Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Ataiyo, Land of the Blue Sun > Nisshoki > Bewitching Fates (P,R)
Edge

Character Info
Name: Edge
Alignment: TE
Race: Archdemon
Class: Hexblade
Silver: 45
It was high noon, or at least that’s what Lyean had thought as his bunk was kicked at by one of the crew members and he removed his arm from his face to glance at the small window. Half tired eyes were met with the bright rays of sunlight and he grimaced at the sight and went to shield them once more but the man who woke him up wouldn’t have any of that and kicked at the bunk again. “Seriously?”, he groaned, “Unless we are there, can you please…”

“We are here. Time to get your elvish rear up now, boy. We fulfilled our end of the bargain and now we be parting ways.” It was a moment or two after listening to him that Lyean actually stirred awaken and nearly leaped out of bed, brushing aside a few red strands of locks away from his face. “Fine, fine. I’ll be off this ship in a moment or two. Can I at least get a bite to eat first?” The stern look on his face told the elf flat out no and he sighed and rubbed at his eyes. “Okay, guess not.” Getting ready was a breeze for him considering that he already had pants on, which was a big success story him (meaning he didn’t get stupidly drunk and blacked out only to find himself without pants in a strange place) so he slipped on a crimson shirt that matched his hair and packed the few belongings that he had on him and took his leave. As he made his way into the deck that the light fully hit him and a dreadful moan came out from his lips. Perhaps he did have a bit to drink after all; but that was all that there was to do when he wasn’t winning coin off of the sailors at cards or sleeping. He fancied himself a mug of ale or a glass of wine. Or two. Or five at a time.

Lyean had planned on visiting this city for a while and after some unforeseeable situations occurring, he had to make adjustments to his plan and come here a bit sooner than expected. Fortunately he had made quite the deal with that ragtag crew; they would give him a ride to Nisshoki in exchange for a certain golden statue he “luckily” had on him. It suited him well in parting with the blasted thing once and for all and now he just needed to continue on for the payoff he was seeking here. But first things first, his stomach reminded him that food was high on his priorities with some rumblings and he went off to the markets in search of food.

Holly

Character Info
Name: Holly
Alignment: TG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Bard
Silver: 323
Holly’s stomach grumbled and she looked in her coin purse. The inn they were staying at was expensive and they had their coin for the journey ahead of them stacked elsewhere, for safe keeping. After getting dressed in her bright dancer’s outfit she found herself taking the harp and heading down to the market. It would be the best time of day to score not only silver but food as well. Her long brown curls danced around her waist as she found herself a barrel to sit up on.

With a few strums of her harp she sung into the busy market place. Her voice could carry much farther than that of the busy townsfolk. She entertained them and her eyes of silver locked with many of them, it was enough for silver coins here or there. She sang of the seasons, this season in Ayaito was most beautiful and would better fit those around her.

After a few moments of singing breakfast was served to her by someone who had been a regular since their arrival. “Thank you.” She put the coins in her purse and munched on the fruit she had been given. The blessed harp was by her side and ready to be played once more.

News spread that Holly was doing one of her minor shows in the market place. She had gained the attention of many officials and men for that matter. It was even worse when Aisling and herself were performing together. Dancers and singers were highly valuable attractions. Once she got through a fruit she picked the harp back up and continued to play. It would do her some good to keep getting money so they could spend more time in Ayaito.

The very core of life
Is soaring higher of truth and light

OOC: I am a Brittlez :3
Edge

Character Info
The rumbles of his stomach got louder with every step taken but he wouldn’t be able to calm the beast inside it until he arrived at the markets. It took some time to get there from the docks and it felt like what he had assumed being murdered felt like as it seemed as though his stomach was trying to kill him out of spite but Lyean made it. The bag he had slung over his shoulder felt like it was filled with nothing but rocks and he was cursing in his head over those sailors not fixing him one last hot meal. But it was pointless to worry about that now and he sighed before he continued onward.

The fresh scents of baked goodies and fresh fruits and vegetables filled the air around, and it did nothing more than make him hungrier. If he could have, he would have punched his gut and told it to quiet down, but since he was in public, that simply would not do. Too many people were around and if he was to do something out of the norm like that, it would attract too much attention. Not that he’d really mind normally, but he was starving and finally reached one of the stands. Rotisserie meats are about and he just about licked his lips and was already to purchase one of them when he noticed that the vendor wasn’t around. “Dang it.” He stood waiting for a bit before growing tired and moved onto the next place. It too was found empty and Lyean was starting to get annoyed.

“Where are these people?”

While he searched on for someone to buy some food off of, Lyean noticed a large crowd and curiously went off to see what they were gathered for. The closer he came, the more he became aware that music and singing had lured them to the spot. It sounded as though it came from within the heavens and it wasn’t until he pushed through the crowd and came to see the siren that beckoned them. His violet eyes looked at the beautiful woman with wonder as she played her harp and sung. He also couldn’t help to notice that she was gathering quite the amount of silver from her admirers. It was rather easy to see how and why everyone had left their stations to focus on the woman, but another rumble from his stomach reminded him of the hunger pains. Lyean ignored it long enough to reach into his pocket and sought to give her some of his own silver to express his appreciation and gave her a warm smile. “It’s wonder how you play, dear lady”, he said before shuffling off, none of which had the rest of them mind since they could try and divide her attention now. Lyean made it through with his life and some coins attached to him still and his venture for food continued onward.

