Archive Home > Archives > 2017 Archives > Maral'hal, the Wild Lands > The Lost one [Open]
The_ChaosKing

Character Info
Name: Rune The Skald
Alignment: TN
Race: Dark Elf (Drow)
Class: Druidic Bard
Silver: 98
Rune had followed the map to this mystic place, the one of his origin, a soft wind blew on his straight black hair. Rune's red eyes searched the area it was different it was a constant dusk and the air felt finer to him better than it felt back at him in Adeluna, it was on odd feeling as if his very soul where linked to the land. After all he was a Drow and this was where most of them reside, a strange Nostalgic feeling filñed his heart, just the feeling he wanted for a poem he wished to write, every Bard had one of those and he wanted his own. Despite the warm feelings there was a darker one lingering, even tho he felt a connection to the place and respected, he felt angered at it,  and even more angered at its people. The people that had deemed him unworthy of being part of thier culture for he had been considered a weak disgrace as a new born, they had expelled him and left him for dead, but that was years ago and now here he stood strong. Rune put away the map in a pack he was carrying he then proceed to take out his lute and some parchments to write on, he needed a poem of the place, so he sat down and admired the the surrounding area in looks for ideas for the verses of his poem. 

Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
The winds brought the scent of her guest to Moliira's nose, and her head tilted to one side.  Another outcast drow.  But this one was a bit different.  It was clear he had not lived among their people for any great length of time, and Moliira found herself curious about his story.  Given that he was a male, it was likely he had been cast out for some minor offense.  Perhaps even before he had been able to defend himself. 

There was nothing in her manner of dress to indicate her status, she preferred sturdy and functional ranger's garb.  The only hint was the pair of swords at her hips.  One seems to drink in the light, the other shimmered with frost.  "Welcome to the Wild Lands, traveller.  We don't see many bards here, and I'm sure the Storm Wolf would welcome your talents," she said, approaching and speaking as soon as she was noticed.  It was too much fun to act as a member of the loose priesthood she cultivated at times.

The_ChaosKing

Character Info
Rune was tuning his guitar when he took notice of a voice, it was a female Drow from what he could see, she wore ranger garb, which made him assume she was a Hunter of sorts. He decided to take a Kind approach."Hello, names Rune The Skald. Good afternoon, now isn't it? I would say day or evening but I honestly can't tell, but I like it that way." Rune said smiling he had a vauge nordic accent. Rune placed down his Lute next to him and looked up at the Drow, he was sitting down. "I take it you noticed I am a Bard, and of course you are correct to assume that. I am a Bard! Trained by the best of Adeluna. As for the Storm Wolf welcoming my talents I hope it does! Please sit down, I will make a small fire if you wish, and if your in the mood I will sing you a tune." Rune said invitingly, he didn't want to disrespect anyone in there own land, instead he wanted to be kind and welcoming to let the people know he was not a threat, even the Drow, the people that had expelled him.

Moliira

Character Info
"She likes it that way, keeping this place in twilight.  It agrees with some of the more… elusive residents of the realm.  There are quite a few fae creatures that live in those woods," Moliira said, pointing at the grand forest off in the distance.  She only smiled when he confirmed her assumption, and he seemed to be very chatty.  It was clear to her that he had definitely not be raised by drow, from his accent it was likely humans.  "A fire would be nice.  I have tea that I'd be quite willing to share.  And I'd be quite curious to hear one of your tunes.  What is your favorite kind of song to perform?" she asked, taking the small pack from her shoulders.  She always carried camp supplies with her, among which was the pot for brewing a favored kind of tea. 

The_ChaosKing

Character Info
((Sorry for never replying lol, I have been busy.))

Rune pulled out some sticks he had gathered earlier out of his pack and lit them on fire with a fire ball spell. "Well if I must say…. I have no favorite gener really… music is music and is beautiful in any form!" Rune said as he kicked back and let his feet warm in the fire. "Thanks for the Tea… by the way… not use to much kindness from no one…except well from my human parents and siblings." Rune said, he chuckled a bit.

Moliira

Character Info
(Good to see you back!)

Well, that was one piece of the puzzle solved.  Moliira nodded as he spoke, wondering just how Rune had ended up in human hands.  "Most humans would rather kill one of our kind on sight, your parents must be extraordinary in that regard," she said, hoping that would encourage Rune to tell more of his story.  Her hands moved quickly, pouring a measure of tea into a mesh ball, then she dropped it into a pot.  A quick flick of her wrist filled it with water, an easy trick for any ranger to perform.  Placing it near the fire, she let the tea brew.  "So what brings you here, if I may ask?" she added.

The_ChaosKing

Character Info
Rune smiled. "Yeah, my parents are great. My father is a hunter, having respect for everything in nature to him everything has a spirit, even rocks and thus you must always give respects to a killed animal. Not killing me a helpless baby as I was, must of fallen under his philosophy. And my mother a weaver with a kinder heart didn't mind my race, in fact they usually never acknowledge, unlike most strangers." Rune sat upright and looked at the trick with water the fellow Drow had done, it interested him so. "As to what I am doing here, I read about this place in a book, and I came here to write a song about it, because why not? Not much Drow folklore is known, most songs are made by Half-Elves or are about Human heros or any other race but Drow. I wish to change that, maybe if people knew our kind better, they would understand us? Perhaps I am wrong." Rune said, he kept looking at the flames with his dark red eyes which reflected the light.

Moliira

Character Info
His reaction to the conjuring of water interested her, and it showed her just a bit of what he knew.  At least he was aware of magic, and not a complete stranger to the subject.  "It most certainly will not hurt anything.  Though there are some things about our people that will always make humans wary.  Especially of those who dwell in the Umbral Depths.  Those of us who live in Maral'hal only want to live in harmony with the world," Moliira explained.  It was a difference that not everyone understood, and her people tended to be lumped into one group.  It was mildly aggravating at times.

"But one thing you will have to consider is that not everyone will want to listen to your words, even when they ring of truth.  What will you do then?" she asked, curious.