Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Arri, The Desert Rose > Horae Island > In Search of A Song [Open]
maffleet

Character Info
Name: Jake Arellano
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Bard
Silver: 1156
It could not be said that Jake enjoyed boat travel, he often got seasick especially when the water got rough which unfortunately they were. So instead of looking out adventerously over the front of the boat on the final day of the voyage he was clinging to the side of the boat. In a desperate attempt to stop his breakfast from making a return trip Jake slowly moved to the front of the boat. Then he began gazing over the horizon hoping to see the island and the giant tree on it maybe it would distract him from his current predicament. This turned out to be a rather poor decision as it was rather stormy that day, as such he could not see the island. Another side effect of this journey to the front of the boat was that he finally lost his breakfast as the front of the boat was actually bumpier than the middle of it. Well the silver lining was that while the storm blocked his view one of the crewman told him they couldn't be more than a few hours away from the island.

Jake then slowly moved down below deck and sat with his hands covering his face waiting for the ship to land. Eventually the ship did make its way ashore the young bard would have jumped with joy, that is if the aforementioned sea sickness had passed which it hadn't. So he got off the ship looking quite pale and looked around and found a place to lie down for a bit until he felt a bit better. While laying down was probably the smart decision Jake really just wanted to get to looking around, he had come to the island hoping to write a song about one of the places he had heard of. This place was referred to as The Terra Section and apparently had a rather odd colored castle in it. He decided that after his lightheadedness had passed he would head there, even if he didn't know where it was.

Always have a song in your heart and a drink in your stomach.

Jake can only cast magic through playing music.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.
Rhea

Character Info
Name: Rhea
Alignment: TN
Race: Siren Mixture
Class: Dreamweaver
Silver: 117

This peculiar island had done nothing but bring excitement to the younger Goddess. How had she not even noticed such a thing? It was probably because she put so much trust into her Aunt that she had never tried to look through the other Goddess’s magic. She liked the idea of a nice surprise here and there.  She had only spent most her time in the sector of terra. She wanted to make her way towards the rainforest that separated it from Ignius but she had once again found herself completely sidetracked. While, yes, she was in the rainforest, it was not going to be any time soon that she was about to leave it to see what laid on the other side.

The travel through the meadow had taken longer than it probably would have for someone on a mission. She had never been completely big on the plants in general. She held a kindness for them but she couldn’t find herself sidetracked looking at each one. It was more she could not help but enjoy the large open space that the meadow created. She had already seen a few people in her travel around the terra section. It seemed that she was not the only one who decided to come to this area and she would not be the last.

The rainforest was much more pleasant to Rhea, however, with the thick covering. There was a beautiful darkness that blanketed the world around her. The plants grew up lush in the water of the area, but the overgrowth also helped to bring confusion to where she needed to go. In the blunt terms, she found herself completely lost walking through the rainforest. Her curiosity had begun to shift from praises to curses.

”I rather be back in my cave at this point.” The Goddess had turned to grumbling to herself as she leaned her back against one of the thick trees. Her head hit back softly into the trunk and she ran her hand over her face. With one easy move, she brought dirt sliding across her cheek. Her pants and boots had a nice layer of plant debris and dirt, so her face only came to match then.

Normally, the Goddess was known for her class and beauty but she was looking far from the woman they knew. It was odd enough that she was adorning something other than a dress and now she was covered in a nice layer of dirt. It was too the point, she would probably need a hand finding her way anywhere through this forest.

My Active Threads
-pm if you don't see your thread!-
maffleet

Character Info
The seasickness subsided after a while, it's hard to tell how long as soon after the landing Jake began to fall asleep. Once he awoke he wandered around aimlessly for a bit; taking in the scenery and asking any passersby's as to how to get to the Terra Section. The answer he got didn't fill him with joy the fastest way from where he currently stood was to go through the Ignius Section. Heat the first words to cross Jake's mind was heat, Ignius reminded him a lot of a desert though with more life. Deserts as it stood as Jake's most hated place after getting lost and almost dying in one a few years back. However his determination to reach his destination in as quick a time as possible left him with little other choice. So he fashioned his cloak into a strange hat and made his way through Ignius as fast as he could.

