Archive Home > Archives > 2018 Archives > Eytelia Ziggurat > Only If You Try [P, E]
Eletha Daesatra

Character Info
Name: Eletha Daesatra
Alignment: LG
Race: Elf
Class: Cleric/Archer
Silver: 295
Eletha stood in Sihajja. She carried her bo staff that she used for combat, her backpack, and her canteen full of water. She pulled the hood on her cloak further onto her head, making the shadows deepen on her face. She wasn't trying to be mysterious, she just was a bit weary of the others who were also participating in the event. She had no companions and didn't know anyone outside of her elven village. When the priestess had advised her into taking on the challenges, she had said that she'd meet a few other courageous people who'd become great friends in the future, but so far it either looked like everyone was already completing the challenges or creating groups. Deciding that maybe she should do this on her own, Eletha made sure that she had everything that she'd came with. She checked the basic necessities, her herbs, her blanket, and her beeswax. She never took on anything like this before, she was use to helping and healing others in her village. She was the priestess' assistant and tended the gardens and kept predators away from the flocks, not complete trials that tested her skills and abilities. Eletha was sighed softly and went on her way. She knew that she'd been stalling and she felt like she could feel the priestess' disappointment a the way from here. With her blessing and the courage she had instilled into her, Eletha knew that her heart wouldn't let her turn back. She strides towards the pathway to the main door of the the Eytelia Ziggurat. 
Nelista Crysalerek

Character Info
Name: Nelista Crysalerek
Alignment: CN
Race: Tiefling
Class: Sage of Illusion
Silver: 194
Nelista smirked. So many hopeful individuals here, just waiting to help the Gods with their job. She wasn't in it for them, though. If the evil awoke and the world ended, her life of fun and adventures would come to a end more quickly then she'd like. She liked using her magic and exploring the world but she couldn't do that if she didn't existed. Luckily she was very skilled in her magic, the magic of Illusions. She loved playing tricks and fooling others into thinking they saw things that weren't there. It was also amusing to spread fear but lately she'd found that more of a childhood thing rather than something she'd did everyday. These days she preferred to grow her strength so she could become the most powerful in her field and perhaps rule over something one day. Nelista only carried some food, water, and her magical wand, all the things she needed. Even though she only had an idea of the dangers beneath the waters she felt that she could take care of herself, as long as it was only herself. She looked around as she headed toward the entrance and she was startled to see a young elf making her way there. She had a pretty, youthful face and elven apparel. Nelista didn't see a bow and arrow, or a sword, so perhaps the girl was magic user like herself. But then while the girl was checking her supplies Nelista noticed the herbs and she scoffed as the sight of the little Cleric. Finding this hilarious, Nelista approached the young girl, blocking her way. She was about a half foot taller than the girl so she basically towered over her, but she didn't look frightened. "You do know you can't just heal your way through all of the trials? And I bet that the beasts will slaughter you before you can even finish a fourth of your prayer."
Eletha Daesatra

Character Info
Eletha stared up at the strange woman. She looked like a devil but she had a tail and she acted more orderly than them. Still she had their chaotic vibe and this worried her; what if the trials weren't just about the real problem, but also testing your ability to deal with people who you're not comfortable around? Eletha hadn't yet been taught how to deal with Demons properly so she was weary of this one. "I think that I can take care of myself, thank you. Clerics aren't just skilled at healing, they can also grow their abilities in melee combat or really anything." She wondered if the woman would stay in her way or keep grinning cruelly down at her. She needed to get on her way, and it seemed like the woman had been heading the same direction, so she nodded at the pathway." I think that we were going the same way so…you can join me if you like." Actually that was the exact opposite of what she wanted to do, travel with this woman, especially when their goal was dangerous to achieve. But the woman seemed stronger and looked like she used magic and that would be a great factor in their journey. 
Nelista Crysalerek

Character Info
Nelista frowned. This elf wasn't as weak as she'd thought. Or maybe she was and she was just hiding behind bravery and courage, probably something a guardian had disciplined inside of her. She considered joining her. In these kinds of situations working together was better than being alone, especially during combat. She didn't know how well the girl knew how to use that little sick of hers but healing was a nice thing when you were hurt, so Nelista accepted the invitation. "Hopefully you'll last more than one trial. I'd hate to have to give the remains of a child anyone." She moved out of the way and gestured for the fey to walk ahead of her but not out of honor; if anything bad happened at least she'd survive and be able to make it inside. As they walked Nelista became curious of her new companion. "I thought that most elves were either archers or nobles, not studying to become priests…or priestesses, if you may."
Eletha Daesatra

Character Info
Eletha frowned for a moment but then shook her head. "I'm not that fragile, you should underestimate anyone, especially where we're going. Thanks for joining me, by the way. I trust that you have much experience with your skills. Are you a sorcerer?" As they walked the pathway began to get darker and darker but so gradually that you almost didn't notice, but Eletha was being very observant. She didn't want to be surprised by anyone…or anything. The waters that surrounded the path were really to deep and dark to look clearly at but sometimes she saw glimpses of fins, scales, and sometimes even sharp teeth. This made her grip her bo stick even tighter in her fist. Everything that she had with her was lightweight for easy movement. The woman seemed to have nothing except the wand in her hand and maybe some other things in the pockets of her robes. Eletha listened to the woman, and the grinned when she heard the universal stereotype of her race. "I actually think that's about the millionth time I've heard someone say something like that. Not all elves carry bows and arrows, especially in my village. We value more peaceful alternatives to dealing with others rather than shooting something through their hearts. But I have used one before, and I plan on getting mine when I go back to my village." She smiled, thinking about memories of her childhood. "My grandmother carved a bow for me when I was very young but she made me promise not to collect it until I did something very brave, something adventurous, because she didn't want me to marry and get stuck in our village forever, like she had."
Realizing that she was talking a little too loud, Eletha lowered her voice but then realized that actually the natural sounds around her had gotten quieter. Her eyebrows furrowed as she scanned the area slowly. Everything just stayed quiet and ominous. Good thing they were approaching the main doors of the structure, and staying on the path safely. 
Nelista Crysalerek

Character Info
"Well then pardon me, I really shouldn't accept everything that flows through my ears. And no, I'm not a sorcerer but a sage - - - " She smirked but then stopped when she saw the concerned expression on the girl's face. She realized that it had indeed gotten darker and more the sounds more hushed. She took out her wand and illuminated the pathway, trying to avoid looking at the water. "Maybe we should hurry, don't want to…" She didn't finish her sentence and instead quietly made her way through the doorway. Once inside she felt the odd feeling that she had gotten before from the silence disappear and she could now focus on the task at hand. Each doorway led to a different trial, a different challenge for whoever took it on. "I don't think we should split up for this, I think we should stick together. Just in case one of us gets hurt and needs help but no else is there, you understand." Back in when she had been in school for magic, Nelista had taken on obstacle courses and challenges not so different from this in order to prove that they were good at whatever magic they were studying. Illusions interested her since the very beginning and she'd loved watching the minor magicians do tricks with shadows and visions. She had been at the top of her class. She didn't mind being in second or third place but usually she was in first. Everyone had always compliment her on how deceptive and mysterious she was when she was manipulating the shadows. Her teachers even sometimes gave her secret information that they never told another student, just because she seemed so promising. But while the obstacles and challenges at school were similar to this, the teachers did their best to make sure you didn't die. Here, in reality, anything could happen and dying was a great possibility. She eyed the girl wearily. "What's your name? I'm Nelista, Sage of lllusions. I think we should enter the first door, the one that yields to a corridor. Since it has projectiles, I can use my magic to create a stone wall that protrudes from wherever to protect us as we go along, alright? If one us gets hurt, use your healing, of course. "
Eletha Daesatra

Character Info
"I am Eletha, of the Daesatra Family." She nodded at her in respect. "A Sage is something admired in my village. We admire anything that comes from hard work work, and becoming a Sage takes time and dedication, like some other things." She studied the others doors and remembered their descriptions. She was really interested in the mazes and puzzles, for she'd always loved to try to solve them, although she wasn't the best at that. " I can use my bo stick to fend of things as well but I think that this kind of trial is testing out dexterity, since if we get hit at all we both go back to beginning." They both entered the first door, Eletha going first. The corridor was lit by an unknown light source, which Eletha realized by looking around and stretching her next to looking for the ceiling that seemed to disappear into darkness above. The walls were tinted a dark green color, similar to the jade in the statue of the teleportation statue where everyone had arrived through. The room has an old musk to it, and strangle the floor was covered in dust, or at least dust littered with footprints of past adventurers. The walls had cracks and strange holes, the ground with patterned tiles, some with intricate designs and symbols on them. Eletha held her bo stick in front of her with two hands, prepared for anything. Suddenly something whistled past her left ear. She flinched to the right, turning around for a moment before she saw, or rather heard, the sounds of other stones shooting towards her direction. She ducked and actually managed to hit a few of them away from her as she ran. That was before she remembered that the floor was also littered with traps. She felt a trapdoor burst with flames that singed the hem of her cloak as she leapt out of the way. Eletha coughed at the smoke and barely missed the stone wall that formed right in front of her. She glanced back at Nelista gratefully and heard the sounds of seemingly a thousand arrows hit the wall.