to now.  He was worried that the same thing may have been happening with her…But then, she was also under the same bewitchment as he had been, and he hoped he was just overthinking it.  For whatever reason, it all made his visit to the house even more difficult than usual.

The woman of the house recognized him and waved him through: knowing good and well that he wasn’t here for a purchase and he smiled his thanks to her as he moved through the back hallways towards the personal areas.  His eyes caught sight of his sister dancing in one of the rooms where men watched and waited and he knew that he would be on his own from here on out.  Truth be told he still didn’t know how to feel about her being in a place like this.  He had been taken to a loving family that took him in completely as their own when the two of them had been separated…she had been taken to a courtesan house.  It didn’t seem fair, but he tried his best not to harp on it whenever he did come to visit.

Her music is what he noticed first as he came to the common room where the other oiran and tayuu rested in between shows and personal arrangements.  It had been so long since he’d heard her play and his eyes softened as he lingered in the hallways to listen.  The young women and kamuro sounded happy too, she certainly had spread her light around. 

As the song shifted into another he moved into the room, glad that the majority of them were distracted by Holly’s playing, and for once he was able to sit on the floor in the back corner without any teasing or being touched.  He smiled gently towards one of the kamuros with a small wave, trying not to think about what her fate here would be.  Hiromi had been small like that when she was brought here…and he hadn’t even remembered her.  His eyes lifted up, watching Holly as she played her music.

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
Holly

Character Info
Name: Holly
Alignment: TG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Bard
Silver: 323
Holly had woken up out of place. She had found herself in the garden of all places. She was covered in bruises and other markings from their time at the bewitched hot spring. She took no time at all running in and getting Hiromi telling her everything that had happened. Maybe it had been weird to tell Naota's sister about it. Hiromi had taken her time looking over the bruises and making sure she was really alright before she confirmed her story. Holly hadn't been lying.

Since then months had gone by and she had healed up. It was difficult at first when someone asked her about it not because she missed him but because it had been her first time. They teased her softly about it but they knew when not to push her. Today she donned a very pretty kimono that was bright in color, like spring, and sat in the common room with her lute. She strummed at it like a well trained bard.

Her singing raised as loud and far as it would go. She took her time with each note and played it out with the feel of her heart. The passion in her voice and actions showed as everyone seemed in love with it. They seemed in love so much that they hadn't even noticed Naota walk in the room. Holly did and she opened her eyes to look in his direction. Currently she as singing about tales from the other continent. She had taken her time translating each one to their native tongue.

She wanted them to be able to enjoy them. On some occasions she would sing them stories and tales of her mother and the Rosenites deep within the desert. Finally she put her lute down and she stood up. Taking a violin up she smirked in Naota's direction. "Everyone take a dancing partner. I do believe Naota doesn't have one yet." The girls all laughed as she drew the bow across the strings. "One dance Naota for one lucky lady."

She pushed her toes against the flooring of the room as she began the song. She was highly entertained and watched what girl picked him to dance. She hoped a fight wouldn't break out or she would have to stop it. When the song was over she giggled and came over to Naota. "I've had my fun. How have you been?" There was sunshine in her eyes and happiness seeping from her smile.

The very core of life
Is soaring higher of truth and light

OOC: I am a Brittlez :3
Naota

Character Info
When she spotted him he couldn’t help but sense that something mischievous would be afoot.  Holly was usually a playful one, the Holly he remembered from when they were both younger at least, and as she lifted up her violin and gave her announcement he was surprised that his suspicions had been correct.  He sighed, his shoulders sagging but his eyes widened with attention was brought to him.

Some of the young women he’d seen over the years having come to visit were already smiling, ready to play with him and lower his comfort levels even further since it always seemed to be a game.  Many of the women here felt like family, but there were still those few that were serious in their intent.  And before there was a risk of that happening he looked over towards Haru, Hiromi’s kamuro.  She was the one here he was the closest to, though he still had a soft spot for all of the others that Hiromi had trained. 

He moved up from his spot in the corner and outstretched his hand for hers, smiling when her small one moved into his palm.  Knowing he’d never have children of his own, moments like this he actually cherished more than he’d ever let on.  She giggled as he pulled her up onto his hip, keeping his other hand properly in hers as Holly’s music played: dancing with her this way. 

Even though he knew what she would grow up to be, just as all of the others had, he couldn’t help that her path would lead her towards a new direction someday.  Or at the very least she would advance in rank to tayuu quickly so that she would be able to have more say in who she interacted with so intimately.  She was so small, her whole hand able to fit in his palm, it was hard to believe that she was being groomed for something so adult at such a young age.

Even though none of the women here were degraded or looked down upon, he still just couldn’t get past the fact that all of their lives had been chosen for them.  That was his main qualm.  What if Haru didn’t want to be a tayuu…?  What if she wanted to be a teacher, or a soldier?  Though it was hard to imagine her ever harming anyone.

