Archive Home > Archives > 2019 Archives > Flidais, The Eternal Hunting Grounds > Greetings [P][R]
Serafina
Deity

Character Info
Name: Serafina Volkov
Alignment: CE
Race: Vaewolf
Class: Goddess / Female Alpha
Silver: 10153
Wandering through the grounds surround Flidais brought a certain sense of peaceful calm to Serafina. Though she possessed a wolf side, she had hardly taken that form as of late, and the longing to do so had become rather strong. When she had still spent any amount of time with Nemesis, they had gone hunting rather often - and of course, when Xerxez had come into the picture, Serafina and he had transformed many times as she showed him the ropes of what it meant to be a vaewolf. Now, Nemesis had his own family and his own domain to rule over, and Serafina had no clue where Xerxez was. She had hit a point where she did not even want to know where he had gone, for the pain of finding out why he had abandoned her may have turned out to be too much for her to deal with. Without these hunting partners, she still held the ability to transform, but she chose not to - though a wolf was strong in its own right, it felt strange for her to be alone as one.

As she reached the entrance to the Grand Hall, she turned back and looked over her shoulder at the wilds behind her. A sigh escaped her lips, as she was rather hesitant to leave it for the confines of the building she was about to enter. For all of the aspects her reputation seemed to carry, Serafina had a side to her that had a quiet longing for something she could not quite get her hands on, and the peacefulness of the wilds had given her that feeling back for a moment.

The Temptress pushed her way into the Grand Hall, and took a moment to take in the surroundings. It had a pleasant warmth to it - a much different kind of warmth than her own realm carried. It was familiar yet different at the same time. Zanar, one of her fellow gods who she had yet to meet, was of course not present, and that made sense to her. He couldn’t rightfully just sit around waiting for people to come and pay tribute to him. She also had not sent him prior warning of her impending visit, either, so she held no weight to be upset with him over that - and of course, she was not upset.

The goddess had changed out of her general attire in an attempt to make a good impression on Zanar. She had exchanged her highly slit skirts in for black leather leggings, though the revealing lacing up the side made her feel more herself. A black corset covered her torso, her arms decked in tunic sleeves of a black fabric as well. Black boots covered her lower legs to just above her knees, and her blonde hair fell in cascading curls around her shoulders and neck, down her back. In one hand, she clutched a small box. The box contained part of a gift for Zanar, and it was a gift that she was rather excited to present him with. Content with waiting for the god, she leaned against the pillar nearest the entrance and relaxed as she awaited the arrival of Zanar.

Serafina is The Infernal Queen, or The Temptress

Serafina's God Rules/Abilities
I. Serafina can manipulate anyone into telling her what they wish to indulge in above all else.
II. Serafina can summon the souls of the damned from Inferos to do her bidding in the mortal plane.
III. Serafina can alter the mood in a room or area and cause any of its non-divine inhabitants to begin acting in over indulgent, lush, or incredibly violent behavior.
Aegis

Character Info
Name: Zanar Arowin
Alignment: TN
Race: Werebear
Class: Deity
Silver: 10002
Zanar atop one of the trees watched as a pack of wolves hunted down a deer that happened to be unlucky enough to be their target for the day. The pack was a smaller one of the wolves that guided travelers through the forest of Flidais and Zanar had just happened to hear the growls and snarls and decided to see what they decided to make prey today. It was always fascinating to the god to watch the wolves expertly surround and attack prey animals, their teamwork was something that men could learn well enough from. Men though feared the same animals that Zanar had grown fond of, men always feared that which they did not know.

They had just managed to drag the deer down to the forest floor and converge on it when the god picked up a familiar but different presence within his temple grounds. So the new lady decides to meet the hunter at last as she? Well then, let us see how this turns out Zanar thought to himself and jumped down from the branches that he was perched upon. One of the wolves looked up from his feeding and met eyes with the god. ”Fear not my friend, just passing through.” Zanar spoke and the wolf went back to his meal.

Best not keep his guest waiting.

He did take his time and walked back to the temple grounds when he could have easily gated back into the campus. In the back of his mind, he did not know how he was going to approach this new goddess. He and Dalanesca were friends, and to him, it was strange to see another in the spot that she once occupied even though her demise was not something they could prevent. Angela had dealt the mercy stroke but the repercussions were still flowing through all who knew her. He knew that it must have been worse for the Mother.

Entering the gates, a Ranger immediately approached him and told him who was waiting for him in the Great Hall. ”Indeed she is. Thank you for telling me. Tell the cooks to prepare a dish from our freshest catch of the day.” The god ordered and the ranger made his way to the kitchens through the side doors. He made his way up the stairs and pushed the doors open to the Great Hall and say the Goddess leaning against one of the closer pillars near the doors.

