Archive Home > Archives > 2022 Archives > The Obscure Bastion > (GO, R) Unwanted Attention
Wild_Fire

Character Info
Name: Carter
Alignment: CN
Race: Caster
Class: Scavenger
Silver: 0
"C'mon C'mon C'mon!!! We were sure it was just this way!" A small albino rabbit, no bigger than the size of a cat bounded from the bushes, followed by another rabbit, and then a small girl. "You ain't better not be wastin' m' time. Ya know how much I hate temples. My wanted posters are practically eng'aved in every single deity's head b' now, I reckon." The girl stated. "Well, maybe if you hadn't tried to burn cities down-" "Shut it, Pok." The girl snapped. "Just tell me where the squirrel took your pendants." The girl, now stood below a tall tree in the deeper parts of the forest, where the light barely shown though.

"Right through those berry bushes, miss!" Pik hopped up and down, while Pok thumbed his foot. "We want our pendants back, miss!!!" The girl put her giant metal hands on her hips. "And if I do this for you, will you let me go 'ome?" The two bunnies hopped up and down, excitedly squealing. "Ok, but you two'd better git straight 'ome. Ya 'hear?" The girls metal arms shot forward, at lighting speed, as she pulled something out of a bush. "Thats him, miss!!! That's the squirrel who took our pendant!!! The girl began squeezing her metal hands together, as two black and red pendants dropped to the ground. The bunnies snatched them up quickly, and ran off. "We'll be awaiting your arrival at home, miss!!!" Pok called, before both creatures disappeared into a log. "An' ya'll better git straight 'ome, ya 'hear?" The girl called after them. 

A sickening crunch rang out through the forest, as the girl kept closing her hands tighter and tighter. Soon enough, a red liquid squeezed from between her metallic fingers. She opened her hands, and let the furry, blooded, and disfigured carcass of a squirrel drop to the ground at her feet. "Ugh, disgusting." She said, kicking it away. She took a leaf, and wiped off the blood from her metallic hands. "Ugh, c'mon Carter. Can't go 'ome yet, girl. Gotta find a stream an' clean this gunk off." The girl (Or Carter, if you want to be specific) picked up her feet, and began walking deeper into the forest.

As she walked, she found herself thinking about the entity stowed away inside her. She never asked for it, but she got it anyways. She got the power she desired, only to have it sucked from her very being. And along with that entities magic, her own magic abilities were also stripped from her body. The ears on the hood of her dress now stood straight up, as they pivoted, searching for the sound of running water. "It should be… right…" Wandering in-between the tight spaces of two trees, she came to a small water fall within the rocks. "Far from perfect, but It'll do." She said, and took a cloth out from her pocket, and dipped it under the water.

As she finished gently cleaning her robotic arms, she stood up, and brushed herself off. As she tried to pick up the distant sounds of Pik and Pok laughing, something else caught her attention. Something was walking through the brush. She jumped silently into a tree, hidden by the dark shade of the tree. An elf stalked into her field of vision. "Easy meal." She thought. She stalked through the trees like a panther, making her way behind the elk, as it bent down to take a drink. "Oh.. big mistake.. very big mistake.." She said under her breath, and pounced on the creature. 

It instantly began to run and try to throw her, but the claws on her robotic arms dug into they preys back, as she delivered the final blow to the creatures neck with her wolf like teeth, and tore out a large chunk of its neck. The elk cried out one last time, before falling to the ground. Climbing off the creature she wiped the blood from her mouth, as the blood on her claws was absorbed into one of the tanks on her back. She hesitated for a moment, before leaving the elks body, and attempting to walk out of the forest. But she only walked deeper, and right into the hands of the last person she would want to meet.

Memento et non morieris
(Remember you will die)