Archive Home > Archives > 2016 Archives > Ad'oealyn, Cavern of Resistance > Affairs of the Heart [GO-R]
Porthyrius

Character Info
Name: Adraejen "Drae" Porthyrius
Alignment: CN
Race: Half Elf Were Bear
Class: Blade Pact Warlock of the Fiend
Silver: 49802
What the hell are you doing here, Drae?

It was the question he had been asking himself for the last hour as he had paced back and forth outside the entrance to the Cavern of Resistance. Finding it had not been a difficult feat, after all, Angela had gates all over. It had simply been a matter of asking which one he needed to take. Of course, he had not asked Angela specifically how to get to her niece's temple. That had just dawned on him as being a VERY odd thing to ask the Goddess he had given his heart to. After all, what reason would he need to visit the Goddess of Love if he had the perfect woman? None, right?

Wrong.

This is ridiculous. Either you turn around and go back to Angela's Shrine, or you put a lid on your nerves and walk into the darkness. It can't be as difficult as choosing to walk into the Koschei swamps can it? 

Drae growled mentally to that thought and instinctively rubbed his leg. That had definitely NOT been his favorite adventure, and currently ranked up there with one of the worse experiences of his life. This definitely could not be any worse than Koschei. 

Not physically as bad perhaps…

It was true. He had heard about what could await one down in the caverns. He wasn't sure he was quite ready to face that at the moment either. He sighed. This was getting him nowhere. He pushed a stray lock of his typically pristinely kept black hair out of his silvery eyes and gripped his staff tightly. There was no point in just standing there doubting himself. He needed advice. With a growl of determination he stepped into the cave and let the darkness wrap around him. 

He was surprised to find that even with his elvish heritage it was very much dark inside, and the gift of the fey seemed to falter. It was a tiny bit disconcerting, but Drae decided to push onward regardless of the discomfort of being denied his vision. It certainly left him alone with his thoughts, though there seemed to be music wafting on the air. It actually made all rather pleasant. Blindly, Drae continued onward until he arrived at the fork that was lit with the dancing lights and the music stopped. 

He looked at the words etched above each archway and considered which path the choose. The right tunnel he could hear soft crying from and it sent a chill down his spine and he found himself honest to goodness afraid of what he would have to face down that tunnel. He turned his focus to the left tunnel and carefully read the description of what was to be expected. He the understanding dawned on him, he had to laugh out loud. 

"Yes, yes, they are definitely family," he chuckled before he pulled off his rucksack and deposited his staff inside the waiting chest. Next went his boots and his cloak, followed closely by his vest, tunic, breeches and underclothing. He even went so far as to pull the clip he used to keep his hair out of his face from his head and dropped it unceremoniously upon his clothing before he ventured onward in nothing but his skin. 

The cool cavern air made his leg ache. The bite had long healed, but there was still something about magically enhanced atmosphere that made the cursed mark ache. He couldn't figure out why, but he did hope in time that the pain would subside as he gained control of his newly acquired forms. The infliction of Lycanthropy was part of the reason the Warlock was seeking advice. He needed the strength to control himself, to keep from harming those he had come to care for so deeply in the short months he had been with them. 

Down the natural stone steps he went, until his bare feet met with the cool touch of the wading pool. A renewed chill went up his spine, this time from the legitimate cold that he was faced with as he waded deeper into the pool that would guide him further on to the Realm of Rhea. Ripples moved out from him, disrupting the glassy surface of the water as he pushed onward, the statues becoming visible. He watched as the visages of warriors slowly faded and became faces that meant something to him as he passed. The Duke… he felt anger begin to burn inside him, and his eyes shifted from the silver to the angry gold that accompanied his transformations, and he growled. He forced himself to look away from the likeness that he had torn apart some years ago, but was met with the face of the Duchess, and he felt the anxiety build up again, and he had to turn away yet again, fighting to find the will to breath. He had to keep going. 

He was seeing new faces now, faces that brought a sense of happiness and joy to him. Angela, Iva, Sapphire, and the twins. All those he had come to care for at Angela's temple. A smile painted his face as he passed them, and he lightly let his hand pass over Angela's foot, and gently caressed the hem of Iva's dress. Yes, they were his strength now. 

He moved onward, out of the wading pool where he found a modest robe waiting for him. He donned it and tied it tightly about his waist and went onward, across the bridge that waited on the other side of the tunnel. He watched the fish swim past him, as brightly colored as some of the flowers that grew in Angela's realm, while above him, he saw twinkling star-like lights that guided him onward. As he crossed the bridge, fish jumped and broke the glassy surface, filling the cave with the sounds of splashing, and he entered beneath the archway. 

He saw the red draped throne there, and a figure upon it. He had finally arrived. As he drew closer he realized that the figure upon the throne was asleep. He chuckled softly, before he lifted a hand and coughed a bit loudly to wake the Goddess who slept there.