While usually able to find the good in everywhere he went places like Ignius left a bad taste in his mouth leaving the young bard rather unhappy about his surroundings. As such he attempted to find the shortest possible path through the area. Jake did come across what appeared to be some natives of the area; though before any words left his mouth they had already made themselves scarce. "Great" he said to himself well, trailblazing was one of his favorite tasks so Jake decided to climb one of the few trees he saw. Once he reached the top of the old tree he saw a long patch of green off in the distance, which he assumed to be Terra. Though there was a problem, a river which he saw no noticeable way across so he scurried down the tree and made his way to the riverbed. 

As he got close however he saw what looked like a deer with horns get grabbed by a rather strange log looking creature into the water. What more learned people call a crocodile, the way that he saw the crocodile dispatch the horned deer did not fill Jake with confidence. Unwilling to turn back Jake told himself what his mentor had told him years ago "every great tale is fraught with danger, whether it be mental or physical its not interesting if everything goes smoothly.". So he got in the river and swam with a speed only possible of a person who truly feared what lay below the surface. After another hour or so of walking Jake managed to reach the rain forest; he embraced the greenery like a long lost lover. After walking for a bit longer Jake finally decided to make camp is it was beginning to get dark. Though it was harder to see the sun in the forest as much of the suns rays were blocked by the branches.

Rhea

Character Info
Which way was right? Her lips pressed together with annoyance as she glanced from one side to another. There had to be some way for her to figure her way through this rainforest. She had no issues with the rest of the world, but she had grown up here. This island was new and bizarre to her. In all rights, it reminded her a little of her aunt. The strong bizarre nature of this island was a perfect match for her. A giggle escaped her lips at the thought but it was, sadly, not enough to stop her reminder that she was lost.

”No, no, no.” Rhea grumbled as she just began to stare up at the sky. It was then that it dawned on her why she was unable to figure her way through this world. Her mother had always trained her to use the sun to tell her which way to go, but there was no way for her to see the sun underneath the thick trees. It seemed even the hilarious thought of comparing horrible things to her aunt was not enough to stop the annoyance that was actually around her.

Shaking her head, the Goddess continued her journey through the rain forest. There was only a few more steps before she realized her feet were not the only noise in the forest. Everything disappeared in an instant as her eyes turned sharp towards the world around her. It was not the idea of there being other people that caused the caution to strike high but it was the fact that there were probably animals that would make this adventure far from fun.

A dark smirk took over her lips as she let her steps slow and become almost silent if not for the soft crackle of the dead leaves below. She did not speak out as she tracked the noise but remained deadly silent. It was almost as if it had turned into a game for her as she tried to find out where the noise came from.  It did not take long for her eyes to fall upon the sight of a man. It only helped for her smile to grow.

”Are you lost or on an amazing adventure?” Rhea questioned out from her position in the shadow of the trees. She was curious if he had heard coming and was able to place where she was watching him from. She was never one to introduce herself to someone in a normal way. She had caused a huge scene in the middle of a city before to get one man to pay attention to her before. She loved the attention.

My Active Threads
maffleet

Character Info
The canopy of the rain forest was glorious to look at and think about. It blocked out most if not all of the sunlight yet many plants still grew below it. He could stare at it for hours and not get bored; though his admiration of the canopy was interrupted by someones voice.  Jake damn near jumped into the trees he'd been looking at when he heard the voice; he hadn't been expecting to come across anyone else in a place like this. Jake quickly scanned around to see if he could find the person, he caught a silhouette of a person nearby. "That's hardly a question, the most amazing adventures happen when I am lost." he thought for a moment then continued with "Besides if everyone knew where they were going nobody would find anything new, which frankly ruins the point of an adventure."