Holly

Character Info
Holly looked at the red haired elf and accepted his coin. She could hear his stomach and looked down at the coin. She took a sigh and got up off her barrel. She ran up to him and walked with him. “I learned a long time ago, a family trade you could say.”  Holly gave him a smile before getting on to the reason why she caught up to him. “You shouldn’t give silver away when you are hungry.”

She fluffed her brown hair and gave him a smile. “There is a nice shop for us to eat at. Good tea and food, the last time I was here I discovered it.” She attached her harp to her back and took a sigh as she looped her coin bag onto her outfit. “We can go there now.” She took his arm and walked him to the tea house. 

Sitting themselves down she ordered them teas and food. “My name is Holly, I’m a traveling bard visiting Ayaito.”

The very core of life

Edge

Character Info
Lyean sighed and placed both hands behind the back of his head as he walked away. Someone in this town had to be around their shop and have a bite or two to eat. He was literally walking about as famished as an undead and only a nice meal would send his hungry packing. He didn’t make it too far before the woman that was performing had came over to him. Giving her a weird look, he wasn’t sure what she was getting at but when she made her point, he shrugged it off. “Nah, at least it wasn’t a waste. You performed excellently, miss. Don’t you be worrying about me, I’ll get by.”, he replied with a smile. He wasn’t lying of course, Lyean had been at this game called life by himself for so long that he simply learned to roll with the punches and accept his losses when need be. He had been enamored by the woman’s singing and music and he wasn’t regretting paying her for her work.

The mentioning of a shop that was actually open and its food was its own lovely music to his ears. “That sounds pleasant. Be good to enjoy food that wasn’t prepared by a ship cook. Started to get tired of potatoes and stew after a little while.” He’d hope that she didn’t feel obligated in coming with him, he hadn’t meant to be a bother to her. He was simply on the hunt for some good chow and maybe a drink or two, whether it was tea or otherwise. When she took his arm, he did look to her for a moment before passing off any sort of judgment or call.

They arrived there and soon took their order and as he sat down, he started to feel rude about not introducing himself to the lady. “I’m sorry. It must be kinda strange, you don’t even know me and yet you were willing to help me out. Even if you didn’t know my name, Holly. I am Lyean. Fresh off the boat, literally. I’m from Vilmapolan. I would say that I’m here on holiday, but some things came up and well, here I am.”

Holly

Character Info
“When on the road you don’t get the luxuries of home that is for sure.” She offered up a smile as she looped her arm around his. She wanted to get him breakfast since he was hungry and it was really the least she could do since her traveling partners were busy. 

Once at the restaurant, she shook her head. “I’m a bard, I'm used to sharing my table with strangers. I use to be in a troupe of at least fifty. We would eat grand every night using the money we got from our travels. Those were the times but sadly those times did come to an end.” Her memory flashed back to Naota and she visibly shook her head as their tea came out to them. “I love this little tea shack.”

She thought on Lyean’s name for a bit and chuckled. “I am from Sularia myself. I travel with two other women and apparently my brother now. We’re on our way to the mage city. It will be a while before we reach it since my traveling partner Aisling is head over heels for my brother Ash at the moment.” She chuckled a bit. “What brings you to Ayaito? Luck or dumb luck? It can be either or.”

She blew on her tea and sipped it. “I can play any instrument but not as good as my sister Calanthe. I’m still trying to learn how she plays her violin the way she does.” She chuckled softly. “I’ve much to learn as a bard.”

The very core of life

Edge

Character Info
Lyean couldn’t help but to laugh at her statement. “That is quite true. I haven’t been home myself in so long.” He actually hadn’t thought of home in such a long time though he wasn’t looking forward to heading back, all things considered about his ordeal and all. He figured that at least Holly had something to go back to if she returned. Likely a loving family and good home, not that he’d blame her. She seemed like a very talented and gifted young woman, beautiful to boot. It was strange to be accompanying her in such a matter, after all they weren’t formally introduced yet but then again nothing was to be expected out of life. It was full of wonders and mysteries.

While he didn’t feel right about her offering to buy breakfast, his stomach really didn’t care who brought it as long as it got food inside it. “My apologizes for that, and also I thank you for this. Not too many people are as kind as you are, Holly.” He flashed her a polite smile and his eyes fell onto the tea brought to them. Sipping at it, he was amazed at how savory it tasted. “I see why you do. What sort of tea is this?” With that, he took to it again, hoping that would help to settle his hunger.

“Sularia? Think I’ve heard of that place. You are pretty far from home then. Heard its a great little paradise myself.” Now that he thought about it, she had been by herself when he found her with that crowd. Lyean simply thought it was a case of her brother and friend having some quality time together while she was out performing. “Oh, a little bit of both really. I was coming here at a later time, but there were something that occurred that made me change plans and well, here I am.” The smile only grew at her modesty; she was giving herself far too less credit, even if he didn’t know her sister. “I thought you played exceptionally. I might not have a great ear for music, but I do know that you are leagues ahead of what I have ever heard before in my life, honest.”