Archive Home > Archives > 2019 Archives > Kagayaku Yume > Step One [P][R]
Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Alignment: CG
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
Even from the uppermost spire of his temple he was still unable to breach the surface of the scar. The three spheres orbited slowly beneath him as they always had since the temple had come into existence. His eyes followed the one comprised of emerald, and he thought of the seemingly infinite names that lined its inner walls. His heart pulled, knowing that his true parents’ names were also on that wall. He’d been lucky: he and his sister had been pulled to this world to get a new start. What was death like for everyone else that had perished that day in DaeLuin? Now that he’d been awakened, he was shamed to say that there were times he wished he could go back to being dormant.

His hands moved up and ran down his face, pressing briefly at his eyes as he willed those memories away. So many centuries had been poured into his mind, so much knowledge, more life experience than he’d ever had here in Revaliir. There was no way to go back to how he’d been before, and that’s what stung the most.

He breathed out shakily and rolled his shoulders, eyes opening to look at the crystal scarred ground below. In the distance he could just make out the natives of the valley. They’d done well at keeping a respectful distance from his temple, and likewise he’d left their encampments alone. It was so quiet here, a different quiet than Suisho no Kyuden with it’s constant blizzards and laughter. Why had his soul pulled to this place? This isolated place?

If he closed his eyes and cleared his mind he could still hear some of that laughter. Though really it was only because the dreams of those lying warm in their beds were calling out to him. Why had The Voice chosen this? Was he no longer worthy of holding Strength? Or were Dreams a more pressing matter nowadays? And why him? The Voice was still a riddle, one he never hoped to solve, one he doubted even Drae could puzzle out.

The blissful laughter grew darker and he quickly opened his eyes before he could see the oncoming nightmares. Mortals were so fickle, even in sleep. The real reason he was up here was even more complex than something so simple as brooding. His wife and children were in the temple, this was also their home, but he felt like a stranger in their lives.

Hundreds of years in his former life of not being able to have children, and now waking up to them? The mixed memories of two lives lived was overwhelming. And his wife…? Could he even still be with her? Was it fair to her?

His jaw locked and the white tattoos on his tanned skin glowed brighter as he stood from his perch and stepped off. His legs bent in a gentle crouch as he landed on the ground so far below. To him it was like stepping off of the first step of a staircase; to a mortal their legs would have been all but liquified.

The mirrors were fine in their ring around the temple, but he walked over to one anyways, hands resting on its sides gently as he made an adjustment that wasn’t needed. It was time to move again, he felt like he was leaving home more than he was staying there. While he’d never encourage one of his followers to run from their problems, he couldn’t help that he needed a break from his sometimes. And hated even more that his family in any way could be considered a problem. No, they weren’t the problem, he was.

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
Ynnarah

Character Info
Name: Ynnarah
Alignment: TG
Race: Lycan
Class: Starsinger
Silver: 222
She had touched a stone of larimar, and Ynnarah had found herself transported to yet another place.  She had been wandering so long, searching for a thing that she could not name, and Ynnarah was beginning to wonder if she would ever find a place to rest for longer than a few days.  She had seen the stones and the spheres and the grand structure beyond, but she had been drawn to the stones first.  She had touched the blue one, found herself on a ship that was going down fast.  It was chaos.  But Ynnarah had a clear head in chaos, moreso than any other time.  There were some lifeboats, and people were loading them.  But it wasn't enough.  She had started making an example by pulling pieces of the ship apart with her magic, creating makeshift rafts for people.  Others joined in, and it was a race against time.  The ship was going down, the captain had already abandoned ship as pointed out by a crewman.  So it was highly unlikely they could save the ship.

But with help from a few others, they were able to calm the chaos, and get enough rafts made.  Everyone was saved, and Ynnarah could see another ship drawing near.  She had been sending up flares of mage-fire, hoping to attract attention.  As she glanced around, the whole scene started to fade, and she felt a tinge of dream-magic.  It wasn't something she had a whole lot of experience with, but enough to know when it had been used on her.  Within a few heartbeats, she was back among the stones, but closer to the grand temple. 

But she was so fascinated by the whole scene that she missed the other person.  Eyes to the sky, she collided with another person.  "Ack, sorry!  I was too interested in looking around to notice I wasn't alone," she said, a blush rising to her cheeks.  It was a flaw she had never been able to tame, and didn't really care to.  "I'm Ynnarah," she added, offering her hand in a friendly gesture.  It was always good to make more friends.

You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Naota

Character Info
Just as he was preparing to head back inside, he felt a quick pitch of energy. His eyebrows furrowed, recognizing that feeling. Someone was going through the trial. It was rare for him to be so immediately close as it was happening, but she appeared before him just as quickly as he realized what was happening. Such was the risk when standing so close to the barrier, but he caught her by the shoulders to keep her from falling completely. Well, it was a good way to jog him from his degrading thought process.

“No, no you’re all right,” he said, trusting his hands to move away from her when he was sure she had her footing. Her cheeks were pink from embarrassment and his eyes softened, “It’s a pleasure to meet you Ynnarah.” He took her hand, giving it a firm yet gentle shake before letting go and turning just his head towards the temple,

“I’m Naota.” He looked back at her and nodded his head in the direction of the temple before teleporting them both within its safe walls. “Now, you’ve gone through the trial which tells me you ending up here was no accident. What brings you to my temple?” he asked, finding it in him to smile. It was more difficult than usual, and he felt his own nerves going aflame from getting back into the swing of greeting visitors.

Hers was not a face he recognized from before the shift of his realm, and that fact alone was enough to calm him. Slightly, but enough. With people new such as her, it was easier to have a fresh start: there were no old thought processes to weave through or standards he needed to try and meet. Her golden hair reminded him of another that had been one of his followers. He hadn’t seen her since the change, but hoped she was all right. Wherever she was.

