Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Ataiyo, Land of the Blue Sun > Nisshoki > The Rainy Season [OPEN]
Nura

Character Info
Name: Nura
Alignment: CN
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Dancing Bard
Silver: 139

A lone woman made her way into Nisshoki, loaded up like a pack mule with an abundance of overly stuffed bags and satchels. The sun was an hour past it's peak, or at least it would have been if one could see it. White and gray clouds blanketed the sky, stretching as far as the eye could see. Moisture was thick in the air. The rainy season was fast approaching.

The woman was clearly foreign to Ataiyo; she did not wear the beautiful silken kimonos that was the local fashion of the people. She wore a pair of worn leather traveling pants, with knee high boots. Around her waist hung a couple scarves, one a loosely woven wool scarf with fringe similar in color to buttercream, and the bottom, much larger scarf was made of a deep green cotton. Atop it all, she wore a belt made of dark brown leather, decorated with bronze ornaments. Bronze chain hung from the belt, and from long strings of leather a couple small raccoon tails and black crow feathers swayed with each step.

Her top was a a clash of fashion - a strange breeding of a corset and a vest, dark green in color. She wore several necklaces, bracelets, and rings… each seemingly coming from a different place and different culture. The woman's long, thick, black hair was pinned up with a couple hair sticks and a fresh flower sat behind one ear.

Despite the fact that she was a foreigner, if one were to watch her long enough they would get the impression that she might not be. She seemed familiar with the layout of the city. Many residents would greet her with a bow of the head and she would return the greeting. And as she made her way through the city she would stop frequently to hand one of the city's black and gold clad monks a couple of the numerous satchels that she was carrying. One even added to her collection of jewelry, slipping a juzu of 108 beads made from the seeds of a tree that grew almost exclusively near the monastery, and was used to count mantras.

“Enryaku-ji is appreciative of your contributions for the rain retreat,” the monk said with a smile that was as bright as the sun, were it not hidden away by clouds. “Will you be joining us again, this year, Nura?”

“I would love to, however I can already feel it on the winds… I don't think I will be staying in Ataiyo for long,” Nura said. She lifted her face to the wind and slowly closed her eyes to feel it gently caress her skin. “A moonturn, perhaps just a little longer, I think.”

“Ah, well, perhaps next year,” the monk suggested cheerfully.

“Perhaps,” Nura replied, then gave the monk a hug before carrying on, far less burdened by the packs of un-perishable food stuffs. Now she only had her own personal belongings, and was looking for a place to stay. Nura had many friends all over the place, and usually had little difficulty in finding a shelter. But the day had several hours left in it, and so she decided to walk around town and randomly socialize with whoever she could. One never knew what new friends could be made, or if they would offer her a place to stay for a night or two… or maybe more.

That One Kid

Character Info
Name: Illiyana
Race: Fallen Angel
Class: Mage
Silver: 126
Illiyana sighed as yet another man made a catcall at her while she cleaned the counters of the bar. Originally, she had opened for business as a diner-bar-innkeeper, but in this town, everybody liked drinking. The only person who was staying was a lone bard, who only wanted a place to practice his playing. Begrudgingly, Illiyana had let him, while although encouraging people to come and drink, business was business, after all. In turn, she gave him his meals free and his board was discounted.

Somewhere on the other side of the bar, a shout rang, a scuffling broke out, and cheers erupted. Many of the people including herself migrated towards the noise. They were there for the show. She was over there so that they didn't break the tables.

"STOP YOUR BRAWLING, YOU RUFFIANS!" She shouted with such a volume that everyone including the brawlers stopped and looked at her. Seizing the opportunity, she strode forward, and in two steps went from the back of the crowd to the front. With the speed of a cobra, her hands shot out and seized both men by the ears and dragged them out of the room and into the kitchen.

"You will leave immediately. I do not allow such childish behavior in my bar. If this happens again, I will be forced to set my wolf on you. So, you have been fore-warned.Now get out." The two men bowed their heads in shame, and slowly shuffled out of the inn. 

Bowing her head, she covered her face, prepared for tears, but none ever came. She was so tired of being everybody's mother, of picking up after them, and for the first time that she'd admit it, of the loneliness. If only I had a real friend, she thought bitterly, and at last, the tears finally came.
That One Kid

Character Info
Name: Illiyana
Race: Fallen Angel
Class: Mage
Silver: 126
Glancing up, she notices a flash of color. Not like the soft greens and earth tones that were typically around this area. Something exotic. Making her way to the window, she spots a woman in a foreign dress. It was a…. kimono, was that what they called it? This woman wasn't from around here, that was for sure. Perhaps this was her wish being granted.

Putting down her rag, she dried her tears. Gathering her skirts, she made her way to the street, ignoring those around her raising their mugs as a signal for a refill. 

"Miss!" Illiyana cried out, catching the woman's attention. Although she was desperate, she hoped she didn't come off as desperate. "Are you seeking a bed for the night? I have plenty of room in my inn."