Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Ataiyo, Land of the Blue Sun > Nisshoki > Crossroads [P][R]
Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Alignment: CG
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
A pit of guilt had formed in his stomach when he first made into the city of Nisshoki.  Normally any chance to see his family would mean nothing short of pure happiness as it wasn’t often he got to see them all at once, but this visit was different.  He’d started to slip in his duties and knew there was about to be an earful of lecturing from not only his parents but those above even them in their organization.  Not that he was any less harsh towards vampires than he had been in youth, but he’d started to become much more selective in his hunts.  And when you came from a clan known for taking any and all jobs that came through to them, that became a problem.  So far it had been a “problem” he’d kept hidden, but eventually all things are noticed.

So as it was he had been going at as slow of a pace to his family’s home as he could.  Seeing as it was on the further outskirts of town he had plenty of time.  Luckily they weren’t meeting at their house in the central district of the city or he’d have been there by now.  He was in no mood for an argument and wondered how long this would go on for.  How many more years…?  Over time they’d all learned ways to prolong their lives and while he was thankful to have their death dates pushed further down time’s line, he was long awaiting madness to start.  There was a reason human beings weren’t meant to live passed their natural lifespans.

As he made his way passed a tailor’s shop he heard a familiar voice.  His eyebrows furrowed and he cocked his head to the side, trying his best to focus.  With a sigh his shoulders gently sagged and a tired smile spread across his face.  It seemed no matter what happened their paths always grew closer, but today he didn’t have time to stall for as long as he would when it came to a reunion with a friend.  The smile was soon gone, but his curiosity was still piqued.  Five minutes.  That was all he would give himself as he turned in the direction of her performing, turning his back on the road that would have led him closer to home.  There was only a moment’s hesitation and pause as he thought about the lock Natsumi had fashioned for him…Hopefully today would be a good day.

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
Holly

Character Info
Name: Holly
Alignment: TG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Bard
Silver: 323
Holly had pushed Ash and Aisling out of her room. It was enough to give her the time of day for her own type of fun. She had fun performing by herself but Aisling was her other voice. She found herself playing instruments while Aisling sang, or the other way another. Today she was on the crossroads outside of the city. Aisling was on a date with Ash and it meant that she had all the time in the world by herself.

Her long dark hair was pulled into a ponytail over her shoulder. Flowers of all sort  decorated down her ponytail and over her crown. It had been down by those at Hiromi’s when she visited. Dancing around with her bare feet she let her voice soar into the skies.

She sang of tales long past and of great knights known to Parvpora, whatever brought in the coin of course. Her sitar sat there magically playing her notes for her as she beat her tambourine. Her words were full of melody and she made sure that the emotions went with the songs. If anyone gave her trouble she was not at all shy about swinging the heavy sitar like a weapon. It was enchanted after all with a long life.

Her silver eyes and bright dress attracted many but it was who caught her eyes that made her smile. He was always around and they were always finding each other. Weird how it worked really. As mischevious as always she put down her tambourine, even he had to see what was coming next. “And now I require a partner!” She went out into the crowd as she found Naota. “You find sir shall do. And no saying no.” She lectured quietly as she held onto his arm and dragged him back up.

“If you will sitar.” She spun him around and quietly laughed. Her voice soared even higher as she danced the maiden’s dance with him. The sitar played loudly and her sunflower pet, Sunny, sang along with her. It was a few minutes until the crowd died down.

“I didn’t know you were home.”

The very core of life
Is soaring higher of truth and light

OOC: I am a Brittlez :3
Naota

Character Info
He shouldn’t have been surprised, he really shouldn’t have.  Rather than fight it like a younger him would have, he went with her pulls and let her lead him in her dance.  Their last encounter with one another was still a blur, but he knew good and well that it hadn’t been a pleasant one, memories or not.  It was relieving to see her not instantly upset as this had been their first reunion since then, but at the same time he wondered if it was still clear in her mind at all.  He didn’t want to talk about it though, and just trying to remember back to it started a dull ache and he instantly stopped.

“Sadly it is not for anything pleasant.  I’m sure to get a scolding the second I walk through the doors.”   His eyes moved down her, she seemed well taken care of, not harm on the surface at least.  The green of his eyes found their way back to her familiar silver,

“You seem well…How long have you been in town?  How long do you intend on staying?”   His hands grew more comfortable on her as they moved in her dance, and for a moment he forgot that there were even other people here watching for entertainment.  If there was one thing Holly had always been good at in the time that they’d known each other, it was distracting him.  Gladly today it was for the good, but he still knew he couldn’t stay here with her all afternoon like he normally would have.

God Rules:
Holly

Character Info
“Eyes up here Lover Boy.” She teased him softly. She thought about his question good and long before answering. “I’m with a group now, so however long they want to stay. Aisling and I have dates set up to sing and dance in Nisshoki. We’ve been paying for our room that way but she may or may not be dating my brother Ash now.” She joked with him softly once more.

“You shouldn’t be afraid of getting scolded. I know it is rough but you can get through it like you always have.” She moved her tanned hand up and pushed his dark hair. “You’ve always been the stronger of the two of us.”

She took a moment to have him turn her with his hands got too comfortable on her. “You look good Naota. Much better than the last time I seen you.” She got daring and dipped him low before spinning him out. “I’ll be Nisshoki for a while if you need to take care of business and find me to talk. Gods know Aisling and Ash will be in Menomori all evening.” She pouted a bit. “I don’t know what Ramla is doing either but that’s why I’m out here after all.”