Having readjusted to the lack of light Jake could at least make out the fact that the question giver was in fact a woman. Which arguably one could tell from the voice but assuming is not a good idea. Especially when your trade revolves around making others happy, which they tend not to be when you confuse a man for a woman or vice versa. Either way Jake was wondering what this person was doing in the jungle; she was obviously here for a reason though he could not tell what it was. "So what brings you to the jungle, I can only assume you're on your own amazingly lost adventure." He said grinning like an idiot.

Rhea

Character Info
To her own personal amusement, it appeared that she had caught the man by surprise. It only helped her cheshire-like smile grow. His eyes seemed to land on her but she could not make out from his gaze if he actually saw her through the shadows of the rainforest. The woman would need to decide if she wanted to show herself right away. She knew nothing about this man but she was curious about who would be out in the middle of nowhere like herself. She was far enough away that she could barely make him out under the shade, so it only helped her want to step out into view grow. They both were unable to truly know who they were speaking to.

”Well, you caught me. That is quite right. I like your clever tongue.” Rhea mused back out to him. She shifted a little towards him letting the speckles of the light from above finally land on her curving figure. It was enough to let him get a glimmer of what she looked like completely before one step more and she disappeared into the shade once more. It was clear that she was toying with him now using the natural shadows to her advantage. The closer she got to him, the easier it was for her eyes to adapt to the lack of light and allow her to really see him. He was a rather handsome man from what she could see. She was intrigued more.

”You want to know my story?” She responded with a giggle. She leaned against one of the trees just letting her eyes trail him over. Did she really want to let him know? She was not about to let her true aura glow just in case he could read her. The last thing she wanted him to know was her divinity. She liked being known as just a normal person. It gave them a chance to know the young girl before being fearful because of her position among the Gods. She did want to answer his question, though.

”I must admit I am. I have already been through one of the sections of this island. I am working my way towards the next but I found myself walking in circles in this rainforest. I have heard the rumors of something interesting in here. I may be hoping that I would accidentally find it. How about you, Sir Traveler?” There was curious tone to her soft voice as she spoke. Her voice itself was enchanting and peaceful, which made perfect sense if he knew of her siren heritage. Her head still cocked to the side as she questioned him, even if he could not see her. She could never help the actions her body took when she was speaking. For all she knew, he could not see her still and she was going it for nothing.

My Active Threads
maffleet

Character Info
This woman's voice was truly enchanting, it was like that of a long forgotten favorite song. Jake thought for a moment about whether he wanted to tell this person the whole truth or just half of it. As it stood she seemed to be actively trying to avoid being seen, she could have some ulterior motive for talking with him. Jake however was trusting of strangers and saw no harm in revealing his plans, after all it's not like they mattered to anyone but him. "If you're really interested in my plans, I came here to find an odd colored castle and write a song about it and its former inhabitants". "Though If I'm being honest I haven't the foggiest idea of where it is besides the fact that it resides in this rain forest. Which is only a tiny bit helpful considering how easy it is to get lost in them".

With how dark it was getting Jake decided to light a fire so he could cook his dinner, and possibly get a better look at this girl. He had already set up the pit earlier but decided to wait until it got darker to actually light it. After rifling through his backpack and his pockets he realized that his flint and tinder had gone missing. He could ask the girl who Jake was for now just trying his best to ignore; at least until he got the fire going. He sighed and pulled out his lute, why not just out your self as a magic user to light a fire he thought to himself. After starting to strum his lute he began to feel the usual rise in temperature that came along whenever he used magic; he stopped playing after only a few notes and a large spark flew into the logs lighting them. He then leaned his lute against the tree turned towards where the woman had been standing and said "By the way, my names Jake its a pleasure to sort of meet you." after which he made a small bow and sat back down to start cooking his supper.