Rhea

Character Info
Name: Rhea
Alignment: TN
Race: Siren Mixture
Class: Dreamweaver
Silver: 117
The feeling tickled from her toes to ears but it was not enough to wake her from her rest. Her body shifted and she tugged the blankets the rested on her throne over her body more. The comfort drowned out everything around her until the soft beat of feet on her floor. It was one of the things that she loved about the rules of her temple since there were never shoes making the harsh noises against the floor. She would be harsh if someone ruined her beautiful mosaic floor in her shrine room.

A chuckle followed but a loud cough was enough to cause the Goddess to shift in her sleep. A low groan escaped her lips. Why did someone have to bother her when she was so comfortable? One eye twitched open to peer at her guest with mild annoyance. There was another sigh that escaped her lips before her body finally started to shift on the throne. Her arms reached out over her head as she stretched out all her muscles. The simple motion was enough to bring the lush red blankets that rested on the throne flowing to the ground.

”Why must everyone wake up, sleeping beauty?” Her words came out soft but there was a soft whine to her feminine tone. Slowly, she shifted on a little and let hazel gaze finally situate fully onto him. ”You stink of my aunt.” The words were blunt and a smirk began to grow across her full lips. What interesting chain of events she was having laid at her feet today. She did not move to sit up but her propped her head up in her palm.

Despite resting on the throne, her chocolate curls had remained in smooth covering most of her figure. Her curves were loosely fitted with a dress of soft blue with hint of dark blue and purple dancing along the bottom. If it were not for the few layers of the thin fabric, there would have been little to hide from the view of her guest. He was far luckier that she was kind enough to rest in her attire. She knew how awkward it could make her guests to find her sleeping on her throne nude, despite her own personal wish for it.

”So, dear guest that stinks of aunt, how may I be assistance to you? And what lovely story do you hold for me? Does my auntie know you are here?” She could feel the love and desire that man held and she could make out enough to know that it was for the older Goddess that she referred to by Aunt. They were not related by blood, but she had been one of the dear friends of her parents and always referred to as her aunt.

My Active Threads
-pm if you don't see your thread!-
Porthyrius

Character Info
Drae didn't answer her initial question as the Goddess of Love and Lust sat up from her dozing position on her red covered throne. He had been ever so slightly distracted by her quite obvious curves that he had almost forgotten why he had come there in the first place, that is until she very bluntly stated that he stank of her relative. 

"Come again?" he asked quite suddenly, trying to make sure he had heard her correctly. Clearly he had because she proceeded to call him the guest that smelled of her aunt. 

"If its a story you want for me, I might have one that could amuse you to say the least. Do you really think she stinks, or is it just that I stink with how her natural essence has rubbed off?" he asked, almost trying to be comic, pretending to smell himself. At least he was attempting to make her crack a smile, but the question of if Angela knew he was there made the smirk fall from his face. 

"No… no she doesn't. I came here to ask you for your advice, and perhaps moreso the strength I need," he explained but still remained vague. He sighed and nervously ran his hand through his hair again. "I know you have already seen the feelings I have for Angela, and I have no doubt there have been others who may have sought you for your advice on the very same woman… but I would hope my venture here proves to be rather unique given the circumstances that have brought me to your throne, Lady Rhea," he said, actually sounding humble for once. That was a new one for him. He sure hoped it wouldn't become a thing, he sure didn't like the feeling. 

Rhea

Character Info
It appeared that the woman’s comments only helped to bring confusion to her new guest. As she eyes finally settled on him her lips seemed to curl more curiously at him as he tried to find out what she meant. There was some humor to his tone and he even went so far as to smell himself. Her hands reach over to her lost blankets on the floor pulling out from underneath a strange, green object. Oddly enough resting in her hand was actually a bell pepper.  As she held it up, her glanced back to him and placed a single finger against her lips.

”Why never! I would never think such a thing of my lovely aunt. She just as a distinct smell that is impossible to not tell and you stink of it. You could say it is her godly essence, but I think it is her own charm.” Rhea slowly shifted her body around as she let both of her bare feet rest against the floor below. She rested the pepper down on one of the arms of her throne. The smile on her lips had grown into one that could not help but mirror that of a tricksterous feline.

Her hand waved to him to follow as she walked right past him. She paused right next to him on her way, speaking out in a soft whisper. ”I would love to know more of why my aunt’s lover would so kindly introduce himself to me.” She waved her hand to him once again as she continued to walk with her swaying hips. She was acting very strangely but it would become known soon enough when she had him outside of the walls of her shrine, where the throne rested.

Rhea knew this man would follow her where she wished to go. He had a request of her, so he would have to deal with her strange tendencies. He could thank her father for it.  The cool breeze of the lake felt heaven on her cheeks as she stretched her arms up above her head, trying to stretch out all her muscles. She exhaled loudly and happily as she lowered her arms once more. Her body shifted quickly as she turned towards him on her heels. The front of her body leaned forwards and her head cocked to one side.

”You could have gotten yourself in so much trouble, what a naughty boy. Hopefully she was not listening but it would be quite entertaining to see the look on her face.  She had done well to never ask upon me if any of her lovers truly love her and I try my best to remain neutral in all her love affairs. There are people who do not want the eyes of god revealing the worst of their strengths and desires.” She gave him a little laugh but she finally focused with a mild seriousness in her gaze.