God Rules:
Ynnarah

Character Info
It was a relief to be caught by someone, and Ynnarah was able to mentally gather herself fairly quickly.  That was at least until he introduced himself, and asked what brought her to his temple.  The name rang a bell, and she could only stare with wide green eyes for a few moments.  Then she realized she was being rude.  She had met with gods before, it had just been quite some time.  "I… I think I was called here.  I can hear the stars singing, you see.  I write down what I hear, and some times it makes, but not always.  I think aunt Angela mentioned you, you're a deity of dreams and light, I think?" she asked after rising from a hasty curtsy.  From what she could remember, Naota wasn't a hostile deity, but it never hurt to be polite.

Pulling out the tome she had written in all her life, a tome that had crossed the boundary between worlds, she offered it to him.  "Perhaps you'll be able to make more sense of these than I can?  The stars speak in riddles, and I'm only learning to unravel their language," Ynnarah explained.  There was an instinctual urge to trust Naota, that perhaps he would finally be able to help her with understanding the things she heard.  And if nothing else, her search would continue.  But there had to be a reason she had been drawn here, and Ynnarah figured it was in her best interest to be up front and honest with her thoughts.

Naota

Character Info
His eyebrows rose with piqued curiosity. An oracle? He’d never taken one for his temple, not when it was Suisho no Kyuden, and certainly not now. The idea more than intrigued him, and he silently began to lead her through the temple; listening to her all the while. He nodded ‘yes’ when she mentioned his realm and a secret smile formed on his lips. Ah Angela, he thought to himself, With her ever increasing family tree.

When she offered her tome to him -marked with years of use and affection-, he paused and gently took it into his hands. His thumb brushed along the edge of the pages and the emerald of his eyes glinted brighter with the hunger to know more. True that his realm had changed, but his want of knowledge had not. Though it had been a while since he’d pestered Drae to pick his brain.

“It’s curious,” he stated softly, his tone filled with praise and wonder, “That you should come to me regarding the stars.” He quietly turned a few pages, running the pads of his fingers along the paper, but careful not to risk smudging any ink with his touch. “I’ve been seeking out to understand them more myself in fact,” he admitted, looking at her with only his eyes before gently closing the book and offering it back to her.

“I’ve even befriended a couple. As much information as I could give you from what I’ve learned from them, they would be able to offer you even more. But, if you’re speaking about divination,” his smile widened and a flash of silver circled his eyes, “Well that’s something completely different. Tell me,” he said, eyebrows raising, “Have you considered offering your services to a deity? To be an oracle for one?” He’d returned her book to her, but in no way was he ready for this meeting to end. It seemed each time she opened her mouth, ten more questions flooded his mind.

“In any case, yes, I believe I can help offer some insight on what you have there,” he nodded to the tome with his chin. “Though I’d be very interested to know what other scribblings you have,” his tone quieted and his smile shifted to a near Cheshire grin.

God Rules:
Ynnarah

Character Info
Her eyes brightened when Naota admitted to her that their goals were similar, and Ynnarah knew why she had been drawn here finally.  Perhaps she would find get some of the answers she had sought for so long.  "I've never met a star…  I've heard stories though.  But I'm no oracle," Ynnarah said first in wonder, then in protest.  Oracles to her were so very rare that she never hoped to meet one, let alone be one.  In her mind, the young lycan had an unusual talent for hearing songs no one else she had met could.  But the idea sparked in her mind, who was she to argue with a deity.  "Maybe though…  I've learned how to write their language, but not interpret it.  Maybe once I can translate it," she added, thoughts being spoken aloud before she could stop them.

She considered Naota's words for a few moments, it almost seemed like he was offering her a position here.  And what better place could there be to continue to her studies and expand her knowledge.  "If I could stay here, and meet your friends, would you accept whatever my talents can do to help you?  I'd appreciate any insight you can help me with," Ynnarah said, cradling the book in her arms after she accepted it back.  He was clearly curious about it, and her, and Ynnarah want to stay and learn what she could.  "I've been writing in this book… since I was little.  On another world, one I cannot get back to now," she added with a sad smile.  Dae Luin had been her first home, and while she had adapted to this one, Ynnarah would always miss that place.

Naota

Character Info
His grin spread, already imagining her interacting with Nemu or Najima. The pair were of the same kind yet so different from each other. Najima would probably be the best one for her to meet with, but he wasn’t even sure where the wanderer was right now. He gestured forward and began to walk, leading her to go with him as they spoke, “I have a couple in mind, but one in particular that I’ll make a point to introduce you to. Though now I wonder, why the hesitation towards oracle?” her tone had not gone unnoticed, and he in no way was offended but was curious.

“I know a bit of their language but have also learned that they vary as much as humans do. From my own experience at least, so I’d be happy to help in that regard and see if maybe our experiences have crossed,” he offered with another smile. While Nemu had spoken one tongue, Najima’s had been another. The more he learned from stars on a personal level, the more he realized that their complexity far surpassed what land dwellers had come to know from afar.

“Of course I would accept them,” he said honestly in regard to her talents, his eyebrows raising. “You can stay here however long you need to, maybe I can change your mind about oracles,” he teased. His eyes moved to her book as she spoke of it, of her former home…another world. His heart lurched and his eyes immediately moved back up to hers, but that was the only sign of his urgency. It wasn’t healthy, this mindset: everything could point to DaeLuin for him, he was seeing it even in places where it wasn’t. The revelation was still so fresh that he was looking for any way to connect to a world that was no more…

“Another world?” he inquired, slowly nodding as he looked forward again. “That’s a very sad thing, to be unable to return home…” his voice softened to nearly a whisper. “What was it like there, if you don’t mind me asking?”

God Rules: