Archive Home > Archives > 2019 Archives > Tar Eisalae: the Temple Library > An Overdue Visit[GO, R]
Aegis

Character Info
Name: Zanar Arowin
Alignment: TN
Race: Werebear
Class: Deity
Silver: 10002
It felt like it had been ages since Zanar had visited the temple of one of his fellow deities, his last memory was delivering the now deceased Dalanesca to Luxuria. Yet, either they had sent gifts or traveled to welcome him into the conclave, which brought him to his current location. Adraejen had been the second one to welcome him after Angela had randomly shouted out that Kalyani had been pregnant to everyone in attendance at the feast he had thrown for the goddess. He was grateful they both had shown up, even if afterward the visit did not last long. They did not chat much that day, nor have spoke to each other much since then, Zanar felt it was finally time to meet another of the conclave.

Zanar chuckled to himself as he eyed the temple entrance. ”Seems we all have a keen fascination of using a door as the primary trial.” He seemed to be overly amused at this fact, already knowing the key to unlocking it. A simple riddle was to be solved, an apt trial for those seeking the knowledge that sheltered itself behind the door. ”Only I know the secret. Yet I believe it does.” The god ran his hand along with the letters of the door before finally pushing in the lone I. It pressed flush against the rest of the stone and they started to open.

He was sure the God already knew that Zanar had entered his realm. He did not mind waiting for Adraejen to finish whatever tasks that he needed to do before coming to greet him. This gave the curious god ample time to be able to explore the Library as he saw fit. Who knows, perhaps he would get lost reading the tomes within. Zanar moved through the simple mural laden entrance way to the first archway. He stepped past the book and caught a glimpse of it starting to write his name in the next blank space. His name finally etched within its pages.

He was admittedly taken away by the initial size of the Main Library when he entered through the small walkway. It was also far brighter than he imagined also, as he had always seen most lit by dim candlelight barely giving patrons the light needed to glance over the pages. This though was lit not only by the sunstones but the massive observation window on the roof. It felt far more pleasing and welcoming which he appreciated.

Zanar did not know where to start, or even what to look for. Wasn’t until he caught a glimpse of the pedestal before the central tree. He made his way towards it, and the ornate tome that rested upon it opened and its pages started to turn. In the back of his mind, there was one thing that he wanted to do some research on, and that was the magic his old foes before his ascension used. ”Dark light, the binding of shadow and light into one. Might be simple to some but I was never a magical scholar.” He spoke softly to himself, and in response, the tome turned to a page.

The god’s eye took notice of a strand that seemed to appear from the pages, and he took a hold of it without question. It seemed to flow to different parts of the library. An interesting choice of a guide it was also a perfect opportunity for him to waste some time before Adraejen found him.

Zanar is the God of The Endless Hunt and Boundless Wilds

Zanar's God Powers are as Followed:
i. Can Track Anything in the world, no matter where they may go.
ii. Can see and strike the weak points of his prey, allowing for a clean kill
iii. Can use the ability of any beast of the wild, or give that ability to another.
Limited GM of my character is always allowed!
Porthyrius

Character Info
Name: Adraejen "Drae" Porthyrius
Alignment: CN
Race: Half Elf Were Bear
Class: Blade Pact Warlock of the Fiend
Silver: 49802
The Keeper stood in the Occulus, surrounded by a nebula of stars, charting constellations and celestial bodies. 
"Iris, make note that there is an meteor cluster in this quadrant that should be breaching our skies in the next fortnight. It will make quite the show." 
"Yes, Master," Iris said with a nod as she made note on the chart that was lain out across Drae's desk. Drae moved the sky around in a rush of celestial light to get a better look at the areas around Revaliir's twin moons. As he did he felt his senses prickle as another entity as powerful as he was entered Tar Eisalae. He turned and looked at Iris. 

"There is a visitor I must attend to. Finish up here and then go ahead back to Sularia," he said as he turned and vanished from the Occulus. The Keeper's Avatar finished up the chart before she waved a hand and the starscape vanished and left the crystal domed room filled with warm sunlight. She turned and vanished into a gate that took her back to Sularia. 

Drae appeared with a slight breeze behind Zanar. 
"Well, well, well. I never thought I'd see the day that I'd find you in a library, let alone my own," Drae chuckled. "To what do I owe the honor, brother Zanar?"

Aegis

Character Info
He had gone from manuscript to manuscript, some of them he had to put away immediately as they were in script that he was not familiar with, but the ones that he had been he made sure to read the passages that were of interest to the topic that he sought. He was amazed by how the rows and rows of books just seemed to span on far past than what they eye shown. He attributed it to the use of spatial magic, again something that all the gods were keen on using. He did manage to find on that caught his interest more.

He sighed in a little bit of disappointment though as he started to read through the pages. It seemed like the magic that they used was nothing out of the ordinary but rather the combination of elements. Perhaps they were just trying to get rid of each elements respective weaknesses by combining them. He racked his brain as his eye read page after page. He could get lost in its pages and probably would if he didn’t feel the chill of a small gust.

”So that must be what it feels when I do the same to those who enter Flidais,” He remarked closing the tome that he was reading, and placing it carefully back into its home on the shelves. ”Well met Adraejen,” He turned to greet his brother god. ”I will have you know, leading a mercenary trope required me to spend plenty of time in halls such as these. Especially since that lot never had bothered to learn tactics themselves. Frustrating as it was I did enjoy it,” he joked, ”Though none were as grand or inviting as what you have built here.

The god turned and looked again at the sights of Tar Eisalae, and a slight smiled cam to his face. ”It is good to see you well especially with all that has befallen upon this star as of late. It is good to speak on more casual terms, been since the fast that we last truly spoke with each other.

iii. Can use the ability of any beast of the wild, or give that ability to another.
Porthyrius

Character Info
Drae chuckled and raised his hands to Zanar, indicating he meant no offense. 
"Well, I do aim to please. Though I don't know if I can take full credit for the design. Tar Eisalae seemed to have a very specific idea as to what it wanted to be when I ascended and it crashed down." 

Drae nodded solemnly. "A true shame that what happened had to happen. But it is past and we cannot change that. But I am glad to have the visit." 
The Keeper's stomach growled, reminding him it had been some hours since he had last eaten. He chuckled. "Well, if my stomach is growling, I can only imagine that yours may be doing the same. At the very least let me get you a drink," Drae said as he clapped Zanar on the shoulder. "To the kitchen I think, and you can tell me what has been going on. I am eager to hear about your wife and son." 

The Archmage lead the way through the shelves and guided his fellow Ursanthrope into the kitchens that were reserved for him, his family, and his clergy. He motioned to a stool so that Zanar could sit and waved his hand around. A large tankard flew off a hook and floated over to a massive keg of the finest mead, and filled until it was a frothy head, before it floated down onto the large cutting board square that served as both prep surface and table. Bread, cheese, and salted meats appeared on platters before them, as well as some seasonal vegetables and Drae settled down onto a stool across from Zanar, a glass of fine Sularian wine filling up in front of him. 

Aegis

Character Info
Zanar chuckled a little when he heard the growl from Adraejen’s stomach. “Oh, I can assure you that I am feeling the same. It was a journey to get here and I am not one to pack very well when I travel. So please lead the way.” He appreciated the hospitality that was shown, as he would do the same if a friend visited him as well. He did have to admit so far most of his brother’s and sister’s of the conclave had been more than welcoming when he dropped by.

He followed the Keeper through the books as he leads them to kitchens, furnishing both drinks and food for both of them. Zanar was not one to turn down a drink, especially if offered to him for free. ”One can never beat a drink amongst allies, always a good time.” He raised the tankard up and took a drink. The quality was definitely on the higher end of those that he had tasted. At least he knew this wouldn’t knock him out like the stuff Dalanesca had once brought to his halls.

”It has been a while since you last saw of Kalyani, she is doing well now that the child is born. The change of pace did not agree to well with her, as one who once used to wander being still in a single location would provide a shock,” a laugh escaped his lips though, ”It also did not help that fiery attitude of hers as well. I felt so bad for the clergy and midwives that tried to help her through it. The amount that I had to apologize to them is far to great for me to count.” He took an opportunity to take another drink and get more relaxed.

”Was a healthy birth, that I am thankful for, and the child is growing strong. Takes a lot after his mother that’s for sure. Thankfully Vale has yet to develop …her stronger side. I will admit, it is hard to juggle trying to be a father for the lad and the position that I was given.” He though had the perfect person to ask in front of him. ”How does one find that time? To be a father and a deity to this star? Any advice you could give a first-timer?”

Porthyrius

Character Info
"Then my larders should suit us well. I keep it well stocked. After all it has to be able to feed at least one bear a day," Drae chuckled as he lead Zanar to the kitchens. 

Drae raised his glass of wine to Zanar and joined in the toast before taking a sip. 

He leaned on the counter easily, allowing himself to be a bit more relaxed with Zanar as his fellow god told him how his wife was doing. "I am glad to hear that Kalyani is still herself. And I can imagine the difficulty," he said with a nod. He knew his wife's daughter's disposition well enough to know how she would have acted during childbirth. 
"A well behaved child… I only wish I had been so lucky," Drae laughed. 

He mulled over the question for a moment. "When I first married Angela… I knew I was marrying into a full family already. I had taken the time to know her younger children, Iva especially. They accepted me in, even if I was just another one of Angela's lovers at the time. This was before I became a God. I made it my priority to love the children and Angela. After I became a God, even then my family was priority. At the time, Rohan was born. That made the family all the more real." 

He looked at Zanar. "It is hard, don't get me wrong. But the Voice picked you because you have the strength to be able to handle both," he laughed. "Of course, I'm always happy to offer advice. Speaking of children… no doubt Angela has spoken to Kalyani and you about betrothal?"