”Now that we are away from the ears of my aunt fully, what advice to you seek from me?”

My Active Threads
Porthyrius

Character Info
"Ah, well that makes much more sense," Drae admitted when Rhea explained what she had meant about him stinking of her aunt. He eyed the pepper that Rhea had set down upon the arm of her throne with a raised eyebrow, but when she left it there, and motioned that he should follow her back in the direction he had come from. He let his eyebrows furrow as she whispered as she passed him, suddenly wondering what it was she was trying to keep from being overheard. Overheard by who became the question, since they were quite alone in the throne room, at least as far as Drae could tell. 

He followed her out across the bridge, until she stopped and stretched out. He couldn't help but admire her physique, but did not allow his mind to wander far from his intended purpose of the visit. She turned on him, and announced that he could have just gotten into a lot of trouble, especially if Angela had been listening in. 

"Wait, she might have been listening? How—" he almost asked the question. Then he remembered the odd vegetable, and was reminded that Angela was the Goddess of Earth, which did include foods. "The pepper, right?" he asked with a slight chuckle and shook his head. He cleared his throat and looked at Rhea. 

"Honestly? I'm scared. You see, when Angela and I first became lovers, it was mostly because we both had a pain that the other person understood. Other than that, it was mostly for the fun of it… then, somehow, it slowly became more. Maybe it was getting to know her daughters and spending more time with her… I don't know. But it got to the point that I knew I couldn't stay around because I had the potential of bringing much danger and harm, not to Angela, but to her daughters. I couldn't risk that, so I left the shrine, because I had actually come to care about them, I didn't want to see them hurt or sad. It turns out, my leaving hurt them, and me, far more than I ever thought possible. It took her youngest child wandering into Wyllmochvar to try to find me and persuade me to come back," Drae explained as he leaned against the railing of the bridge. 

"Since then, my… well, yeah, my love for Angela and her girls has only grown. It's been several months now, and honestly, I've never been happier. But something happened a couple weeks or so ago, there was an incident in Koschei. You undoubtedly know what horrors lurk there. I was aiding a young mercenary while looking for something I thought Angela would appreciate, and got really messed up by a lycanthrope of the ursa variety. I've been inflicted with that disease. I am not asking for the curse to be lifted or anything of that variety, I know such things are difficult to do… but I do have a bit of a temper on me, and I've noticed lately that as I begin to lose my temper, I begin to lose control, and  begin to shift," he told Rhea. "I am scared that I am accidentally going to hurt one of them, either by the light of a full moon, or in a fit of rage. I couldn't live with myself if I did something like that. I need the strength to keep my condition under control…"

Rhea

Character Info
Her simple gestures were not enough for the man to understand what she meant right away but he followed her all the same. He was a smart man at least and maybe a little too trusting. They were all notes that she was marking in the back of her mind as if she had a checklist of things that were needed for the man to date her aunt. She was protective over her as if they shared the same blood. It had meaning to her that she was only her aunt by name because she had grown up with Angela there watching over her. Despite both of her parents being deity at one time, they both only reigned for what would be a short time compared to some. Her father was too greedy and the Voice must have known that her mother was ready for the next chapter in her life. The Voice had decided Rhea was ready to bear the weight her duties towards love and strength. She had already started to forget the last time her parents had visited her in her temple and, so, for now all she had was her aunt.

”And he figures it out!” The Goddess let off a soft giggle after his own words about the pepper. That was all she needed to say about the subject. They could speak in private now and she could feel the crawling sensation of curiosity stroking her spine. She had to stop herself from displaying the shivering emotion as her eyes studied him. She knew well of how accepting her Aunt’s children could be. They were rather picky about who was in their family, so she found herself grinning a little at the idea of one following him to Wyllmochvar. She wondered how angry Angela was that one of her children chased out into the mortal world after him. The world was not the safest place for children and she was very much a mother bear.

”Hmm, so you seek strength.” She paused in her words for a second letting her hand come up and her longest finger taping against her lips. ”You do not trust that sensation of love to stop you for losing all control and hurting someone you love? Many say it is their love that brings them their strongest strength and devotion. I have seen even the worst of beasts stop when they are faced with the one that their heart wishes to protect.” The way she asked her questions it was almost as if she was teasing or testing him, trying to see what he would do or say. She needed to know where exactly his soul stood. Did he fear the beast so much that he was scared to face it?

” My gifts come with a price. If you really wish to find that strength, I would suggest you find the way without me removing it. A god’s touch is not as beautiful as you would think. You cannot mess with fate without it biting back.” Her lips curled a little at the thought. She had no clue what her Aunt told him about her, but she would help him where she could. If he felt that all he could do was have a God change him then there was nothing she could do. If they were willing to accept whatever the price would be, she would grant them, however she did not get her title for nothing. She was curious how smart he really was. 

Would he wish to be gifted the strength to control the beast or use her help to find his own way to achieve it?

My Active Threads