”My Apologies for not greeting you earlier, I was in the forest observing some of my more loyal companions. All the same welcome to my lovely little corner of the world, and to the Conclave as well. Please make yourself comfortable, I do not know how your journey was here but sometimes one can wander a while in the forest before the guides find you.” He greeted his fellow deity and showed her to the nearest table. ” if I may ask, what brings you here. Not very often do I get a visit from another deity.”

Zanar is the God of The Endless Hunt and Boundless Wilds

Zanar's God Powers are as Followed:
i. Can Track Anything in the world, no matter where they may go.
ii. Can see and strike the weak points of his prey, allowing for a clean kill
iii. Can use the ability of any beast of the wild, or give that ability to another.
Limited GM of my character is always allowed!
Serafina
Deity

Character Info
Serafina sensed Zanar’s approach before he appeared, which allowed her to straighten her posture slightly against the pillar before he came into view. When he did, she visually analyzed him for a moment, eyes moving from his feet to his own gaze. She appreciated the sight - he was indeed a handsome man, but then again divinity made one appear intriguing and appealing as a general rule, from what she had experienced. She stood up straight and dipped her head in a show of respect.

”Absolutely no apology is necessary,” she said. Her voice was sultry and alluring as always, but she was not forcing a seductive tone with Zanar as she did with many of the other men she came into contact with - after all, he was not just a typical man, but a deity, just as she - and she had not come with the intent to seduce him. ”I should have sent word that I intended to visit,” she said, a tone of apology to her words.

When Zanar showed her to the table, she took a seat, making herself comfortable as he had instructed her to. ”My journey was pleasant and enjoyable. The guides were very helpful, though I did wander for quite some time - at my own behest. The wolf inside me could not get enough of the forest,” she said, and there was a certain longing audible in her voice. ”And that, in part, is why I deemed it time to visit you. Not only do I feel it important to know my fellow deities, your domains have a certain… meaning to me,” she added.

”My spheres really play to the vampiric side of me - the seduction, the violence, the overindulgence… but there is the other side - the wolf that is within me, that feels rather neglected,” she admitted. ”I knew that your realm would be pleasing to me, but venturing through the wilds really put it into perspective - I miss the hunt,” she said. ”The true hunt,” she added, knowing full well that Zanar would know she meant the real hunt, the hunt in her animal form. ”It has been far too long since I have ran freely,” she said, and the longing that had been in her voice had made it to her eyes now.

”But forgive me for digressing so swiftly,” she said. ”I have a gift for you,” she said, and proceeded to hand Zanar the box that she had brought with her. Inside the box there was a black leather collar, clearly for a dog, though it was much larger, and seemed to be enchanted somehow, streaks of green hellfire coursing through it. She smiled as she handed him the gift, a bit of excitement on her face as she was rather looking forward to his reaction upon opening it. After that, she would be able to pass along the rest of the gift along with an explanation.

I. Serafina can manipulate anyone into telling her what they wish to indulge in above all else.
II. Serafina can summon the souls of the damned from Inferos to do her bidding in the mortal plane.
III. Serafina can alter the mood in a room or area and cause any of its non-divine inhabitants to begin acting in over indulgent, lush, or incredibly violent behavior.
Aegis

Character Info
” No need to send word, surprise visits tend to be more favorable for me. Keeps me on my toes after all.”

When she had mentioned that his domains held something to her, it did pique his curiosity that he had to admit. He, of course, did not want to assume anything, as there was a certain scent in particular about this Goddess that he had not quite picked up just yet. It wasn’t until she was done explaining why that it clicked in his head. He was still not used to the fact that he could pick up the scent from other shifters like himself.

” A vaewolf is it? I could pick up the wolf scent on you, never had I met one though that had both the Lycan powers and that of the sanguine as well. It is an interesting combination, to say the least.” On that matter he was telling the truth, as he had ever encountered one or the other both while he was human and while he was a god. He wondered how both types of blood could mix to create a being with powers from both creatures.

”You have come to the right person if it is the hunt that you miss. Flidais, I would consider it being one of the more fruitful hunting grounds,” He stopped and tapped his fingers lightly on the wooden tabletop. ”As for running wild, that one hits a mark close to me. The number of times that I have given my body to the beast within is so little that I can count them on my own two hands. I started as Ursine, but after taking hold of the realms that were given to me I felt something change within my self. I believe I am no longer bound to just the bear…but to all.”[/b[

He wasn’t sure if his words made sense, as he sometimes was not the best with wording. He had hoped that he had got his point across somehow. ”It would be nice to get the chance to be able to test such abilities, that is for sure.”