As the song drew to a close he gently touched the tip of his nose to hers, smiling once more as he set her back down onto her feet.  He was glad that Holly came over to him before anyone else had a chance to tease him or grow too comfortable in touching him as was usually the case.  Though he still caught the glances of those that would have been more serious in their efforts.  He’d never bed any of the women here, not because it wasn’t tempting but for the very fact that he saw them as more than that.  Every other man, or woman for that matter, that walked through these doors wanted something from them, he wouldn’t be thrown into that group.

“Yes I’m sure you have.”   He arched an eyebrow, one corner of his lips turning up in a light smirk.  “I have been…busy, as always.”   Both of his eyebrows rose, making an extra effort not to be too physically close to her or look at the clothing she was in since the last time he had seen her…well, there hadn’t really been clothing involved, “You seem much better…”   An observation he was truly grateful for.

God Rules:
Holly

Character Info
Holly enjoyed watching him dance. He would have been a good father. "You are always busy. Sometimes you need to take a break but I know for you that isn't possible so I'll try and give you the greatest break while you are here." She took his arm softly and pulled him away from the eyes of those who wanted him. "I'll make you more comfortable first. Away from those that want you."

She took him into a small garden and smiled at him. "We have peace out here and can talk in privacy. If anyone comes out here I'll run them out." She chuckled. "I've been better. What you seen back in the hot spring might be what I really would have said but the reality is I don't think it will work right now. Sure the future is unknown but for right now all I want is to be near you when possible. If that is only to play music so be it." 

She let go of his arm. "I'm leaving soon but I am glad you came before I left."

The very core of life

Naota

Character Info
That was something even he couldn’t argue: he did need to take a break more often.  When he was younger it was easier, but now that he had swamped himself with work it was just becoming normal.  Truth be told he didn’t know how to turn off anymore, but times like this he tried to enjoy for as long as he could.  “I’m trying to let myself have time off more than I used to, but I think people have grown too accustomed to me being able to leave a moment’s notice.”   He was certainly the most active out of his siblings when it came to hunting.

“Pay them no mind,”   he laughed a little, “Most of them do it just to mess with my head.  Their version of teasing.”   He breathed in the cool air of the garden when they went out and the sound of the flowing water was so similar to the falls in his family home’s garden that he was almost homesick just from hearing it.  He agreed with everything she said and slowly nodded, eyes softening.

“I wanted to make sure you were doing well…Are you worried about going out on your own?  It’s been a while since you’ve been able to travel like you used to.  Where do you think you’ll go to first?”   She had spoken of the hanging gardens before and he loved the idea of her ending up there.  She’d be happy and that’s all that he wanted.  Physical healing was important but it was her mental state that he found himself worrying about more.

“I’m sure your mother would love to see you, hear you play.  Has she come here to see you since you’ve arrived…?”   He couldn’t imagine her not seeing her mother in such a long time, especially after all that had happened.

God Rules:
Holly

Character Info
She gave him a smile. "Well if it helps I'll make sure to pull you away from work every once in a while. I got a cousin who could do your job while you take a break. She is a demon hunter over on Canelux but she owes me a few favors. Half demons are the best at hunting full demons they say."

Nodding she fully understood what he meant. "Oh I think some of them are jealous. When they saw the bruises you gave me." Holly teased him gently.  The garden was relaxing as she settled in with him. She found a bench and sat down. 

Shaking her head she gave him a smile. It was almost contagious. "I'm not really but I would like to travel around Parvpora before going back to Canelux. I might visit the bathhouse out in Abed. I'll sing and dance for people who are bathing." She chuckled. 

Her smile disappeared a bit and looked away. "I don't know if I am ready for my mother yet. It's why I was asking if you wanted to go with me. I want to see her but I don't want to go alone. I don't trust a lot of people to take me so I thought I would ask you." There was also something else as she else she wanted to tell him.

"I thought about going on one of Nymph's hunts when she goes to kill a shadow demon. I thought it would be good for a song. I have to try new stuff after all."

The very core of life

Naota

Character Info
His eyes softened, grateful for her offer but he knew that he would decline.  Even if he had been able to transfer requests from clients to other people he wouldn’t have: it was his responsibility and he’d accepted it long ago.  It was kind of her to extend the offer though and he nodded gently, “Thank you, but I must decline.”  He sighed, eyebrows raising with a knowing nod, “Yes it seems to be an ongoing joke since my first visit here.  I wouldn’t take anything any of them say too seriously, most of them mean it merely for fun and not in seriousness.”

He breathed into a wider smile, picturing her playing for those that visited the bath house.  People there usually came for relaxation and to be happy, it seemed like a good fit for her, “I think you would have fun there.  Maybe visit them as a customer yourself since the baths can be so relaxing…”  A memory of their time spent in the hot springs surfaced in his mind but he pushed it away quickly.

The nervousness she had regarding her mother though, he could understand that.  It wasn’t an easy subject to breach and there had been so much that had happened, all of it painful that he wasn’t surprised that she had grown hesitant.  He would go with her.   “I’ll go with you, you don’t have to worry…I want you to be able to be comfortable around your mother again.  I’ll help in whatever way I can.”  