Taking her time, she parted from him to collect her sitar. “You are going to your parents aren’t you?” She had remembered their talks long and well. “You know you don’t have to go right away, I never did like how they scolded you in the talks we’ve had about them.” Ever concerned was Holly as she stared at him with a guilty face. “Besides there’s a good tea house I’ve found.”

The very core of life

Naota

Character Info
He found himself smiling as they continued and even laughed when she playfully dipped him.  This was the Holly he remembered from so many decades ago.  This was the Holly he was glad to see taking anchor in her life.  Maybe this meant their friendship would be easier now, there was always an underlying pulse of hostility for one reason or another, and stress had followed them, but things always had a chance to go smoother…And Torinasu was completely calm.  Good. “I can’t begin to explain how much I would like to stay here with you and share a kettle, catch up on old things, but I fear I’ll be detained for an unforeseen amount of time.”

He sighed, ending their dance despite how the song had yet to stop.  “I’m glad that you’re happy, that your troupe has been more than fair to you.”   He remembered how at one time there had been a foolish man that had dared laid a hand on her, his steel finding its way into her flesh instead of Naota’s.  That was no place for her to be. “I’m also happy to see your family growing.  And a male at that, he must have had an interesting upbringing.”   He smiled, lightly teasing since the Rosenites were known for their fruition in women.

“If you don’t mind the possibility of a late meeting then I’ll seek you out.  Just let me know where all of you are staying…leave a lantern in your window if you’re still awake.”   He stepped back from her, taking her in for a moment longer…he didn’t want her to lose her happy place in life. “I don’t know if stronger is the best word to use for me.  Perhaps more stubborn.”   After all, once he was set in his ways, it was quite a feat to get him to change course.

God Rules:
Holly

Character Info
“Oh pish posh, I’ve seen you get out of things worse than that.” She smirked up at him as if trying to cheer him up. “You got out of a relationship with me, for example.” She wasn’t upset about it, she rather seemed happy like she closed a chapter to her life.

A laugh left the young Rosenites lips. “It’s not really a troupe as it is a group of people with a common goal. Aisling and I are the only bards but Ramla is traveling with us to see Parvpora.” She shook her head. “Timedeath had a lot on both of us Naota but not for others. Ash is actually my older brother, he was born before me. I just don’t speak of my brothers often enough for you to know of them. He is also a paladin, a man of faith so to speak. He does good work for our mother.”

She tilted her head at him. “Purple light, we’re staying at Blue Sun Inn, and purple light will be the color of my lantern. I’ll try to stay away but if I’m not just sneak in and wake me up. We have plenty to catch up on and I’m not ready to say see you later just yet. We’ll dance again since I am certain Aisling won’t be back tonight. Her and Ash have those eyes we use to give each other.” She chuckled. “It is sort of cute.”

“So purple lantern. Don’t be too late and make sure you show up. You owe me.” She was giving him a hard time but there was always a smile on her face. “Don’t give in to them Naota. Stubborn or not you are a good person.”

The very core of life

Naota

Character Info
His eyes blinked open wider with a shocked laugh, light warmth rushed into his cheeks from how bluntly she had spoken of their past.  The laugh grew and his smile came even easier than it had thus far.  His eyes softened, suddenly wanting to embrace her.  He missed his friend…He didn’t like the rift that had formed between them during their troubling times.  Even if Holly was no longer a lover or romantic interest…he still considered her a very dear friend and didn’t want to risk losing that again.  Before he could stop himself he moved forward, wrapping her up in a tight hug.  Thank you… Despite what they’d gone through, what he’d put her through, what she’d in turn put him through, she’d still done many things to help him and no amount of negativity could erase that fact.

He pulled back from her, suddenly aware of himself, and clasped his hands behind his back sheepishly as he listened to her continue, glad to hear of the upwards path her life was now following.  She deserved that.  As she spoke of her elder brother he tried to picture a male Rosenite in Angela’s halls.  There was something haunting about it.  Even though he knew that males were possible, he’d never met one before.  What was he like…?  Who was his father…?  Suddenly he was aware of the stories that Holly and her mother had told him about men that used Rosenite women as play things…Though he doubted any man was stupid enough to cross The Mother, he knew that it was still possible.

Blue Sun Inn.  Purple light.  He committed it to memory.  It wasn’t an establishment he was familiar with, but hopefully it would be easy enough to find.  As strange as it was, he knew he could always try and locate her by aura or her scent…Not something he usually did as it made him feel too animalistic for his liking.  Half demon or not, he didn’t like acknowledging that side of himself.  He was about to speak against waking her, but as she spoke about wanting to catch up with him, how she wasn’t ready to say goodbye again so soon, well…needless to say the words never left his lips.

His softened more, yes, fresh love was endearing.  He couldn’t remember the last time he had felt anything even resembling it.  Lust yes, plenty of times over, but romance…?  Probably not in at least twenty years, if not longer.  He smiled again, “I will be there.  And stop worrying about me, worry about your dancing and having fun until we see each other again tonight.”   He reached out a hand, gently taking a lock of her hair between his fingers and holding it there briefly before letting it go.

As he walked backwards away from her his eyebrows rose and he pointed directly at her, “Stay safe.  I’ll never stop saying it.”  He smiled once more before turning and going back in the direction he had come from, towards the labyrinth of paths that would lead him further out of town and closer to his home; the feel of her hair still fresh on his fingertips.

God Rules: