Archive Home > Archives > 2018 Archives > Suishō no Kyūden > A New Life
RushesIn

Character Info
Name: Ishel
Alignment: CG
Race: Deva
Class: Nature Cleric
Silver: 307
The day was a good one, the sun was high in the sky, revealing that it was about midday. A soft breeze ran through the emerald blades of grass, keeping the few people walking through the precious garden. A soft buzz of voices could be heard with the occasional laugh of a child, the faint trickle of the water seemed to keep a steady beat. There was a small area, beside a particularly magnificent rose bush that seemed to be gathering light. The quartz started to reflect stronger beams of light as what seemed to be a small, bright ball was lifting slightly off the ground. 

Slowly, the ball lost its brightness as it stretched. Eventually, it formed the dull base of a tall woman. With one last flash of light the stretched base was gone and instead was a deva. Confused, she stepped forward and instantly fell to the ground. She opened her eyes, staring at the mystifying rose bush with her white eyes. Her purple skin seemed lighter than it should be, her white markings faint. The woman propped herself weakly on her elbows, looking around meekly. She was weak and confused, where was she? What was going on? Why was she here?

One thing was in her mind, and that was one word over and over again; Ishel, Ishel, Ishel. Who was Ishel? The constant repeating just made her head spin with more questions. She tried to stand, but was too weak to do so on her own.

ƒølløώ τhε lïττlε ṿøïсεṡ ïṉṡïḋε ÿøυɾ hεαḋ αṉḋ ÿøυ ώïll ṉεṿεɾ вε løṡτ.
Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
He couldn’t focus, try as he might he was unable to keep his mind from fraying in too many directions to count. That wasn’t normal, not for him. Thinking he was getting drained from overworking, now that was common, he made his way to his throne room on foot. All the while he was rubbing his temples, though he smiled politely to anyone that tried to garner his attention. Thankfully people didn’t keep him for too long once they realized he was going to the throne room. Kagayaki was resting in the beams that arched the ceiling as usual, and he nodded his head to him as he closed the great doors behind him.

There was no one giving offerings at his altar and he was grateful for the peace. Even so, he couldn’t get ahold of his trails of thought. With a silent flicker of light, he disappeared only to reappear atop the floating black tourmaline that made his throne. It grounded him instantly, bringing all of his energy to rest calmly at his core. That meant one thing at least: it wasn’t his energy going out of whack. So what was this? If he hadn’t known any better he would have thought there was a surge happening. His teeth gritted as he winced and finally ended up hunching over his knees.

Feet fell softly to the ground from the high beams, and Kagayaki was in front of his throne immediately, looking up at him, “Sir…?” He shook his head, lifting one hand to wave him off. His own voice was shaky, soft in an attempt to hide it, “G-Go to Echo and the children.” There was hesitation before he heard the hurried trill of feet on tile and he knew that his elemental would soon be keeping guard over his wife and children. Luckily Kagayaki was always stoic and on edge, so nothing would seem too out of the ordinary.

Something twisted just above his gut and he was compelled to rise of from his seat, near falling to the floor from it but managing to catch himself on his feet. This was something he recognized, a draw and pull of newly formed light. Not someone transitioning, no, something was being created. Of light. On his grounds. With newfound purpose he flickered from his throne room, following that sense of light all the way to The Crystal Garden just in time to see a sphere of light lift up from the ground. His heart pounded in his chest as he watched a body slowly form, and his lips parted in awe. What in the world…? He thought to himself.

The light slowly took form until he was staring, wide eyed as a child, at the young woman. There was a heartbeat of silence and then she was on the ground. That had him acting quickly, and he moved forward the remaining yards between them until he was knelt beside her; his emerald eyes glowing so brilliantly they cast shadows on his face.

Without thinking, he moved his hands to help her stand up, stabilizing her as best as he could without giving too much touch to a newcomer. Who was this?! “Are you quite all right?” Despite the calm of his voice, his eyes hadn’t strayed from their widened state of surprise. He was so much in shock that he hadn’t even noticed the dizzying confusion in his head had stopped, “Come, come with me inside.” He looked over her head, around them, realizing now that others had witnessed this as well. Surely there would be questions to come, and he wanted to be able to answer them when they came flooding to him. Right now though, she didn’t seem dangerous, but he certainly wanted to make sure she wasn’t overwhelmed.

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
RushesIn

Character Info
The deva looked curiously at her helper, her white eyes darker than normal; foggy almost. Suddenly, a wave of panic shot through her nervous system, triggering a blinding pain in her head. She started to screech, subconsciously pushing the nearest humanoid away as she hunkered down. Her voice was cracking as awful scenes flooded her memory; she was witnessing her death. Bits of a setting flashed behind her eyes. This vision was blurry and far off, like she was watching from a screen; but she could still understand what she needed to. There was fire, and screaming. Oh the screaming. Blood curdling war-cries as people rushed to defend their village. The woman saw the scene rush forward, noticing that she was one of the soldiers.

A group of heavily armored mercenaries had found her rich home. The village was unprepared for the selfless fighting the enemy chose. Taking out anyone within their killing range, the mercenaries dominated the town. The woman stood there, hoisting some unknown weapon above her head as she backed up; feeling another comrade's back against hers. Another yell, cut off quickly with something that sounded like a slit throat. She found herself cornered, so the woman felt her past self start swinging, wildly. But it was over; a thick arrow had got her through the eye.

The present deva didn't feel any pain, then all at once. A deep gash on her abdomen, a nick on her shoulder, a flimsy sword in her leg, and the killing wound; the pain was unbearable. She felt her wounds mending, the tissue reconstructing, her skin closing. Then all at once her mind was back to the present. She was in a glorious garden full of many treasures, the were people around looking both confused and scared, and someone else, too. Her mind was slow and unclear, yet she still could sense the powerful presence beside her.

As the woman looked up her mind registered that this was the humanoid she pushed in her relapsing fit. She put her hands together in what intended to be a mighty clap and bowed weakly, still on her knees. The unknown deva was confused by her own actions, but she was confused by many things. Opening her mouth, she tried to utter an apology; but between her mysterious appearance and screaming there was no voice left. The woman looked up at the other, her eyes dimming even more, loosing most of the healthy glow she should have.
On her knees, the deva just stayed completely still; studying everything. Trembling hands raised to her face, feeling every feature. Before she knew it, her cheeks were covered in giant tears as she listened to the shocked murmuring of the curios onlookers. Everything was flooding back to her, but at the same time it was leaving. Flashes of her past life would appear leaving her with the sense that she should know something. THe pain was gone, but that fresh memory was the most demanding of them all, draining her emotionally.

She dried off her cheeks before directing her eyes back to the powerful presence, croaking out a single, hoarse word; "Ish-sh…el"

Naota

Character Info
No sooner had he started to lead her did he hear an ear-splitting scream. He stepped back from her as her hands pushed at him, and he wondered if he’d somehow touched a wound or unintentionally harmed her himself. From there he couldn’t properly describe what he was seeing other than a physical and mental break down. The crowd was thickening around them; already there was a healthy circle, but with enough space to keep anyone safe. No one wanted to venture too close to this horrified woman. Whether he liked it or not, he had to treat this as a possible threat and instantly a shimmering dome surrounded them: keeping all from being able to step any closer. Should something happen he would be able to handle it, but it was his duty to keep all in his realm safe. None of the onlookers seemed to mind that and kept their distance even from the protective bubble.

She fell to her knees and again he was urged to help her up, but wasn’t about to touch her so soon after her having so extreme of a reaction as before. Tears ran in streaks down her skin and his hands curled into tight fists; it was that hard to fight the urge to help her. When finally she seemed to calm he breathed out a breath he hadn’t realized he was holding; feeling relief at once and chancing another two steps closer to her. With her bowed like that, he didn’t want to keep a dominating position and sat down on his knees in front of her. Her tear brimmed eyes reminded him of heavy rain clouds, and he doubted that was a coincidence. She spoke to him, her voice hoarse from the screaming and he could barely make out what she had said. His own voice softened and quieted, hoping to keep the moment as calm as possible, “Ishel…?” What did it mean? It certainly wasn’t Ataiyan, and he didn’t recognize it from any language he personally knew…possibly Abedian?

“Is that your name…? Someone that you’re looking for…?” Was it possible that the word could be the root of her fear? It was hard to tell, but one thing was obvious: she was lost. Introductions were in order. He rested his palms onto the emerald blades of grass, fingers loosely lacing there as he tried to keep her focus on him and nothing else, “I’m called Naota…I am a deity here, of Light and Perseverance…Strength.” It wasn’t normal for him to introduce himself by title, but he wanted her to understand that he was able to help her, protect her, and not just a kind individual. “Can you understand me…?” For all he knew she wasn’t even able to speak his tongue, but if it came to it they could communicate through telepathy: he was well versed in that.

God Rules:
RushesIn

Character Info
The woman opened her mouth the speak again, but instead an awful sound was produced and she winced with pain as she held her throat. She held up a shaking hand, pointing to herself. I am Ishel, a reincarnated deva. For some reason this is what stuck out in her mind, this was the only thing she was certain of. Ishel tried to stand, there was somewhere she had to go; people were dying somewhere, the place she had just been. Her legs gave out halfway through and she tumbled onto the ground again, sprawled out on her back. Calming herself from the rising panic she could feel creeping up her spine she slowly got onto her knees, gazing into the eyes of the one called Naota. He was the one with the presence she could feel, and for some reason this assured her. 

Abandoning the idea of verbally communicating the way she was, she placed her hands softly on the other's shoulders as her dimly glowing eyes were restored of a fraction of there regular health. She had done this many times before, and as if someone else was guiding her she mouthed a soft incantation. "Yes, your language is understandable yet I don't know how. I am called Ishel, a nature deva of dawn" As she spoke the words were hers, but the voice was a faint copy of Naota's, of course it was not anything too strong, and sounded of something like a distant relative. Her grip on his shoulders weakened as she continued, "I was recently killed and my memories are scattered, but I promise by my lifebond to the gods of good that I mean no harm."

Finally, her hands dropped, her energy dangerously low. Her expression showed complete honesty although her white eyes had lost their shine and her markings were almost gone. Ishel slumped down, her vision blurring as she instantly regretted taking the risk of using a spell. She fought for her consciousness but had to hold on to the deity to keep from falling off her knees. Her breathing calmed down as she fought down the nausea and waited for his response.  

Naota

Character Info
His eyes widened and his lips parted when such a sound was produced from her lips, and he was urged to jerk his head back. However, he kept himself steady and hoped whatever was happening would be something he could help smooth out. She regained some of her strength and sat up on her knees in front of him: mirroring his position. This was a step in the right direction at least, and he was about to prod into her mind when she rested her hands on his shoulders. He welcomed that touch with an encouraging nod though his eyes never moved away from hers. They seemed so bottomless…so absorbing, and he couldn’t recall the last time he’d seen anything like them.

Her lips moved silently, but he wasn’t able to catch them fast enough to read what she’d been mouthing. When again her lips parted, he was shocked to hear his own voice…or, something like his voice. Honestly hearing the timbre of a man exit what appeared to be a woman was enough to throw anyone off, and all he could do was quietly listen with wider eyes. A nature deva of dawn…What was a deva? Recently killed? What did all of this mean? Was she the reincarnation of someone or were her kind like those of the phoenix that had a never-ending cycle? The prospect always seemed beautiful and terrifying all at once.

Even without her sworn words he would have believed she wished to do no harm: you simply couldn’t come into his temple if you held evil intent, not that she could know that. Even her small speech and magick work had been too much, and he instantly moved his hands out to gently hold her sides when it looked as if she were going to sway. She was so weak…His eyes saddened and then hardened with resolve. This needed sorted out and she needed the proper help. Neither of which were able to be accomplished if they stayed out in the open like this.

His hands remained on her sides, just enough to keep her from falling over, and he quickly teleported them through a ray of light. When they reappeared, it was within the safety of his temple’s walls. The sapphire room was one of the best places for newcomers to visit first as it was meant for those that were still uncomfortable with being around too many people. Presently they were the only two in there. They were in the same position they had been in at the gardens: on their knees with his hands supporting her, only now it was on the soft cushions of the couch. The blue flamed fire crackled as if trying to offer its own form of comfort, and he chanced moving his hands away from her,

“Now then…” his voice was soft, laced in worry but keeping his composure, “Don’t worry about communicating vocally.” He spoke directly into her mind this time, his lips were still as he continued, “Think your words and I will hear them.” He offered what he hoped was a reassuring smile as he tried to urge her to sit properly on the couch, not wanting her to take a spill or tumble off of it. “You’ve called yourself a deva…What is that? We can worry about your memories being restored when you’ve had some time to rest…” His eyes softened, “I promise you that you’re safe here and can stay for as long as you need to…”

God Rules:
RushesIn

Character Info
Suddenly her scenery changed from the luxurious garden with a chattering crowd to a soft room, full of comfortable heat and silence. A look of relief passed over the stressed features of the woman's face momentarily at the fact that she wouldn't have to waste energy speaking any longer. She tried to organize her thoughts, but it was simply a swirling mass of memories. My name she thought, a soft voice like freshly fallen dew rang out through her mind. A moment passed before she remembered it, It's Ishel. The word triggered something, her eyes widened quickly as she gripped Naota's shoulders.

A deva's are an ancient race with depleting numbers, servants of past gods. They live their lives in the path of life, for if they stray their next life will be of a rakshasa, an evil race with animal heads. Once a deva is killed, they will be reincarnated within that day, leaving them very weak and confused. A deva will have until the next sundown to remember their past life, and then it will be erased from their memory. They will not be able to hear or read about their past life. 