A shadow demon?  His eyebrows shot up, thinking about her condition, “As intriguing as a song it would be, are you sure that you should accompany someone on a task that’s so dangerous…?”  She was able to walk and move around on her own but that was such a great leap that he couldn’t help but be concerned.

God Rules:
Holly

Character Info
Holly brought her hands up and held his face. Her soft skin felt so good against him. "Nymph would be mad that I offered without asking her even though she would do it. She is a good person and often she does jobs my mother can't." She laughed a bit. "Gods really aren't allowed to take whatever job they receive because of damages." 

His smile was contagious as her eyes sparkled like silver metal. "That sounds like a good idea. It's a good opportunity to earn some silver as well for myself. Not all my siblings like to get silver from my mother and live on her coattails." 

Happiness sprung back into her eyes as she sprung onto him and hugged him tightly. "That would make me so happy. You are really the one person I truly trust to go with me. Mother trusts you too." She clung to him and took in his scent as her silver eyes peaked up at him with the wrinkle of her forehead and tilt of her head.

Holly gave him another smile. "You are cute when you get concerned. I'm a bard Naota. For centuries bards have followed great lords and battles to get songs. First hand experiences make the best songs… I can't be afraid. I'm too stubborn to be like that. I heard from my mother that my father was a great troubadour who traveled all of Canelux. He had been in many kings' courts through the years. It is the thrill that we live for. Nymph would keep me safe. Her sword is actually made of her father and his soul trapped in it. You could say her mother and father had it out and her father lost." She laughed a bit and kissed him gently.

Their lips parted and she took his hand. "You are something really special Naota. More than you will ever realize." She pet his hand and separated from him to look around the garden. "Do you like my kimono?" She pulled the fabrics showing him all the colors. "The little ones picked it out."

The very core of life

Naota

Character Info
As her hands touched his face he felt his heart pick up.  It had been quite some time since there had been any physical intimacy between the two…that didn’t have to do with bewitchment at least.  And for those two coupled reasons he felt slightly uncomfortable.  Their complicated history didn’t help either, and while he didn’t pull away from her hands neither did he lean into the gentle touch.  Part of him wanted to enjoy it, but that would still take time and for now he made sure not to let any of it show on his expression as he listened to her speak.

Though she was right about the many dangers bards put themselves into for the sake of art, he also knew that not all of them were suffering from the same physical afflictions she was.  She seemed well healed, but they never knew when something might flare up or if she truly was ready to take on something so drastic in contrast to how her life had been ever since she had been awoken.  

Before he could raise that argument though, her lips touched his.  His eyes widened, the glow of them intensifying from surprise and he couldn’t stop himself when he pulled back.  Too intimate, far too intimate and too soon at that.  He internally cursed himself for whatever had put the two of them together in the springs that night, it made everything more confusing than it should have been and even though he knew pulling back was the right thing to do, he still felt guilt at doing so.

All he could do was watch her in near bewilderment as she seemingly casually stood up and excitedly showed the kimono she had donned.  The colors suited her and it was easy to see that everyone here was getting to know her well.  It was odd to realize that they actually knew her better than he did, and for much longer.  Images of the children helping her sort out her clothes for the day and playing lighthearted games with her calmed him.  If not for the business of this place he would have thought it a good fit for her…but that was a very different form of entertainment.  

He stood up, hesitant for only a half a second before resting his hands on her shoulders with as soft of a touch as he could muster, “It’s lovely, but I’m serious…Bards put themselves through so much danger, true as you’ve said, but they also haven’t gone through what you’ve gone through physically.”

His eyes searched hers before continuing, “I’m not asking you not to, I just want you to be sure that your body will be able to handle this so soon before you do…”

God Rules:
Holly

Character Info
She knew him better than he might have thought. Holly had known he would pull away from her but she couldn't help it. She was finally better and able to be herself once more. However, this time he wasn't teleporting away from her. He was concerned for her.

Lifting her hand she put it on his and smiled at him. Gently her thumb caressed his hand as if to tell him it would be alright. "If I don't try then I will never find out. IF things get too bad I can have Nymph teleport me out of there. I promise you that I'll be safe." She stared into his the same way he did towards her. "I will take extra time before going out on adventures with her but for now I will go to Abed. I think the bathhouse will do wonders for my health. To travel again and get more fresh air might be what I need.'

Her hand gripped his softly. "I'll be alright. I'll get stronger so you won't have to worry anymore. Then when I get done following Nymph we can go see my mother. I also want to stop in at the Basalt Eyrie where my sister Calanthe is. She is the bard to the god there. That won't be for a long time. Most bards share stories to learn new songs and spread tales. It's been that way for generations especially for those who cannot afford books."

Reflecting on not only her mother's words but also Hiromi's she closed her eyes and took a breath. "I just want you to be careful. I don't want you to run yourself down. Working too much all the time will kill you Naota. If you want me to be careful then you have to promise me not to push yourself too hard. I don't want to see you get hurt because you're tired."

The very core of life