Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Arri, The Desert Rose > Horae Island > Snowflowers and spring showers
Violet

Character Info
Name: Violet Mentis
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Cleric - Apothecary
Silver: 129
The letter was waiting for her when she returned to her shoppe early in the morning. Violet assumed the messenger had left it and quickly moved onto deliver other letters to other people, so she did not blame him for being so hasty in depositing the note on the door and departing quickly. The whole city was atwitter with the news of a celebration, enough that Violet knew she would have to move quickly if she wanted to make the airship in time. It would likely soon be full and ready to depart; grabbing her staff and cloak quickly, she was out the door without a second thought. In her hurry, she had crumbled the letter in the center with her fist, but on her way to the station where the airship awaited her, Violet smoothed the invitation out.

She had missed the events of the Time Death, but with everyone discussing what had happened as they traveled into the city for trade, Violet was capable of piecing together the information presented to her, but it was rather difficult and made her more upset at the fact that her whole city had barely managed to be caught up in the horror of it all. She did not envy those elsewhere, and this celebration meant less to her than it did the others. However, Mamlak was quite far from Arri all things considering, even by horseback or sea, so instead she would have to travel via airship, it only made sense. Especially considering how isolated they were from the rest of the cold, hard world.

And what a cold world it would be, Violet knew better than to travel without her cloak now. She was used to the summery feel of the desert; her journey to another continent had proved to make her wary for the rest of her days. Mamlak lived in perpetual summer year long, Violet was a bit too excited to see snow for the first time, and considering the air of the invitation, she would get just that soon.
A large plank of wood led up to the airship, it was small compared to the others she had traveled on in the past, but she doubted many people from Mamlak would be willing to travel so far and without caution. Violet had the adventurous spirit; it was not something the people in the city shared with her. Using her staff, she parted the thick crowd looking slackjawed up at the vessel. “Excuse me, please let me through.” She said as she pushed people aside in a hurry. She would not be left behind if she could help it.

As she began to walk up the wooden bridge to the airship a voice rang out in to her. The tone was one that she recognized instantly. “Violet Petunia Dandelion Mentis you get back down here this instant!” She took a deep breath before turning to look at the source of such anger. When her blue eyes found those of her mother, she frowned deeply and made a choice for herself right in the moment. “No.” She said finally, which made her mother even angrier. “She is the Mother of Everything. She is divine, and she invited everyone, including me. I will go as it suits me, and you will not stop me. I am not longer a child, Mother, and if she wished to kill us, she need only to show up in center of Mamlak to do so.” Violet paused to motion to a large statue of a lion, “By the Great Lion I am going and you will not stop me.”

Gasps filled the crowd as Violet began to ignore her mother and continued to get on the ship which was getting ready to leave. Slowly the people lingering with self-doubt began to climb the plank onto the airship just before it left.

It took this long in the journey for Violet to realize she was not particularly a fan of the rocking motion that the airship made in the air current; Even over the particularly beautiful wastelands and desert she could not be bothered to enjoy the scenery, instead she emptied the contents of her stomach thrice. Even when there was nothing left she continued to dry heave over the side of the ship. When the island finally came into view and the airship began to slow it’s speed in order to descend on the Island, people moved forward to catch glimpses of the strange weather on the vegetation, Violet was mostly uninterested for the time being.

When they did finally land, she sat for a moment with her back to the banister, only when one of the crew members came and helped her up did she make her way to a grassy area to regain her land legs. After a few minutes of breathing in deep the salty air was she able to get to her feet with the help of her staff. Looking around with fresh, new eyes she smiled brightly. Blossoms bloomed next to icicles which dripped next to falling leafs; it was enough to inspire awe in Violet as she moved closer. That was until she noticed one of the large Arriese hydra with Roses upon its head. She approached cautiously, the petals and leafs would be perfect for her experiments to discover the potion of youth. Reaching forward she plucked one of the petals from the top of the hyra’s head before find herself sprawling through the air.

Caution was not enough to protect her from the wrath of the beast. Likely she had wounded the poor animal by taking one of the petals from the roses. Laying on the lush spring grass, Violet waited for the world to stop spinning before she opened her eyes again.

Rhea

Character Info
Name: Rhea
Alignment: TN
Race: Siren Mixture
Class: Dreamweaver
Silver: 117
This was the one of the things that the Goddess loved the most. The feeling of the air dancing against her cheeks and her hair throwing wildly around her. She adored more than anything being deep underground or extremely high in the air. If the Goddess owned the ability to fly high in the sky, she probably would never come down. There had been a moment when Rhea had first arose to the position when she had almost created an island above the clouds but the effects it had on people were more annoying than going deep underground. People could easily find themselves very sick by the moving of any kind of boat or creature. It was not something she owned but it was something she did not wish on someone who came to visit her. So, instead she just made that walk a long while to get to her and maybe get lost a few times.

The feeling of being so high in the air on the airship was only a fleeting feeling, however. In no time, the ship had situated itself over the lush terra section. Rhea thanked the woman with a soft kiss against her cheek before jumping from the ship. Her hair was pulled into a tight ponytail but it did not stop her curls from dancing crazy around her as she fell. For once, the Goddess was not wearing some sort of dress. Her feet were covered in thick boots to go with her pants and loose tunic. While falling, she almost lost her tunic a couple times because of how loose she wore it but she really could have cared less.

When Rhea began to reach the surface of the island, her hazel eyes shifted a rich and bright emerald. The wind around her began to shift and for a moment it appeared as if the air crafted wings along her back. It only lasted for a small moment before disappearing as she landed safely on the ground. She loved using her wind weaving, but she was bad at overdoing the theatrics of it all and waste more magic than needed. She landed safely on her feet with a large grin stuck to her lips.

The Goddess had not even taken noticed to the girl laying go the ground as she began walking circles talking to herself excitedly. ”Oh my god, that was amazing. If only Captain Ruby could send down a line. I would love to do that again. I am so glad she told me about that. I would have never thought to do something like that wind weaving!” Her feet finally stopped as she just watched the airship drift away back towards the mainland. Her entrance was probably not what her aunt had figured for people to do to get there, but it was enough to make Rhea want to run all the way up the steep mountains in the distance.

My Active Threads
-pm if you don't see your thread!-