She then handed him a gift that she had brought with her person. He had noticed the package earlier but didn’t want to seem rude asking about it as he didn’t know if it was for him or something else she had picked up along her journey. He opened the container and picked up the collar within. He did not know what to say about such a gift. He kept silent for a while just staring at it as words tried to come to mouth. It was a well crafted one, with hellfire imbued into it, that he had to admit.

”I am going to assume that there is something else that goes along with this. I could be wrong, then again…

iii. Can use the ability of any beast of the wild, or give that ability to another.
Serafina
Deity

Character Info
Serafina was pleased with the fact that Zanar seemed to be welcoming to her, and he did not seem to be about formalities. She appreciated this, as she was not really a fan of formalities either. It made her feel much more comfortable in his presence, and she visibly relaxed in her seated position. ”Perhaps, if I am not out of line in suggesting this, we can hunt together - soon, maybe?” she suggested, a smile on her face. She was attempting to be friendly, which was an unusual concept for her. Normally, she would have been putting on her charm and making an attempt to seduce Zanar, but she knew that this was not the time or the place for such.

When the conversation shifted after Zanar opened the gift she had brought him, she let out a melodic laugh. ”As much as I’d like to say that it’s for us to have a bit of fun later, I feel that would be out of place for two main reasons. One, I have come to the knowledge that you have a wife, which goes in part with two, which is that you are a god like me, and that requires a certain level of respect from me,” she explained. ”But no, that is only part of the gift. The other part…,” she said. ”You cannot see her,” she continued. ”Not yet.”

”Ferox,” she said, in a commanding voice. Suddenly, beside her, a snorting breath sounded - much like that of a large dog. Serafina had summoned one of her Hellhounds beside her. Hellhounds were a unique beast, only visible to their master, and of course, to Serafina, as they were creatures of the underworld. ”Ferox, you belong to Zanar now.” The sound of paws padding across the floor came now, as the creature near Serafina moved to stand next to Zanar, at which point it would become visible to him.

”I understand if this is not a gift that you would like to receive and will take no offense,” she said. ”But I thought, being a master of the wilds, that such a beast would be a wonderful addition to your realm, and to your side. She will obey your every command, of course. She will remain invisible to others, of course. You and I are the only ones who can see her,” she said, gesturing towards Ferox. The red-eyed canine moved to rest its head upon Zanar’s leg in a show of submission. ”Do you know much of Hellhounds and what they are capable of?” she asked, tilting her head to one side.

Aegis

Character Info
The breathing of the creature took Zanar by surprise, he had to admit that. It was not the fact that there were another more feral creatures in the hall, but it was the fact that he couldn’t detect it for what it was. He looked down at the Collar as Serafina called the beast by name, his ears now open to the sounds of its feet walking on the floor. In his mind, he knew exactly what it was that also joined them in the halls and the collar was now all too fitting. ”Now I must admit, I did not expect a gift to be a creature such as this. Those who command hellhounds, do not take so lightly in giving them to others.”

The hellhound, Ferrox went over and rested its head upon Zanar’s leg. It was strange for the God to be able to see such a creature. He could not recall at any point was someone else ever able to see the watchdogs of hell. He had to admit that he was a bit intimidated by its presence, but yet he did not fear it. ”I feel it would be more insulting if I did not, and it would be a fine companion here in the temple. I thank you for such a gracious gift such as this.” Zanar spoke and nodded his head. He undid the collar and then reached down to wrap it around the hellhounds neck.

With that gesture, the transfer of ownership seemed complete.

”I will admit I do not know much of the creatures. I have only heard tell of them if I am, to be honest. I know demonic forces are quite fond of them, as they tend to be the end of a deal. The most gruesome end if a human actually makes the deal. And as you have said before, none can see them…even I didn’t notice it upon my own lands.”

He watched as the large canine then made its way to the central hearth of the hall and lay down near it as if the hall was already its home. He wondered how it was able to change loyalty so quickly, Zanar was sure though that it probably still held some loyalty to the lady death even in the back of its mind. ”if you have any information about them you’d like to share I would be gladly open to hearing about it. Always good to know more about the creatures of the land that is for sure.” He turned to face the goddess again.

”That can wait, as what you said earlier has interested me more. You wished to go on a stroll did you not. Well, then why do we not do such a thing, especially if it has been a while for you to walk amongst the trees as a wolf. I did get a meal made for us already, but I am sure the Rangers will take a liking to it themselves.” Zanar spoke and pushed back his chair getting up.

”It would also be more interesting to roam with another, as since my change to a shifter I have never done so.”

Serafina
Deity

Character Info
”You are correct in such an assumption. I do not give this to you lightly. As someone who commands the wilds, I know that you will be able to give Ferox the respect that is owed to him,” she answered. She watched closely as Zanar went about fastening the collar to the hellhound, and a smile crept upon her lips. It gave her pride that one of her hounds was being treated so well by another powerful being. ”He will obey your ever command, but I must tell you – when I am in your realm or in the presence of Ferox, he may choose to listen to me over you. I have commanded him to follow your every order, however, so that should not be an issue. They are predisposed to follow those who have raised them, as their keepers are generally the only ones they will never harm,” she added. ”Ferox now has two that he will protect until the end of time.” There was a finality to the words, as she wanted Zanar to understand that the bond forged by a hellhound to its keeper was infinite and never ending.

”If you have any questions about Ferox going forward, please let me know – but I think you will find that it will come rather naturally to you,” she said. ”He’s quite unique, you know. Male hellhounds, at least from the bloodlines that I have, are quite rare. I may call on you in the future to breed him,” she added rather nonchalantly, as she knew that someone with a deep understanding of animals would understand why such a thing would be necessary.

Serafina’s demeanor seemed to shift almost instantaneously as Zanar shifted the subject back to roaming in the wilds as she had mentioned. ”It would be an honor to run with you,” she said, bowing her head slightly in a show of respect. ”I do not wish for the meal you have had prepared to go to waste, but if you think the Ranger’s will enjoy it then it seems it will not go to waste after all… I am not sure if you allow hunting within your grounds, but if you do, perhaps we could hunt down our own prey and craft the meal together as true hunters would,” she suggested, hoping that it was not too bold of an offer.

She grew quiet for a moment as she thought back to the last time she could truly remember running in the wilds, and Xerxez came to mind. A frown crossed her lips for a mere moment before it faded again as the renewed feeling of excitement washed over her. Almost as though she were a child excited to open a gift, Serafina sat forward slightly, tucking her hands underneath her legs and speaking rather eagerly. ”As it sounds you are no longer bound to shifting only into a bear, what will you change into? Will you change into a wolf as I do, or will it be something entirely different?” she asked, and caught herself after a moment. She drew one of her hands up and covered her mouth, laughing quietly in an almost embarrassed manner. ”You’ll have to forgive my excitement,” she said. ”It has just been far too long,” she added.

Aegis

Character Info
Zanar listened as Serafina warned him that even though Ferox will obey his command, and serve the hunter that it’s loyalty to his original owner may overtake that if Serafina happened to call upon the hellhound. ”Imprinted upon the one who raised it. It is a bond that will never fade no matter who the next owner is. I know this all too well, do not worry though while here Ferox will be in capable hands.” He responded back, reassuring her that the gift that she so graciously gave the god would not be mistreated. ”If males are as rare as you say makes the gift even more precious then.”

Zanar got up from his seat, ”Worry not nothing in this realm goes to waste, The hunter’s here take pride in their work and the things we teach them. We take only what is needed, and I am sure they would like a nice meal every once in a while,” he chuckled as he showed Serafina the way out of the Grand hall and back onto the temple grounds once again. ”Hunting on these grounds is always allowed, if one has my blessing. The creatures here live and thrive they see this place as a sanctuary,” he explained as they walked towards the entrance of the temple. ”Even wild beasts need a place to hide and feel safe.”

They finally reached the main gate and Zanar turned to face his guest again. ”The circle of life must continue though. I see my powers and both sides of the coin. The Prey and the Predator, so even though they feel safer here back in their minds I still feel that fear of what they might be prey to the larger beasts men included.” Without even touching the gates themselves the squeal of the doors opening rang throughout the air as they opened their arms to the abundance of life that filled the forest around the temple. ”Those who follow me, hunt to maintain the balance in the world.”

Just as she gave him a small lesson on the hellhound that was given to him. He gave her a small lesson on what his beliefs were and how he viewed his powers. ”Now for you question earlier, I believe I shall join you with the lupine blood.” He spoke as the gates doors closed behind them as the stepped foot out into the more wild part of his domain. He took a few steps forward and cracked his neck a bit. Here goes nothing he thought to himself. It was the first time that he had tried to shift into anything other than his bear form. Just as natural as it was for him to shift into the bear his body did the same with his wolf form.

Now where the god once stood was a larger than normal Timber wolf, just as his bear form showing his dominion over the forces of the wilds. The smells and sounds that he heard in this form were far different than that of his ursine form. He would have to get used to that but everything else felt natural. His vision was the only thing he worried about, missing one eye on his human form did not bother him, but he wondered how it would affect this one. He turned his head to look back and Serafina before running off into the woods.