Her moment of knowledge faded as she loosened her grip, There was a village being raided by…she paused again, her eyebrows furrowing in deep concentration, mercenaries. I was one of the last left alive before, The deva slowly lifted her hand to her left eye, where a small circle on her eyelid was discolored, a deep maroon. I was shot down by an arrow. I feel like…the village is already gone. She stayed silent for a while, lost in her fading thoughts before looking up again quite suddenly. 

There's something else, devas of dawn, what I am, are magically connected with the elements of the morning. Her lips moved slowly, although it was unnecessary it felt more permanent if she did so, I am connected to the sun, its light across the waking land and its angry heat. After her information was passed she moved her lips rapidly, though her thoughts were deeper, just beyond the surface. It was the story of the village, the people there. If he pried deeper, he would learn of a small village full of untold riches due to a mining anomaly. There was the mayor, an old human with many stories to share, a family of warrior dwarves that wanted a  simple life for their children, a wizard with a kind heart would entertain the bored children, and many other residents of a now destroyed town.

After a while she stopped, looking up as she shifted slowly on the couch they were ot. Her legs were stiff and she moved awkwardly, her balance was off as she fell with a heavy thud. Her feet still touched the top of the cushions as she rest of her was on the floor, looking up at the ceiling. The shock of falling was delayed, her senses blurred and slow, exhausted. Instead of trying to move back onto the couch, she slowly dragged her feet to the floor. Pushing her hands off the ground, she attempted to stand up again, I can't leave all of those people. The village must have something left. In a while I will be a mindless shell, lost to eternity. But her arms gave out and she was stuck on the floor, her body had given up. As if snapped out of her dream-like senses she pointed at Naota.

When I lose my memories, everything that I am will be gone forever to me. I will wake up as a new person completely, my name, class, friends, and home will all be gone. If you will accept me as your faithful servant of morning light, I will be bonded to you. I will have a purpose, given to me by you. You will be the one to choose a new name for me, a new title. I will know what I am but not who I am. If you accept my life-bond then I can become a person. 

Naota

Character Info
As she spoke her story into his mind he saw parts of it flicker in and out like a dream he was trying to remember. The pain of the arrow she’d felt stung in his own flesh as if he’d lived it himself, along with the history of the village she’d come from. It was as if the two were connected in this one moment of her relaying everything to him. In her attempts to move, she tumbled from the couch and he managed only to flicker to the floor and let her head land on his palm to cushion it from the full blow. Even as she tried to stand, his hands hovered around her in case she should fall again, but he wanted her to try and stand on her own…Some people didn’t like being babied when they were coming back around. That being said, he couldn’t let her hurt herself.

His lips parted and his head pulled back in surprise when she pointed at him, but the task she laid before him felt like a great undertaking. Even for a deity. Being a creature of light herself, it was only natural to give her a place in his temple, but…deciding her life? Could he do that? His way was to help others discover the strength within themselves, to find their own paths…Not make it for them. If he did agree, he’d leave enough vagueness so that she had liberty to find her own way. What could he do? What choice did he have? He wasn’t about to leave her a mindless mess, but guilt gnawed at his stomach just thinking about having so much control over another person’s life and future.

He spoke back to her with his own mind, as that was the easiest way for her to communicate, and he didn’t want to speak aloud should it be a reminder that she was too weak to do so herself, “I…accept.” There was only a little hesitation before he made the agreement. “You’re of course welcome to stay in the temple, should you want to you could become a clergy since your life has followed the path of light thus far.” He chewed on his bottom lip; shifting to lean his back against the couch as his legs crossed in front of him,

“But I will not decide all aspects of your life. All I’ll instill is that you use your magick and other gifts for the sake of good, but not so much so that it could get carried away.” There were plenty that did things all ‘in the name of good’ and ended up hurting others due to their own blind sense of justice. A particular young general and his army came to mind, though he hadn’t seen him in years now. “Do not harm others unless it is purely out of defense, but even then it should be a last resort.” It felt like he was working out a contract with a djinn, because truth be told he had no idea how literal all of this would be taken once the seal was done.

“Keep your name, Ishel.” his voice softened as did his eyes, “Everything else you can figure out along the way. Be good, be true, be strong in mind and body, understand darkness just as well as you understand the light: both can only exist with the other.” He knew that all too well. “Will that all suffice…?” If there was anything else he needed to give her, now was the time for him to know, there wouldn’t be another chance.

God Rules: