Archive Home > Archives > 2019 Archives > 2019 Random Archives > Bone
Bone

Character Info
Name: Bone
Alignment: LG
Race: Human
Class: Mage
Silver: 549
Bone woke. Grudgingly and annoyed. Godslayer was by the window of the tavern they were in. It loved the morning and loved talking to the birds as well, so every night Bone would set the giant sword next to the window so it could greet the morn and the birds. Usually Bone could understand the whistles, chirps and mutters the great sword uttered but not when it was talking to the birds. The giant hunk of steel understood Bone was only human and needed to sleep, though it considered the whole thing a waste of time, but today,apparently, there was something more. Something important that both bird and sword would have him know and have him know right now. He sighed heavily still a bit drunk. A pleasure he allowed himself only on the rarest occasions when he was certain he was safe. His father would have him dead due to some prophecy or other all because of Godslayer. His friend, his confidant, and the most annoying thing ever created, in his opinion.

*Groaning and clutching his head he rose up and shouted,* Alright!! Gods Damnit all to hell! I'm awake! What?? What is it??? At this point he was roused enough to actually worry. It couldn't be his fathers men, could it? He'd lost them long ago during that blimp ride. *He shuddered at the thought. Bone did NOT like heights but you can't follow a scent through the air, right? He sure as hells hoped not. But still his sword blathered on, It's her! The beginning of life, the creator of life! She is life itself! Rejoice and kneel in her presence!

*Wonderful*, Bone said to himself.* An insane sword. I'm sure this will end well.* He went over and picked it up, lovingly. Holding the jewel at the top of the hilt close to his mouth he sadly whispered, * Godslayer? I want it to be her too but we both know she is… *he choked a bit before continuing* she is dead. Her last and, I hope, continuing wish is that thee and I are together. It is both our triumph and our bane that we are here now. From birth to manhood she pledged you to me. But now?

*He shook his head* I honestly don't know. I believe, mayhap, you have served your purpose and served it well. For now I am a man. Is this what you and your avian friends are telling me?

The sword made a noise which would roughly translate to: I'm begging you. For just five minutes could you not be an idiot??? Look at your wrist.

Bone screwed his mouth up in irritation and looked at his wrist.

The string was there. His breath caught in his throat and he felt his heart beating as his face flushed red.* Oh. Oh my Goddess! I… I* and he dropped to his knees.

He watched the string carefully as he made his way downstairs and through the door. He and the sword both knew what this meant and he closed his eyes and walked forward. When he once again opened his eyes… nothing. Nothing was the same. Godslayer burst into light and song. Bone had always before understood what it was saying but not this time. Now, it was't singing for him. It called to HER. It begged her presence. It apologised for Bone. Bone, brows furrowed said, "You know I can hear you, right?" But the sword ignored him. For the first time in his life, it wasn't speaking to him. It spoke to HER. It sang it's song of the beauty of her creation, of HER beauty. It called to her. Begged her to listen. Though Bone carried it, it was for her it'd been created. He and it were one. And though Bone didn't know it yet, the pair were HER's. For all time. Until time ended. Bone, for his part said, "I…. Yes, I love her too. But she's still calling us. Don't you think we should go on and answer her call?" The swords answer could be roughly translated as "Well Duuhh!" Bones eyes narrowed but he continued following the string, muttering irritably at the sword…

Bone looked up and down the coast line, marveling at the glass covered beach and unable to get his bearings at first, falling face first into the colored glass that made up the sand and so the very first thing he said in Angelas realm was, "OOOOFFF" Followed by a long amount of swearing. Godslayer would've groaned if it could and reminded Bone that it wasn't her fault he was a clutz. "Seriously?" Bone said in a huff, "I get transported to the Goddess only knows where and fall down because it's so different and somehow it's my fault??? Son of a… *he brushed off the beautifully colored stones that had stuck to him and, though he tried, failed at regaining his composure. While he tried to keep a straight face, he couldn't help but jump up and down in excitement. *We're here! We're finally here!* Sadly he had no idea how far he had to go and even if he made it, would she even deign to talk to him? But none of this made any difference right now. He was right, in a way. Even making it here was a triumph in itself.

At first, unsure of himself he hesitated as the phoenixes took there post and lit his way. Understandable for someone whose idea of magic was projecting it for protection or hostility never before had he seen it used for such… beauty.

The sounds. Always before sounds had been a way to avoid conflict, never a welcoming such as this. Bone had heard only a few fiddles in his past and those only to keep the spirits of drunken customers happy. In his young life he'd never heard the simple, sweet sound of music that lived only to give peace and happiness. Never before ANYthing like this.

He had, at first, tried to hurry through to her grand place but, as he delved deeper and deeper into her realm his pace slowed and sometimes stopped. Without conscious thought he said softly, "Truly. Tis as if the Goddess herself has blessed this place." Godslayer remarked wryly, "Ummm, genius? It IS blessed by the Goddess. *sigh* You're not the brightest torch on the planet, are you?" Bone narrowed his eyes, but not even his swords' ascerbic comments could effect him for long. Not here.

It was only a short walk until he reached the courtyard with the heart and the glass carriage. It was a miracle of colors as the wavering fire from the torches lit each different color of glass that shone brighter than it should have onto the bricks and the pair standing in awe of it. The horses were at once terrifying and beautiful but Bone didn't hesitate. He entered the open door and trusted he would be delivered where he should. Whether that be to Her or to the exit of this realm. His life. His heart were in her hands now. He smiled contently. "After all; I DID say if it be her will."

The carriage stopped and he looked up. And up at the towering structure before him. The quartz reflecting not just the light but the colors of the plants growing around them. As he departed the carriage he simply stood for a moment and stared in awe, even Godslayer had gone silent as they beheld the home of a Goddess.

He entered the throne room and gasped. Even after all he'd already seen this took his breath away. The light shining through the stained glass was overwhelming. Indeed he closed his eyes for a moment, a bit dizzy from the experience. But he was here for a reason, even if wasn't sure what it was, and screwed up his courage and approached Her throne. He couldn't help but see the roses, "beauty upon beauty." He breathed softly.

He dared not go further and even though she wasn't there, or at least visible, still he knelt at the bottom of her stairs. Godslayer chirped at him and he pulled the great sword from it's sheath, gleaming and singing to Her. Laying it on open palms, head bowed. The pair awaited her presence. Awaited their destiny.