Archive Home > Archives > 2018 Archives > The Warped Spire > An Assault [O] [Event]
Nyromix

Character Info
Name: Cedric
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: Commander
Silver: 0
Cedric sped through the plain, slashing at demons that surround the area, careless whether or not they die, he dashed towards a demon and leaped, Cedric swiftly turned around, slashing the demon in the back and casting a semi-circle of explosions. Cedric kicked the demon into the explosion. He turned to look at the tower, the centipedes charged at Cedric, he did his best, swatting them away with his blade, but they simply deflected the slashes, as if they were armored. Cedric pulled out his crossbow and sniped at their heads, 1, 2, 3, a centipede fell onto the ground but was still alive, it charged towards Cedric, knocking him off balance. He kicks the centipede in the head, knocking it out. But Cedric forgot about its friends…

Cedric muttered to himself "This isn't going so well" he sprinted away from the centipedes and attempted to climb the tower. Cedric's mind began to swirl, he felt dizzy as flashes of images he couldn't understand popped into his mind, Cedric slapped himself, attempting to hold his sanity together "Okay, it's just two gods… two… malevolent…. gods…" Cedric has begun climbing the tower when a centipede phased through the wall and attacked, the centipede was ruthless and Cedric has tried his best to dodge its attacks. "I've had just enough of you" Cedric shouted at the centipede. He slashed at its head multiple times, crippling it badly, it fell flat on the ground, but just to be sure, Cedric drops a fireball straight into its head, ensuring its demise. As Cedric crawled up the tower, the images flashed in his head once again. "Not now, not now!" Cedric thought to himself, slowly losing his sanity.

Flashbacks to his close friends stating "To attack it directly would be suicide!" "You can't do this, it's been very long since a god has been slain by a mortal!" but he pushed them away, snapping back at them "I know, but I'll take a stab at it anyway.." Cedric used all his remaining humanity to think of the people that have been forsaken in this eat or be eaten world. Cedric climbed and climbed, not even realizing that the tower has been filled with the centipede beings, he was dragged back outside, falling flat onto the ground. Cedric stood back up, most of his strength had left him and so did his sanity.. Cedric, without thinking much, dashed at a centipede and rode on it's back crashing into a high point of the tower, he jumped down, the crash had jogged his mind a bit, causing him to regain much of his brain. Cedric stabbed the centipede's head and climbed up the tower… Cedric thought to himself "I hope this isn't their full might, I wish they have something cooked up, I mean, I didn't come all this way for a fight with rabbits, didn't I?"

"Part fool, part hero, mostly fool."
Trinity

Character Info
Name: Trinity
Alignment: CE
Race: Vampire
Class: Knight
Silver: 307
It was quite interesting for the vampire to witness how gullible mortals were when facing the wrath of gods. Resistance wasn’t quite surprising, but to come to their doorsteps and wish to wage battles against them? Moonstruck madmen they were to believe in achieving that. Still, it had been entertaining for Trinity to watch from the tower. With her God's blessing, she was safe from the centipede’s assaults and could relish in watching the feeble attempts at them. It wasn’t until one of the men put on a near effortless show that her attention was stirred. He looked like he was on a mission, one that would surely see him dead as he took out the centipedes as if they were nothing. But then when she noticed the size of the ones he'd vanquished, she couldn’t help but snicker. They were just little babies in comparison to the actual, gigantic ones. Hanging from the edge, she carelessly dangled her feet and observed him with keen interest.

In a foolish yet effective manner, the man made it through it seemed and Trinity felt like having a bit of fun now. So she pushed herself up and drew out her bastard sword and her special knife. Her painted red lips formed a smile as she nearly sauntered over to where he was.

“Yoohoo!”

Golden eyes burned his image into memory, the smile never ceasing as she drew closer until she was in a safe enough distance. “Congratulations, you are among a few that made it this far, sir. The little ones weren’t too much of a problem, were they?’ Just as she spoke those words, a much larger centipede flew pass them. It was about the size of a dragon but it simply ignored their presence. “The big ones like to keep close to the top. The bottom is where the babies play at.” Slowly did she move to the right, keeping her hood low as her skin wasn’t agreeable with the sunlight, especially being as close as they were to it. “I will play stewardess for today, so what is it that you need, or more so, wish to accomplish here?”

Xunatar would be quite busy in savoring the chaos that he and Dalanesca had created and the last thing he would wish was to be interrupted again. She drew closer to the edge and saw that their rather large friend was descending towards more guests down below. “Poor little fodder, wouldn’t you agree?”

Main Account: Nemesis!
Nyromix

Character Info
Name: Cedric
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: Commander
Silver: 0
Cedric finally reached a high vantage point, he noticed that the centipedes were larger in size close to the top, but he heard a voice of a woman, is it possible to be one of their illusions to deceive mortals? Cedric thought of it as such and ignored it, soldiering onward. But he noticed the woman was indeed real, and held a bastard sword and a knife.

Cedric stood atop a platform, listening to the woman's words. He answered "I've come to bravely (and quite foolishly, I admit) to "convince" the deities to stop" rather jokingly. "If you have a problem with that, you can take it up with me." Calling out the drawn sword and knife. "Now, if you're here to get in my way, I do hope you have a good reason"

Cedric noticed the large centipede hurling itself onto nearby adventurers who he felt were playing hero, but realizing the hypocrisy, he thought of it no further, he heard the woman's comment on the situation and this slightly offended Cedric. "If you think of humans as mere fodder, you've got a nasty heart with a distorted desire… Unless you don't have a heart yourself" he said rather dryly. Cedric prepared his stance, to attack first would have two outcomes, death or advantage, so he scanned the woman for sudden movements.

"Part fool, part hero, mostly fool."
Trinity

Character Info
Name: Trinity
Alignment: CE
Race: Vampire
Class: Knight
Silver: 307
While he seemed a bit headstrong, the man had made it farther than the others, at least while she had been around the tower. In truth, she didn’t care what he sought from his expedition- the gods would do as they see fit until they felt like ending it, not to do so when the mortals wanted them to. A foolhardy request, still Trinity kept a playful look about her. While she had her weapons drown, both were pointing low to the ground. To what she had in mind, it was anyone’s guess. “I care little for your reason here. I’m not here to support or derail you from your…quest.”

Whether he believed her or not wasn’t important to her as she watched the centipede go to work with the group of people below. The green fields would soon be stained with red, such a delicious thought that came to mind, but the vampire tore herself away to address the man further.

“Just as farming animals are merely cattle to people, they are cattle for my kind. There’s no reason to state such hurtful words.” The smile on her face contradicted her statement as she took a single step towards him. And then another.

“This crusade isn’t the first and surely won’t be the last. But it is their affair, not mine. I’m simply here for my own entertainment. Why should they have all the fun around here?” She lowered the sword low enough that it scraped against the floor as she continued her steady approach. “Would you be willing to entertain me for a bit? Why not have some fun before you get to the oh so serious part of your business? I find such things rather…dull.” The closer she got, the more it became evident that her blades were being embodied by some sort of dark aura. Magic wasn’t her strong suit, but she did it at least to compliment her fighting skills.

The vampire didn’t wait too long for his answer before she changed pace into a full out sprint and moved her weapons into a striking position, the sword would come first in a back swinging motion towards his neck while the knife would follow soon after towards his chest.

Main Account: Nemesis!