Archive Home > Archives > 2020 Archives > Ormë Observatory > Work Project [P]
Dala

Character Info
Name: Dala
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Student
Silver: 11882
In a large room in the temple, Dala was deep in her studies. As in she made a book fort believing it would help her read better. The book she had in her hands was a large instructional guide for young nobles on the structure of a successful town. A piece of paper next to her was a map drawn up in crayon of her future city. The city would start small and expand but the core of it had to be mapped out, otherwise the city could turn into a mess. The book gave an assignment to the reader, instructing them to build a model for their city as a way to show potential investors what they'd be helping with.

The child raced around her room, gathering a variety of supplies. She got a pair of scissors and cardboard to begin but the last thing she needed was a bottle of glue. Dala picked up her drawing of the map and looked at it with concern. There would be a lot of small pieces and this would take her even longer than taking notes would. Suddenly, an idea came to the child's head. She jumped out of her book fort and raced out of her room, going towards her mother's room.

Once she got there, she knocked on the door and waited. Her mother would know all about how to put crafts together! After all she was the best with creating medicines, perhaps she could help with the project. The idea of her mom helping on a project excited the girl. She'd heard it was a thing that children did with their parents and it was something Dala always wanted to do.

"Mommy?" She called out.

Alairia

Character Info
Name: Alairia
Alignment: TG
Race: Human/Elf
Class: Healer
Silver: 2727
The flowers around the Temple were in desperate need of a freshening. Some of them were beyond the help of extra water. Alairia walked about Orme Observatory taking note of where a new set of bouquets were in need, or just a watering. She could have let the servants in the temple handle such a simple task, but she wanted to take a stroll around the property. Keeping busy helped keep her mind from flying in a million directions at once. Despite her open and warm personality there were still some secrets that even she tended to keep from those closest to her. As she walked slowly room to room she bit her lower lip lightly. Later Alairia would realize that her tally of flowers was going to be horrifically inaccurate. Stress while counting never went together well.

In the end, the Consort of the Heavens decided to give up on the task to return to her quarters. There she curled upon on the long couch that was pushed up beneath a large window. It was one of her favorite places in the entire building. Here was where she could read while overseeing the heavens as night fell over Orme. Absolutely stunning. It was also there that she would snuggle with Dala at night when Raith would work late on certain projects that could only be handled during the twilight hours. Alairia smiled gently as her hazel eyes gazed out the window. The child had brought great joy into the couple’s lives. She was a fierce little wolf that would grow to be a beautiful and strong leader one day. Ria could only hope that this path Dala was on would lead to one of safety. Considering who the child was personality-wise, it was not going to be a life that would allow Alairia to not worry. Either way, Raith and Alairia were going to be there to support their daughter.

Legs were tucked up upon the couch hidden away beneath her light blue dress. It was a light material as usual considering the heat difference that could change within the temple on a moment’s notice depending on Raith’s mood. When the knock was audible on the door the mother already knew who it was. A different expression crossed her delicate features.

Swinging her legs off the couch onto the cool floor, Alairia stood up to open the door. Alairia looked upon her daughter with an expression of such love. ”Dala dear, what are you so excited about today?” The half-elf shifted out of the way to usher the girl into the room. A light hand rested upon Little Wolf’s shoulder to guide her towards the couch to take a seat. ”Now, tell me what you need my dear.” Her voice was gentler than usual, yet still full of adoration.

Dala

Character Info
Name: Dala
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Student
Silver: 11882
"Well I was working on a project," Dala began, "ThenthereweresomanypiecesandIcouldn'tfigureouthowtogethemtogetherso-"

Her excitement got the better of her which made her words all a jumble. Realizing that her mom probably couldn't understand a word she was saying, the child calmed down and took a deep breath. She hopped onto the couch and stood on it while looking at Alairia with a big smile.

"I have a project assigned by my books." She explained, "I need to assemble model of a city….Can I have your help?"

Dala had a feeling she wouldn't have needed to ask. There wasn't much to do in the temple when Raith wasn't around and her mother was always there. Sometimes the child felt like she was forgetting what it was like to be on her own. Maybe that was a good thing. Lonliness was a storm best kept away. Dala put her hands on her hips and had a confident smile.

"And to sweeten the deal, I'm gonna bake cookies afterwards as a way to reward ourselves!" Dala said.

Eating anything that Dala made was the quickest way to get food poisoning. It wasn't that she wasn't following the instructions, she was just incredibly enthusiastic about it. Most of her baked goods ended up having too much one one ingredient, burnt, or somehow ended up sticking to the ceiling. But Dala only saw that as a challenge and was determined to continue cooking.

"So, will you help?" Dala asked, bouncing up and down on the couch.