Archive Home > Archives > 2019 Archives > Tar Eisalae: the Temple Library > Rough and Pretty [GO] [R]
Serci

Character Info
Name: Serci
Alignment: LN
Race: Human
Class: Merc
Silver: 3146
With a final whooshing sound of a blanket folding, Serci wiped the his forehead from the forming sweat. Tar Eisale had been over run with Angela's clergy, most of them having no other home than the gardens. While, Adreajen had been a gracious host, the temple wasn't meant to handle two clergy's. On the bright side, the wide, spacious library provided ample enough room for the templeless clergy, however, there was a quite chaos that surrounded the situation. Serci often laughed, picturing Adreajen as a peeved librarian, going to one person to the next telling them to quite down. Things certainly calmed down after the cause of Angela's disappearance was revealed.  The library was now clean, but hours before were littered with blankets and pillows for Angela's clergy to sleep.

"Well, that about does it." He quietly whispered as he sat down a nearby bench, taking a minute to his self as he caught his breath. Far across the other side, he saw Adreajen doing rounds in the library, no doubt upset slightly at the over crowding in the temple. Serci kept to his self, mostly. Whether it be taking care of the clergy or down right avoiding Adreajen. It wasn't that he didn't like Angela's husband, but more so his size and appearance was intimidating. In fact, he had much respect for Adreajen, and coveted his strength and knowledge. But nothing less, he kept his distance unless approached. 

After a few minutes to his self, he pushed his self off the bench and wandered the vast library. If he wasn't so busy, he would love to read a few of the numerous books that filled the library. The codex made it easy enough to find what ever he would want to read, but the clergy was his number one priority. As he found his self walking he noticed he and Adreajen were inevitably were going to cross paths. He warmly smiled, talking gently as they passed by.

"Well, good morning, Head master of the library. I'm sorry for the mess, I folded blankets as fast as I could. In a few hours, I will try to clear up some space and take some people on a hunting party, with your permission to hunt around your temple, of course." He said, eyes bright and attentive. In more recent times, he relied more and more on hunting, with his journey to visit the gods. In his youth, he was trained in archery and hunting, but more for sport, rather than survival, but it was enough to fill his stomach and hopefully help with the increased population situation of Tar Eisale. "How are you this morning?"
Porthyrius

Character Info
Name: Adraejen "Drae" Porthyrius
Alignment: CN
Race: Half Elf Were Bear
Class: Blade Pact Warlock of the Fiend
Silver: 49802
The bear was tired. He wasn't, but the bear was. Glaciem was hard that way. All the bear wanted to do was sleep, but the God attached could not afford to be slothful. Especially not with a temple full of 'homeless' clergy members from the mass evacuation of the Awakening Gardens. This, unfortunately made The Keeper a little snappish and grumpy, and while trying to remain patient with the relentless onslaught of questions, he definitely was coming off quite gruff. He could only answer "What happened?" or "Where is Lady Angela?" so many times: he did not know, and as soon as he did know, he would share any information he had with the rest of them. After getting a little short with one or two of the clergy, they had gotten the gist and started avoiding him, and just did their best to tend to duties around the Temple Library. Some of them even ventured to explore the nearby areas and towns since they had never been to Parvpora before. It helped to thinning out the crowds, but by nightfall all were back camped out on the main floor with every spare blanket and pillow. The children were having a blast with all the attention they were getting, and while they whined for their mother like all children do, the were reassured with many loves and kisses from their father as well as massive furry cuddles at night to make them feel safe.    

Drae had taken notice as he had gone about his work that Serci made it a point to keep out of his way. Drae didn't mind, at least he was keeping Angela's clergy tasked and in line, which at the moment was all he could really ask for. Tar Eisalae had informed him of the Champion's apprehensions, and Drae certainly had no intention of making him feel uncomfortable. They would talk when they had to. For now they were both busy.    

Eventually their paths did cross which was an inevitability. Drae looked much like he had just woken up from a nap, and was slightly disheveled, but he put on a smile for Serci as he was greeted and given an update.   "Wait… the larder is empty?" Drae asked, the notion of hunting making him realize he might have been neglecting making sure they were properly supplied. His appetite had been on the decline ever since Glaciem had come, and though the Jasumin Plains were locked in eternal Venti, the bear knew the difference. "Forgive me for not realizing, I haven't been eating much," he admitted. "The bear controls the appetite, and for the large part, it is in hibernation right now," he explained. He wasn't near as big and bulky as he had been when he and Serci had first met during Venti. With the bear sleeping, it meant that a lot of the bulk was being converted into the energy the god needed to function. By the time Terra came around, Drae would be as trim and slim as Serci was. Then he would have all of Ignius to bulk back up again. 

"Come with me, we'll check the state of the larders and make a plan from there. Most our food came from the Awakening Gardens, thanks to Angela, but now I realize that we may have to go elsewhere for our food. That's rather annoying," he said motioning for Serci to follow him through the rows and rows of bookshelves. "I don't know what changes the Voice has in mind for her… but I feel that her domain of Earth is slipping away," he told Serci as they left the main library and entered the larders and kitchen. Sure enough, stores were low now that there wasn't a constant resupply from the old Shrine. "Looks like we'll need to send to the local villages for supplies. We'll be able to get some good deals in Karith and Kurayo too. But hunting will definitely be needed. I'd rather not pay the dwarves for smoked meat, they are unreal in their prices," Drae grumbled. 

Serci

Character Info
Name: Serci
Alignment: LN
Race: Human
Class: Merc
Silver: 3146
Drea led Serci through a complicated series of book shelves and displays as they made their way to food storages to gauge their next move. Drea made polite conversation on their way, Serci's attention being caught as he talked about Angela's domains. "Are you not afraid?" He asked, his voice echoing his concerns. "I mean, what if she wakes up, and she is a completely different person?" He paused to round a series of corners and continue around a large book shelf. "I have it sort of easy. I mean, I serve Angela as her champion. While, in truth, I offered up my services in return for her clergy's services, I choose Angela because our ideas aline. If she wakes up a different person than she is now. A complete turn around from who she is now. With much grief, I can always leave. But with you, she's your wife." He said, speaking slow as he finished. "Forgive me, it's a thought that troubles me at night."

After a complicated maze, they finally entered the kitchen, and upon examination, the larders were indeed empty. "Ah, I actually had no idea we were in a dire postion." Surprised, he replied. He shifted his posture as he brought a hand to stroke his clean shaven chin. "I merely suggested a hunting party to clear up some space in the library but…" He trailed off as he thought up of a plan if action. "Hmmmm." He said in deep thought. "Well. The clergy is actually quite verstile. We are members of the earth after all. Many of us know basic fishing knots and how to hunt." He said, in a concentrated tone. "As for bargaining for goods, if this was Adeluna, I would pay for it for everything my self." He paused to look up to Adreajen, meeting his analytic eyes. "Do you know of my life before I served Angela? I was a noble. Even in my parents death my coffers still pour out from the seams. It would be no trouble, however, my influence dwindles the further away from Adeluna. I'm afraid here, I'm just another name." He said, in a monotone manner. 

"Follow me back to the Library, will you? He asked, as he attempted to navigate the pair back to the main hall were most of the clergy sat idle. Finding his way back was much eaiser than anticipated as within minutes He and Adreajen were back with in minutes. With grace, he walked his way to Head Clergy Phillips, with a tap of the shoulder, the heavy set man turned towards Serci with a huff. "Head Phillips, take a team of twenty or so able bodied volunteers and spend some time at the surrounding lakes and ponds." He paused, lowering his head so their eyes locked. "We fish to eat, friend." Serci left him to tend to his duties as assigned a hunting party in a similar fashion. A grocery list was quickly jotted on a piece of parchment. The shopping party was sent off with the warning to avoid drawrfs. Soon enough the library was quiet. The echo of chattering and shuffling foot steps faded out. He turned to face the tired Drea as he addressed him. "Well, that takes care of overcrowding and the food situation." He said, with a positive nod. He tilted head, and shined a warm smile. "If I were you, I would enjoy the piece and quite while it lasts." He joked with a soft chuckle. "I, my self will be checking in on the hunting group, unless… You need something with me, here, Collecter?" He asked, with a nod of his head in question.
Porthyrius

Character Info
Name: Adraejen "Drae" Porthyrius
Alignment: CN
Race: Half Elf Were Bear
Class: Blade Pact Warlock of the Fiend
Silver: 49802
When Serci asked if he was at all afraid of the changes that might overcome Angela, Drae paused and thought about it for a moment. "No," he responded after a moment of reflection. "Not really. It doesn't really work like that," he explained. "Becoming a deity or taking on a new domain does not change the person. Who that person is on the inside is what fuels the Voice and the Tree's decision," he explained. "And, this is not Angela's first change in domains, though I do believe it is the most drastic," he said. "That is what gives me worry. I feel Earth diminishing from her. She's had Earth longer than any other domain, and it is the loss of that that I worry will affect her most. But in all, no I do not fear that she will wake up a completely different person," he said. "I can't express why or how, but it feels I have known her through too many lives to have ever seen her change who she is inside," he told Serci. 

"And even if she did change, I would still worship the ground she walks upon."

After surveying the dire state of the larders, Drae considered options and chuckled at Serci's mention of wealth. "Well, my friend. Here you are just a name, but I happen to own most of the trade vessels coming in and out of Iria, and Kurayo," he grinned. 

"The best place for fishing is going to be Jasumin Lake. The fish there are going to be large and heavy so take the necessary equipment. IF it comes down to it, I might be able to persuade Furtuna to blast the waters to help the endeavor," Drae offered in an attempt to be helpful. He knew that Angela's clergy were not going to be as familiar with the area. Drae ordered Iris and Nathaniel to take Poppy and Lark and go with the clergy to the nearby towns and villages to help with obtaining fruits and vegetables and other goods to restock the food stores.

With the library emptying of the majority of the idle clergy, it left Drae and Serci in a very quiet state, and Drae listened to the silence a moment. It was rather nice. He regarded Serci for a moment. "Perhaps that is the wrong question. Is there something you need of me, Serci?" he asked in return. "If you are concerned about the hunting parties, you are free to go. I could also send my son Rohan, who knows the hunting grounds around here very well."